Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW & DCL May 2011 Day 11 (tour with Lou) in the Vacation Planning forums; Monday May 23rd 2011 We'd been looking forward to today, we were up just before 8am as we were meeting Lou at 9.30am for a 6 hour tour of the ...
    TheLionKing is offline C-Ticket Holder

WDW & DCL May 2011 Day 11 (tour with Lou)

Monday May 23rd 2011

We'd been looking forward to today, we were up just before 8am as we were meeting Lou at 9.30am for a 6 hour tour of the Magic Kingdom, just the 3 of us

We took the bus and met Lou just after the turnstiles, it was the first time we had met in person but we all got on like we had known each other for years, he has got to be one of the most genuinely nice people I have ever met.
    I'm not really sure what to type about today as obviously I don't want to spoil anything for anyone but I cannot recommend enough booking a tour with Lou.
    Now I've read everything I can get my hands on about the Magic Kingdom, I've done Keys to the Kingdom twice and Backstage Magic so I know a bit about the park but Lou's knowledge really blows you away, how on earth he remembers everything that he does baffles me, now obviously you don't go backstage with Lou but you do visit every land of the Magic Kingdom, something that no other tours do.
    The only thing we rode all day was the Peoplemover and we had lunch at Cosmic rays which gave us a nice chance just to chat.
    6 hours passed in no time at all, we could easily have done twice as long so far to soon we seemed to be saying good-bye but the day had been AMAZING if you are thinking of booking a tour of the Magic Kingdom then I cannot recommend Lou's tours highly enough he really is a master of Disney knowledge, you can book tours here: Private Tours of Walt Disney World | Lou Mongello I can't wait until he expands the tours to the other parks, we will definitely be booking.
    We are on the Disney Dream in Nov 2012 with Lou, hopefully we can meet again before
    I hardly took any photos all day as we were having such a good time walking and talking.

After saying good-bye we got the bus back to Kidani to get changed to go to Epcot for our ADR at Via Napoli

We saw the Owners Locker purple van:

We took the bus to Epcot and checked in at Via Napoli, we shared a create your own pizza:

MMMMM Moretti:

Shared apple cake for dessert:

Pizza ovens:

This meal was BRILLIANT, the pizza was probably the best I've had, we are definitely coming back here in Nov it has just been promoted to one of my favourite restaurants lol

We had a walk round World Showcase after dinner:

After Illuminations we got the bus back to Kidani, Kerrie had to do this every time we passed the shop lol:

Lobby:

Shield decoration on the room doors:

And finally bed after a fantastic day, tomorrow Wild Africa Trek.

puggymom is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: WDW & DCL May 2011 Day 11 (tour with Lou)

Just read your whole report. What a great trip so far!

I'm going on my first Disney cruise in August with my niece (on the Dream). Can't wait to try the Aquaduck.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I'd been waiting for this day's report

Glad you had an awesome time hanging out with Lou and enjoying his tour....can't believe I have to wait until next October for ours but at least it's already in his diary

That pizza looks great and it's definately been added to our 'eats' list
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Are they booked out that far in advance?
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Evilduckqueen View Post
    Are they booked out that far in advance?

I don't think so but as I only get to WDW every 2 years from the UK I needed to make sure Lou wasn't already booked out that far in advance!!!!

missbounce is offline Fastpass Holder

Matt and I are also booked for our tour with Lou in October... what date are you doing yours pinkemma?
    Cara
    @MissBounceUK

*** PROUD CHARTER-DAY GOLD MEMBER OF D23! ***
    ***DISNEYLAND ANNUAL PASSHOLDER***

MY DISNEY TRIPS:
    October 2012 - Walt Disney World (Coronado Springs) Halloween, Food and Wine, Christmas Season ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2012 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: 75 Years of Disney Animation ***UPCOMING TRIP***
    August 2011 - Disneyland California (Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Expo
    May 2011 - Walt Disney World (All Star Sports) D23 Destination D: Walt Disney World 40th Anniversary
    November 2010 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Bonfire Night Celebrations and Halloween Season
    September 2010 - Disneyland California (Disneyland Hotel and Quality Inn and Suites) D23 Destination D: Disneyland 55th Anniversary
    February 2010 - Walt Disney World (All Star Music and Polynesian Resort)
    May 2009 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Mickey's Magical Party
    October 2008 - Walt Disney World (All Star Movies, Coronado Springs, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge) Halloween and Food and Wine
    January 2008 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Cheyenne) Christmas Season
    June 2007 - Disneyland Paris (Newport Bay Club) Disneyland Paris 15th Anniversary Celebrations
    January 2006 - Disneyland Paris (Hotel Santa Fe) Christmas Season
    September 2004 - Walt Disney World (Pop Century) Honeymoon

Quote Originally Posted by missbounce View Post
    Matt and I are also booked for our tour with Lou in October... what date are you doing yours pinkemma?
    One day between 13th and 20th October, we've left it open at the moment but will need to firm up a date before our ADR window opens and I start finalising the spreadsheet!!!

When will you be at WDW, would be great to meet up if we're still there? I must update my countdown thingy with the correct dates now it's booked

Sorry for highjacking your thread Tim