Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Disney College Program Spring '11 Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by HauntedGabe Wow! How pretty that place is. Neuqua! Were you a valley girl??? No, one of my best friends actually picked that hoodie up from a thrift ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: Disney College Program Spring '11 Trip Report

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Wow! How pretty that place is. Neuqua! Were you a valley girl???
    No, one of my best friends actually picked that hoodie up from a thrift store when we were in high school. When I started dating Nate, she gave it to me because the name on the back of it happens to be the same as his. She said when she would wear it to school, people assumed it was his hoodie she was wearing and thought that she was the one dating him, lol.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Good story! Spent way too much time in that pool grand stands and the HS's in that general area for Club and HS Swim meets over the last decade.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

ooops wrong thread
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Day 3 with Keri and Lisa was our Epcot day. We got up and hopped on the bus and were there pretty early. It was a bright and sunny day, a nice change from our rainy day at the Studios and our chilly day in St. Augustine.

Here we are on the bus...some CMs at CS gave us pirate hats to wear.

Once in the park, I ran and grabbed us some FPs for Soarin' then we got in line for Test Track. I introduced them to my ODF buddies we passed along the way. We had a fun ride on Test Track (I always enjoy a ride on Test Track), and I pointed out a few hidden Mickeys and other fun facts to them while we were on line.

After that we did Mission Space (orange version). When Gary Sinese appeared in the preflight video Lisa shouted out "Lieutenant Dan!!!" in pure excitement without realizing what she was doing, lol. Keri buried her face embarrassed by her...but the rest of the room burst out laughing. I'm sure that's what I'm going to think of everytime I see that video now. We made it off the ride just in time because Keri was beginning to get a bit nautious, but she ended up being fine.

We then headed toward Future World West where we first visited the Seas. We did the Nemo dark ride- even though it's definitely geared for smaller children, who doesn't love to visit Nemo? I like the part where we get to ride the EAC

Us in our clam mobile

Then we went and explored the aquarium..I think it's so relaxing to watch all the fish. We also visited a hungry Bruce.

We used our Soarin' FPs next, of course Keri and Lisa were wowed by the ride, as everyone is. Then we did Living with the Land, which I never get tired of. There are also some fun Hidden Mickeys to look for in there.

We decided to do Spaceship Earth next, even though it had a fairly long wait. It didn't pass by too slowly though.

We were all getting hungry afterwards, so we headed for the World Showcase for lunch. We ended up spending the rest of the day in WS, we were just really enjoying ourselves in there. We skipped Mexico and Norway and headed to China since we knew that's where we wanted to eat. We ended up going back to those two at the end of the night once we had done everything else.

Here we are in China.

We ate at the Lotus Blossom Cafe where Keri and I split the orange chicken because the portions are totally huge. I'd had it a few times before so I knew it would be yummy, and Keri thought the same.

Here's our oh-so-attractive picture with our clean plate after lunch.

We skipped the outpost...I would really like to see something more useful be done with that area. Even if you do stop to check it out, it doesn't take more that 5 minutes...basically kind of pointless.

Next was Germany where we met Snow White. We did lots of face character meet and greets throughout the trip, and I have to say we had a great time at every one of them. The characters really talked to us a lot. Snow White asked us if we had Prince Charmings back home, when Lisa told her no, Snow said she'd better start wishing on her wishing well. She was super sweet.

Italy was next...we took the time to check out all the shops in all the countries,so we spent a good amount of time in each of them.

I think we forgot a picture in America...so next up is Japan, which earned the new position of my favorite pavilion while I was on my CP. I think it's beautiful, and Nate and I both really like checking out Mitsukoshi...always fun things for sale in there. The two of us spent a lot of time there, and also discovered that the balcony outside Teppan Edo is a great place to watch Illuminations. Anyway...Keri, Lisa, and I decided to do a sake tasting while we were there. We also all got our own sake cup with our name written in Japanese on it...a fun little souvenir for only $1. You're not gonna find anything cheaper than that while in WDW!

[IMGhttps://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/229373_10150171589495983_659155982_7312821_877908_ n.jpg][/IMG]

Next up- Morocco. We were excited for Morocco because we wanted to meet Aladdin and Jasmine, who both ended up being super fun. Aladdin invited me to Agrabah to come carpet race him sometime and Jasmine told Lisa she was welcome to come shopping in the market with her anytime, so that she could get some cool gold shoes, too.

Can you tell we totally excited about meeting them?!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234