Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaime's Memorable Memorial Weekend in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok, I have to ask....Did you know the guy in the back of the rocket? Or was he just part of the scenery? lol!...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Jaime's Memorable Memorial Weekend

Ok, I have to ask....Did you know the guy in the back of the rocket? Or was he just part of the scenery? lol!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

tiggerbell is offline E-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Ok, I have to ask....Did you know the guy in the back of the rocket? Or was he just part of the scenery? lol!

Didn't even realize he was there at the time... but the least he could have done was look the wrong way, too!

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

Ahh and it was only a week ago....
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerbell View Post
    Didn't even realize he was there at the time... but the least he could have done was look the wrong way, too!
    Ha! He just kinda reminded me of some of the "meth monkeys" we see on some of our medical calls. lol!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

puggymom is offline A-Ticket holder

Found Ya!

This is fantastic that you guys did this! next time, feel free to detour through NJ and pick me up.

Off to find the other trip report that will hopefully have a surprise visit from a Jersey girl!

Quote Originally Posted by puggymom View Post
    Found Ya!

This is fantastic that you guys did this! next time, feel free to detour through NJ and pick me up.

Off to find the other trip report that will hopefully have a surprise visit from a Jersey girl!

Absolutely! But you have to wait - that was our last day!

CHAPTER 6: Running Around the Park

One of my reasons for pushing so hard for this trip to happen was the Joplin tornado that took a friend of ours, Lorie. It just seemed so important to me to be with friends and do something crazy and be in Disneyworld. So we discussed it and headed over to the Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip in Lorie and Glenn’s honor.

Oh, and the nail polish choice of the trip was clear with newspaper print running across them.

Next up was the Jungle Cruise.

I want to say Todd was scared at the size of the line? It was about 20 minutes…

Over to Pirates – this is the face Todd makes when I tell him to lie on a table in a line, and he tries, but the legs of the table are very wobbly, and he’s pretending he did not just try to lie there.

Now I’m taking pictures of light fixtures in bathrooms!

Over to Big Thunder Mountain. Kim asks to be put in the back – what did I ever do to Kim?????

Todd demonstrates what happens if you don’t hold on!

We had to go through the new – backwards – queue to Small World. Jen takes a call on the ride.

Finally over to Winnie the Pooh – it’s late enough that there’s NO KIDS!!! We get to play with everything in the line!!!

Over to Snow White to say good-bye (again – I have to stop taking trips! Lol!) And we discover Dopey is already gone!

Last edited by tiggerbell; 06-06-2011 at 07:30 AM.

mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

Oh, my, what fun!

Eagerly awaiting the next installment.

debrights is offline A-Ticket holder

awesome report. cant believe dopey is already gone

I hate to show my ignorance here, but where did Dopey go?

Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    I hate to show my ignorance here, but where did Dopey go?

I believe he's being utilized as union labor for the new mine ride.

jcc0621 is offline A-Ticket holder

Jaime! Puggymom pointed me in this direction. WAs wondering why I hadn't heard from you in a while, I knew you would go this long without at least a trip in the planning stages

I can't believe you guys did this! How cool. Can't wait to hear about the rest of it!

Janet
    All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    -Walt Disney-

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Very funny trip report. Love it!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

CHAPTER 7: The Memories, The Food, and The Room

The Magic Kingdom is open until midnight tonight (possibly with Extra Magic Hours until 3am, but we never confirmed this and we’re not staying on property, plus we’d have to get a stroller for Jen if we tried it). There’s the Main Street Electrical Parade at 9 & 11. Wishes at 10. And the new The Memories, The Magic, And You show at 9:45 and 10:35. We were in Fantasyland, right before riding Snow White when the fireworks ended – I’ve never been in Fantasyland during the fireworks. I’m glad I got to see it from that perspective.

We are planning on catching the Memories show at 10:35, so we head out front of the castle and find the place mobbed – with about 20 people!!! We find a huge plot of land, right up front, and sit down on the ground. Once again I am floored by what they’ve done. Todd points out that perhaps we were a little too close – the effects of the projections on the castle appear a little flat. He’s right, but go too far back, and the pictures are too hard to make out. That was my original theory anyway. Turns out, up close, the pictures are still pretty hard to make out. I think the viewings I got 2 weeks ago, when we were by the Partners statue, were better for the overall viewing of the castle.

The park is still open for at least another hour – and I’m starving! We head over to Cosmic Ray’s. Jen and Todd share fries. Kim gets a kids’ meal. And I eat half a chicken!

At about 5pm, I had called the hotel, since I had not heard from them. They tell me all the rooms are now ready (huh?) and we can show up at any time. I tell them we’re at a park and am reassured that we could stroll in at 2am and we’ll be fine. Huh? It just all seemed so “whatever”. It’s about 1am when we get there, they ask for ID and a credit card, and we cart our bags to our room. It’s a decent room – 2 queen beds and a sleeper sofa.

It was very nice… could have used more outlets… but very nice. Contacts removed, phones plugged in, teeth brushed, wakeup call requested, and we pass out!

Last edited by tiggerbell; 06-08-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

This is hands down the coolest thing I've ever heard. You know, my wife and I sort of did the same thing last summer. Originally we weren't going on a vacation, but then decided (in June!) that we really needed to get away, but everywhere we wanted to go had no availability (we were booking through my in-laws timeshare that we share with them). I jokingly say "We could always go to Disney World." No response from my wife for a few minutes. Then she said "That's actually not a bad idea." You can't say that to me, because the next thing she knew I had a spreadsheet with flight times and how much it would cost to stay on property and park passes. She was a little concerned. I could see she thought this couldn't be possible, but I talked her into it and we went last September!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast