Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW & DCL May 2011 day 7 (The Disney Dream D2) in the Vacation Planning forums; Friday May 20th 2011 We were up around 8.30am (not bad since I only went to bed a few hours ago), we went up to Cabana's and had a small ...
    TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

WDW & DCL May 2011 day 7 (The Disney Dream D2)

Friday May 20th 2011

We were up around 8.30am (not bad since I only went to bed a few hours ago), we went up to Cabana's and had a small breakfast, loads to choose from though.
    After food we went to the adult pool for a bit, it wasn't too busy as I think a lot of people had got off as we were at Nassau.

Nassau from the ship:

Atlantis resort:

I only spent an hour or so with Kerrie then left her by the pool as I was going to do the Art of the theme ship tour. There were only another 8 people that met in Meridian bar and Pierre-Luc showed us round the ship pointing out details and interesting facts, if your not sure if you are facing forward or aft, look at the carpet, the tip of the star points forward.

Loads of pics I took while walking round:

Palo on the Dream, the tables are a lot less cramped and the room also seems better thought out than on the Magic and Wonder, also guests on deck can't walk by peering in lol, there's no open kitchen though:

Remy:

There are loads of small discreet details of Remy in the dining room, on the chairs, walls, lights:

Remy private dining room:

Pink Champagne bar, (sometimes if you look through a camera you can see bubbles rising in the room that aren't visible to the naked eye)

Skyline lounge, brilliant the way the scenery changes, you can also see cars etc driving down the street, when it's daytime you get day view and night views at night-time:

Evolution nightclub:

The District:

We also got to have a look around the kids clubs, we could take pics if we wanted as long as we didn't get children in them, I didn't even try lol.

The atrium:

Admiral Donald:

Art:

Few other pics:

TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW & DCL May 2011 day 7 (The Disney Dream D2)

After the tour I gave Kerrie a quick call on the wave phone to see where she was (still by the pool) so we met up and went to Cabana's for lunch, again a fantastic selection.
    Then we spent a bit more time on deck:

After a while I went to Evolution to watch the presentation on the making of the Disney Dream which was good, then afterwards met Kerrie so we could go and have a quick look around the Port at Nassau. It was quick too lol, there's not much there that interests us and the main reason for getting off was to take a few of photos of the ship:

View straight up with the Aquaduck coming out over the edge of the ship:

Back on-board we got changed into our Pirate t-shirts for dinner which tonight was in Enchanted Garden, after another great meal we went to the show which tonight was Villains Tonight:

Great show and now time to head up on deck for Pirate night:

Buccaneer Blast:

The fireworks were really good but I think overall I prefer the Pirates in the Caribbean deck party on the Magic & Wonder.
    After the fireworks we went to the buffet which is in Cabana's rather than on deck, we only managed a couple of things:

We did go to Evolution to see the adult comedy by John Casey but to be honest we don't find juggling particularly hilarious so left after about 10 mins and went and rode the Aquaduck since there was no wait as it was gone 11pm, we rode twice in a row with no wait, it was brilliant fun although slightly chilly at this time of night lol.
    We got to bed sometime after midnight after another great day.