Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW & DCL May 2011 day 4 in the Vacation Planning forums; Monday May 16th 2011 We were up early again so were at the Studios in plenty of time for opening, after watching the streetmosphere characters open the park we headed ...
    TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

WDW & DCL May 2011 day 4

Monday May 16th 2011

We were up early again so were at the Studios in plenty of time for opening, after watching the streetmosphere characters open the park we headed to Toy Story Mania (Kerrie's favourite attraction) and joined the stand-by line (as the fastpass line was upto the Little Mermaid lol) The stand-by line stated a time of 30 mins but for some reason when we got to the first cast member just before the stairs he asked if we were a party of 2, we said yes and he said go through this gate, which basically took us to the front of the line (result lol) so we were on in less than 15mins, and I won (as usual)

After riding we got a fastpass as the line had now disappeared and then went for a walk around the streets of America,

This was followed by a Latte and a legendary Carrot cake cookie (for me) and an apple cinnamon for Kerrie,

Next I went on Rock 'n' Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror while Kerrie waited for me (how nice am I letting her have a rest and a sit down) Great Movie ride next and for the first time ever saw the Cowboy version.
    We then used our Toy Story Mania fastpasses and were riding within minutes this time as not only did we miss the main line with our fastpass but then got sent through the 'special' gate again lol, could get used to this.

We watched Beauty and the Beast and then Lights Motors Action,

I then got to ride Star Tours 2.0 which had about a 30 min wait, loved the queue (especially the robots) and the ride was great, I can't wait to see the different versions over coming trips.
    By the time I got off the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade was due to start in a few minutes, I found Kerrie who had found a spot on a bench and was talking to a really nice man in his 90s who loved Disney, had lost his wife a few years ago and had moved to Orlando a few years ago.
    I have quite a lot of negative reports about this new parade, people saying it was cheap etc, worse than Block Party Bash (which we really didn't like) as it was we really liked it, it moves along nicely to music and has characters

After the parade we took a slow walk out of the park and back to the car and headed over to the Magic Kingdom. We took the ferry across the Seven Seas Lagoon, I took a few pics of Bay Lake Tower 'our home' where we would be moving to next week,

Tronorail:

We had a dinner ADR at the Liberty Tree Tavern so took a slow walk to the restaurant and checked in, we both really enjoyed this (plentiful) meal:

After dinner we went to the Haunted Mansion as we wanted to see the new interactive queue and the hitch-hiking ghosts scene. I noticed the 'hidden' Donald on the chair for the first time and the new hitch-hiking ghosts were fantastic.

We walked round to Frontierland next as we had arranged to meet the lovely missbounce, between chatting, the Electrical parade, the Magic Memories and you and Wishes the next couple of hours flew by, the only slight spoiler was the little girl who had a total meltdown and 'wanted to go home' and literally screamed that all the way through Wishes, only problem was Mummy had paid to see this and wasn't going anywhere lol. It was great meeting Cara and we seemed to be saying good-bye far to soon.

Magic Kingdom was open for another hour or so, so we rode a few more attractions including Big Thunder in the dark which is always fun and made it back to Sports around midnight.
    Last edited by TheLionKing; 06-08-2011 at 11:13 AM.

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: WDW & DCL May 2011 day 4

Quote Originally Posted by TheLionKing View Post
    the only slight spoiler was the little girl who had a total meltdown and 'wanted to go home' and literally screamed that all the way through Wishes, only problem was Mummy and paid to see this and wasn't going anywhere lol
    Oh, don't remind me Tim! I still had that girls screams ringing in my ears for about an hour after Wishes finished! I personally think her mum should have been a bit more considerate to those of us stuck next to her and moved/taken her home. I felt really sorry for the couple of families who were trying to film the fireworks on their camcorders and will likely not be able to hear ANY of the beautiful soundtrack when they play it back at home.
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Oh, don't remind me Tim! I still had that girls screams ringing in my ears for about an hour after Wishes finished! I personally think her mum should have been a bit more considerate to those of us stuck next to her and moved/taken her home. I felt really sorry for the couple of families who were trying to film the fireworks on their camcorders and will likely not be able to hear ANY of the beautiful soundtrack when they play it back at home.
    It's a shame that some people see Disney World in dollars and cents (or should I say pounds and quids?). It's always nice to see someone put their finances in front of their child's personal, and mental, well-being.

Otherwise, it looked like a fun trip. I enjoyed reading about it. With the pictures, it was like I was there.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Even with the screaming, looks like a fun trip.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

(as the fastpass line was upto the Little Mermaid lol)
    We have yet to manage to get FPs for TSM... I am both frustrated and thrilled that the attraction still is doing so well!

After riding we got a fastpass as the line had now disappeared and then went for a walk around the streets of America
    Is it my eyes or is the end scene different?

This was followed by a Latte and a legendary Carrot cake cookie
    How is it in so many years of going I've never seen/heard of these but in the past week I've seen 3 pictures of them? Where do you get them?

I then got to ride Star Tours 2.0 which had about a 30 min wait, loved the queue (especially the robots) and the ride was great, I can't wait to see the different versions over coming trips.
    Definitely such a neat feature (the changing of the "show").

Yet again made me hungry with this one!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe