Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss The REAL Disney Vacation (Pre-Trip Report) in the Vacation Planning forums; It's official! Booked today to head back to the world for the first real trip we've had in awhile. We have gone a lot yes, but usually we rush our ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Talking The REAL Disney Vacation (Pre-Trip Report)

It's official! Booked today to head back to the world for the first real trip we've had in awhile. We have gone a lot yes, but usually we rush our trips to just 3 days and it's been awhile since we've sat back and enjoyed. Well, we decided we were due so out came a loan from my 401(k) and onto the booking we went!

Here's all the details:

When? 9/20/11 - 9/25/11

Where? We'll be staying at Port Orleans Riverside which I'm psyched about because we've never been there. I have been reading about it and looking at pictures and I love the two themes they have going on. It'll be nice to have a little extra space too.

Who? The whole darn crew. It'll be me, the hubby, the kiddo (5), the step-son (19) and the girlfriend (19).

Tickets? 5 Day Tickets - Park Only - No Hopping

Special Stuff? Well let's not forget that I for once managed to book a trip in tandem with a FREE DINING offer! Woot!! The night we arrive is also a MNSSHP night. Problem is I don't think I can come up with an extra $280 for us all to go. We'll see.

ADRs? Well of course! See the itinerary for detail!

Ok... Itinerary then?

Monday 9/19
    We'll be leaving as soon as I'm done with work (around 4:00pm) on Monday, driving to Jacksonville, and staying overnight there. This will allow us to not be zombies Tuesday! We're figuring we'll get to the hotel in Jax around 11:00pm, depending on traffic.

Tuesday 9/20
    Leaving the hotel in Jax around 8:00ish which should have us arriving on property around 11:00am at the very latest. After we check-in, we'll be heading over to DHS for the day. We have reservations for the Fantasmic! Dinner Package at Hollywood & Vine at 4:40pm so we'll spend a good chunk of the day banging out the rides and shows that are must-dos, heading over for dinner, hitting another few rides/shows and then getting in our "special" line for Fantasmic! to end the day! We've never done the dinner package and when the park hours got extended and a Fantasmic! show got added, we all decided to switch it up and try it out.

Have to catch TSM this time, even if it means waiting in queue for 2 hours. We skipped it last time because when we got there (10:30) the fast passes were already gone. This time, we aren't hopping on DHS day and we can stand to wait if we need to!

Wednesday 9/21
    Starting out the day with breakfast at The Crystal Palace at 9:20 then spending the day at the Magic Kingdom, taking in all we can. I'm psyched, it looks like the new/old Tiki Room will be open then! I'll definitely be checking that out. Plus, the last trip (in March) they had the screens up at the end of HM so we'll also be able to now catch the new hitchiking ghosts!

NEWS: As a special surprise, we have booked the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party for this night too! Only the hubby and I know and only we will know until the moment we step onto the Terrace!

Thursday 9/22
    Heading over to O'hana to start the day. Breakfast with Stitch is something the step-son is gonna go nuts over. He may be 19 but we've been taking him since he was 12 and the fascination with Stitch hasn't changed.

This is the day where we don't know what park we'll be hitting. The plan is to decide while we're at breakfast. We've given the teenagers permission to go their separate way from us this day so if they want to hit a park that's different from what we want to do, so be it!

We'll be leaving whatever park we decide to do and meeting up (if we separated) at Whispering Canyon for dinner at 7:50. Mmmm!!! KETCHUP!!!!!

Friday 9/23
    This is hubby and mine's 5 year anniversary day! There's EMH at Epcot (open until midnight) so that's the plan for celebrating it. We'll be heading over in the morning, probably catching a QS breakfast at the resort. We skipped a LOT at Epcot on the last trip so some of the things we want to be sure we hit are Soarin', Living with the Land (we skipped the Land pavillion) and all of the World Showcase. For dinner we're hitting my son's favorite, Garden Grill.

Saturday 9/24
    The girlfriend really loves animals and on the last trip, all we did at AK was hit Everest (literally). So, we'll be spending open til close at AK on this day! Definitely going to make it a point to hit the Trek, Safari and Nemo for sure but the plan is to do as much as we can. Girlfriend and step-son can do Kali River Rapids if they'd like... I hate getting that wet. The park closes at 5:00 so we have our dinner rezzies setup for Rainforest Cafe (at AK)!

After Rainforest we'll probably head over to DTD to do some shopping and maybe hit Disney Quest. It was part of the original plan to do DQ but who knows... maybe we'll change our mind!

Sunday 9/25
    We're starting Sunday out with breakfast at Cape May Cafe, a new experience for all of us. I'm psyched for this. I've heard the buffet isn't that much different than what we get at CP (which is a good thing) but the characters are ones we won't see at all on the rest of the trip so it'll be great fun!

After breakfast we may head back to DTD or we may decide to pack up and head home. Maybe we'll hit a mini-golf or something. We just don't know!

So there it is! The pre-trip report! Let the countdowns begin!!
    Last edited by BamaJenn; 09-09-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

GoofyDad is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: The REAL Disney Vacation (Pre-Trip Report)

Sounds like you've got a great trip planned. We are going to be there for overlapping days (we are there from 9/17 to 9/23, staying at Coronado Springs) - so if you see a man and his wife with 9 and 7 year old sons with perma-grin from enjoying Walt Disney World... its us!
    JUN 2010 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Star Wars Weekends)
    SEP 2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    MAY 2012 - Offsite single night and DHS
    DEC 2012 - Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas - Jambo House

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks great, have fun.

Cortini is offline Annual Passholder

Sounds great have fun!
    D23 Charter Member~Castaway Club Member~DVC Member @ Wilderness Lodge & Saratoga Springs~Pin Trader~Vinylmation Collector

"A wish is a powerful thing especially when it comes from the heart."

Finally figured out most of my travel histoy!
    2012- March- 4 nights at Wilderness Lodge then 3 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2011- March- 5 nights at Treehouse Villas then 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower
    2010- March- 6 nights at Saratoga Springs then 1 night at Bay Lake Tower.
    2010- July- 7 nights at Saratoga Springs.
    2009- March- 9 nights at Boardwalk Villas.

2009- October- 2 nigths at Dolphin then
    Disney Wonder- 3-Night Bahamian Cruise (w/ a friend who I met on the Magic cruise)
    2008- March- Disney Magic- 7-Night Eastern Caribbean Cruise (1st cruise ever)
    2008- November- 5 nights at Coronado Springs
    2007- March- 9 nights at Wilderness
    2007- November- 2 nights at Swan
    2006-1998 Yearly Trips sometimes two trips a year at various resorts which are the following(resort (# of times not previously stated))-
    Saratoga Springs (1), Contemporary( Tower (1), Garden Wing (2 i think)), All-Star Movies(1 night then on the another hotel), All- Star Music (1), Wilderness Lodge (Lodge (1), Villas (?)) Coronado Springs (1), Animal Kingdom Lodge (1)

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Sounds great...cant wait to hear more!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyDad View Post
    so if you see a man and his wife with 9 and 7 year old sons with perma-grin from enjoying Walt Disney World... its us!
    LOL! You just described probably 75% of the families on property at any given time!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

WyckedPhoenix is offline D-Ticket Holder

Sounds awesome! I hope you have a great trip and I look forward to the TR, with pictures of course! :-)
    *Jennifer Lynn*
    NDW #38
    Fist EVER WDW trip in October 2011!
    Things about me....

Yes and I promise that with this one, there will be a trip report. The March trip came and went so fast and I just never got back to working on a report! This one will be worthy of one, with pics included!

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Oooh! Looking foward to hearing all about it!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Change of plans for arrival day! Updated!

It's official... we've told DS that we're going. The only problem with this is the fact that at 5 years old, he doesn't quite understand time yet. So, he knows we are going but really isn't grasping that we are going in 3 months. I see 3 months of dealing with the "are we going today?" question each morning but oh well!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

You're hitting some restaurants that I have not been to in a while. Look forward to your reviews.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Looks like a great trip

New ADR added: We will now be having lunch on arrival day at Planet Hollywood!

Only 69 days left!! Still trying to get rezzies for the dessert party to surprise the 'kids' but it's proving difficult!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast