Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW & DCL May 2011 day 3 in the Vacation Planning forums; Sunday May 15th 2011 As usual for the first day we were up early so we watched a bit of t.v. unpacked the last bit of stuff and finally set ...
    TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

WDW & DCL May 2011 day 3

Sunday May 15th 2011

As usual for the first day we were up early so we watched a bit of t.v. unpacked the last bit of stuff and finally set off for Epcot in the car.

We were looking forward to today as it was the last official day of the Flower and Garden Festival which we had never been to before. We waited about 30 mins at the turnstiles before we were let in.

Kerrie loved the Daisy topiary as she is her favorite character

We rode a few Future World attractions including Soarin, Test Track and Mission space (although Kerrie sat Mission Space out) and then made our way to World Showcase.

Now time for our first ADR at Les Chefs de France, we had a nice table next to the window and enjoyed the view outside while we ate.
    I had Escargot for an appetizer:

Followed by a toasted cheese and ham sandwich, which was nice but a little greasy:

Kerrie just had a burger, which she said was o.k.

We'd hoped to see Chef Remy but unfortunately it was his day off.

The next couple of hours was spent looking at the amazing topiary's around World Showcase (and meeting the odd character)

Alice was very funny dragging her 'handler' friend all over the U.K.

After going round World Showcase we took a trip to Downtown Disney to try and pick something up for a friend which unfortunately was out of stock, it turned out not to be a quick trip though as the air con stopped working on the car and the engine temp gauge was showing as overheating. I took it to a Dollar rental location I noticed near Vineland av where the lady said she would get a technician to take a look but I knew that wasn't going to go well when he checked the screen wash bottle for water instead of the engine coolant lol, funnily enough he couldn't fix it. They only had compact cars on site so I ended up taking a compact and driving back to MCO to exchange it for an SUV, although they let me off with the fuel oooooohh thanks lol.

A couple of hours wasted we dropped the new car off at Sports and took the bus back to Epcot for our Rose & Crown ADR and Illuminations.

We both had a Scotch Egg to start with, very nice:

I had steak & fish, the fish was nice the steak a little dry:

Kerrie had bangers & mash:

Like with most meals this trip we couldn't manage dessert, we strolled round World Showcase and watched Illuminations from Italy with some Birra Moretti and then had a very slow walk back to the bus stop to let the crowds thin a bit.
    Back at Sports we had a drink, watched a bit of t.v. and went to bed around midnight, loved seeing Flower & Garden for the first time and looking forward to it again next year.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: WDW & DCL May 2011 day 3

Thanks for sharing the photos and story. Unfortunate on your rental car experience.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Great photos! Sorry about the car issues, I'm glad we use Disney transport to get around.

Seeing the pic of Alice reminded me of the very 'proper' and English conversation I had with her in December, thanks for the memory flashback
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Ok this particular day made me hungry! Keep 'em coming!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe