Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mckayla's 2011 Super Awesome Trip! in the Vacation Planning forums; June 16th My day started at 12 am when I realized I was going to leave for Universal and Disney in just 5 hours. so for the next 5 hours ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Mckayla's 2011 Super Awesome Trip!

June 16th
    My day started at 12 am when I realized I was going to leave for Universal and Disney in just 5 hours. so for the next 5 hours I layed in my bed texting some friends, talking to my cat and reading picture books ( Its hard to find stuff to do when you mom and dad make you go to room at 11 so that you could sleep. I mean come on who is going to sleep when you know you are going to Disney.)

I got out of my bed and ran downstairs at 4:30 am yelling I AM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD for about 10 minutes and dancing ( I still have not slept). An hour later we hit the road for our 19 hour drive to Florida and some sleep for me. After a couple of stops at McDonalds,Sonic, Ruby Tuesdays, we decided to call it a night and stop in Brunswick Georgia for the night.

^My babies are ready to go (Yes, I am a 16 year old who still sleeps with a stuff panda and a pillow pet)
    June 17th
    After getting some what sleep( I always find it hard to sleep in a hotel the first night on the road), we got up, had breakfast and was off to Gainesville Florida to stop for lunch at one of my brothers favorite restaurants and to be shown the town that he goes to for a weekend every October for some punk fest thing. So after a very yummy meal at Boca Fiesta and touring the campus of UoF and the cute little town, we were off to our next destination Universal (the other park). Once we got there we went straight to our hotel, The Hard Rock. (The only reason we were staying on Universal property is because we got into The Wizarding World of Harry Potter an hour before park opening and we go the front of the line pass. The Hard Rock was themed like any other Hard Rock hotel.) Our room was on the 6th floor over looking on of the gardens. The room was really boring, all white walls and had 4 pictures of people I did not know. After we checked in and waited for a storm to pass we went to hang out at city walk and to eat dinner at Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville, Our favorite place at City Walk. My mom and I got a Cheeseburger in Paradise and I don't remember what my brother and my dad got. After dinner we went back to our room and slept for our early wake up time.

^Boca Fiesta. Its a small mexican place. Opened by one of the x-drummers of my brothers favorite band.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Mckayla's 2011 Super Awesome Trip!

Looking forward to reading this, pal! Why can't I ever seem to have the patience or frame of mind to write up my own trip reports? I still have a whopper of a report from my Paris trip late last year that I never bothered to write.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

June 18th
    We got open bright and early to be at Island of Adventure at 7am to get into WWoHP before the locals. Once we got to WWoHP, I was in heaven (I am a huge huge Harry Potter fan.). The theming was amazing and was just like you were there. We rode Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey first. The queue was amazing. The ride was cool to. After Forbidden Journey we rode Dragon Challegn which was fun but short and so was Flight of the Hippogriff. After we finished with WWoHP we walked around, the theming there was so good. My brother,dad and I rode the tower drop ride... it was ok, I like ToT a lot better... it shot you up then you dropped slowly. After that went on the Spiderman ride...it was lame. After my brother and dad rode the hulk and we had a Cinnamon rolls. We went to Suess landing after and had a lot of fun. Its is geared to little kids but I love Dr.Suess. I rode the One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish with my dad and the train thing. Once we got off we saw the Cat in the Hat and The Grinch. One thing I loved about Universal is the characters had like no lines at all. After seeing the characters we rode the cat in the hat ride and had lunch at the Confiseo Grill and went on all the water rides. IoA had great themeing but there was like no rides. We were done by 2 but we did the water rides, we never do those. If we didnt we were down by noon. We went back to the hotel to nap. We went to dinner at Pastamore. It was good. The only bad thing is we think my brother got food poisoning from his pasta. Before it really hit him we went over to the Universal park and rode the Simpson ride, it was so fun. I was freaking out before I got on and in the end I am so glad I rode it.( I dont do good on motion simulators and I am claustrophobic so it was not going well when I first sat down but I had my daddy next to me so it was all good.) After the Simpson ride we rode the Men in Black ride. It was ok. My brother then went to the room while my daddy, my mom and I walked around, again the theming was amazing. We did Twister which was so cool and went back to the room and slept.

^ I wish it was more like the store in the show.

^ My mom and I with the conductor of the Magical Express!
    ^Hogsmeade
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Love the trip report so far McKayla! Can't wait to read the rest. Don't worry, I'm nearly 27 and I still sleep with a toy Panda...
    Last edited by Evilduckqueen; 06-27-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

loving it so far.. harry potter world is totally awesome..love the place!
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Great report so far, looking forward to reading more.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Gimme gimme (more) gimme gimme (more)!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thanks guys!

June 19th
    Once waking up and packing up the room for our move to Disney World. My mom, dad and I went to the breakfast buffet they had at the Hard Rock (my brother Bryant, still did not feel 100%). After breakfast we stopped back to see if he felt a little better to go to Universal Studios to ride the little few rides we had left. He didn't so the rest of us was off to Universal Studios. Upon walking in I saw Scooby Doo with Shaggy with like no line and the Simpsons after spending some with the characters my daddy decided to do the Jimmy Newton ride (my mom and I went to the Betty Bop and Lucy store/area thing.). Once my dad got off I got my picture with Spongebob and then we were off to see the sherk show. It was so cute and fun. After we walked back to ride the E.T. ride. I loved it, It was so so cute and then we rode the Woody Woodpecker Nut Factory ride, fun but it is a kid ride. Once we got down with walking around we left to go check out of our room and make the trip to Walt Disney World! Once we got to Old Key West we put our stuff in our room and then we went to Downtown Disney for Earl of Sandwich and to go to the big Disney store to get my dooney and burke purse! Once we got down with all this hoopla we went back to Universal with Bryant who was finally feeling better to ride Disaster and and some other rides.

^Sherk,Fionna and I.

^Me,the Grinch and my daddy

^My daddy and I on One Fish,Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish

^We got a bit wet.
    Mckayla

Great pics! Is it just me or are Universal's character costumes a little sad? LOL! Maybe I'm just biased. Great job so far hun! Keep 'em coming!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

June 20th
    Our first day at Disney! We got up early to go Studios. We did the normal hoopla, run to Toy Story Mania,rode it then went to Star Tours ( my dad and brother rode it while me and my mom went up to the font to guest relations to find some stuff about our dinning plan credits, we had two sets of room keys because we had a studio for a night and then switched to a two bedroom and we were confused about our credits) Once they got off we had a snack at Starring Rolls... my mom and brother got a Chocolate Croissant, my dad got a Napoleon and I got a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake. It was all so good. After eating we rode Tower of Terror and Rock-n-Rollercoaster and then we made our way to the back of the park to walk around and watch Muppets 3*D and have lunch at the ABC Commissary. Once we were done we left to watch Phineas and Ferb (me and Bryant, who is 20, is obsessed with that show).

Around 5 we left for our ADR at Le Cellier. It was soo good. Our waitress was named Ashley and she was from Winnipeg, she was so nice and so fun. For dinner my mom and dad got the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon and Bryant and I got the Canadian "Prime" New York Strip. My dad got a bowl of the Cheddar Cheese soup ( I did not like) and Bryant got Poutine Fries. For dessert my daddy got the creme brulee and the rest of us got the trio of chocolate...so good (coming from a girl who is mildly allergic to chocolate). Once dinner was over we walked around World Showcase and watched Illuminations and left.

Cute little old man driving down Sunset Boulevard.

My family with the breads.
    Last edited by wallfan329; 06-27-2011 at 03:14 PM.
    Mckayla

June 21st
    Magic Kingdom today!!! Once the park opened we ran to Space Mountain and rode it then we did buzz, saw Stitch and had breakfast at the Main Street Bakery. It was good and the size of Cinnamon Rolls and cakes are huge. After we went on Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion and had lunch at Peco Bills. All of us got the a hamburger. While my brother and dad got stuff for there burgers my dad saw Lou...when dad came back he was like Mckayla I dont want you to freak out but your idol is here...so me and my mom went to find him...sadly we did not find him. After lunch it was back to our room for some more Phineas and Ferb!

Later in the evening we went back to Magic Kingdom to have dinner at Cosmic Rays, ride the PeopleMover and Hall of Presidents and to see Wishes.

^ Its Love

Mckayla

Great shot of the castle from the Peoplemover! I have tried to get that more times than I can count and always get that darn beam in the shot!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    Great shot of the castle from the Peoplemover! I have tried to get that more times than I can count and always get that darn beam in the shot!
    Thanks! I usually get the beam in the shot. I was so happy that I did not get it in this one!
    Mckayla

June 22nd
    Animal Kingdom! We got to the park just after opening to ride Everest and the Safari. After we got done with those main rides we ate at Kusafiri Coffee Shop and Bakery. I got the Zebra Cupcake, really good. My dad got the same thing and my mom and brother a Danish. After breakfast we walked over to Dinoland and my brother and dad rode Dinosaur while me and my mom shopped! Then we rode Everest some more and then we had lunch at the Flame Tree BBQ. That was so good.

Later that day we went to AKL to have dinner at Boma. My family loved it but I did not really care for it. I did not like any of the meats (the seasonings was gross ). I pretty much ate the desserts. The Zebra Dom things were really good. After dinner we went to Downtown Disney which was packed. We did some shopping and had a snack at BabyCakes NYC. My dad got a chocolate chip cupcake and it was really good. I got the Red Velvet and it was ok. It was kind of dry.

Mckayla

June 23rd
    THE BEST DAY OF MY TRIP!
    We were at Epcot the whole day spending most of the time at the Land. We got there bright and early and we were first in line at our turnstile thingy. Once the park opened I was the first real person in it!! Then we went to the opening and went straight to The Land. We rode Soarin' and got a fastpast then we rode Living with the Land and signed up for our Behind the Seeds tour at 2:15. Once then we went over to Mission Space and went to the HP lounge ( my daddy company works with HP on some stuff). My mom and I hung out in there while my brother and dad rode it. After we got a fastpass for Test Track and went to the World Showcase to ride the Mexico ride and the Norway ride and went to lunch at Via Napoli.
    Oh my gosh. That place is my new favorite place on earth. The food was amazing. We got the Calamari Fritti (ew) for an appetizer. For the main dish Bryant and I got the Individual Pepperoni (we could probably could have gotten one), My dad got the Individual Funghi and my mom got the Individual Ortolano. They were all so good. For dessert I got the Coppa di Brutti Ma Buoni ( Yes it is still on the menu ), my brother got the Gelato, my dad got the Zeppole di Ricotta and my mother got the Tiramisu. On top of great food there was this amazingly cute bus boy assigned to our area... I have never drank so much sprite in my life.

After lunch we ran over to the land to take our tour. We were the only people in our group and it was so cool (the tour guide was cute too.). We learned alot. I will totally recommended this tour to anyone. After the tour we relaxed in the land for the bit then watched to Canada Movie and American Adventure. After we went to dinner at the Lotus Blossom Cafe which was gross. My mom, dad and I got the Orange chicken...so gross and my brother got the Sesame Chicken Salad and for dessert we all got the Apple Egg roles...It was ok. We went back to our room to sleep for another day at Epcot.

^ This really cool planet... Before it was touched/moved.

^ After the planet was moved. Us northerns found it really cool because it is not something that we see up here, but I guess it lives in the south.

^Banana Flower

^Via Napoli ovens

^Via Napoli

^ The cute bus boy...It was taken off my daddy Iphone so that is why it is blurry.
    Last edited by wallfan329; 06-27-2011 at 04:27 PM.
    Mckayla

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast