Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaime's Sparkly Road Trip! in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by mainegal Indeed! Jaime is taking trips faster than she can report them. Shame! Is this Jaime's first AP? Doesn't seem she can manage an AP and her ...
    OKW Lover is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Jaime's Sparkly Road Trip!

Quote Originally Posted by mainegal View Post
    Indeed! Jaime is taking trips faster than she can report them. Shame! Is this Jaime's first AP? Doesn't seem she can manage an AP and her trip reporting responsibilities.
    Tis a heavy burden

tiggerbell is offline E-Ticket Holder

TRIP CHAPTER 4:

First thing we see is Kathy, sitting in front of City Hall on her ECV. Deb, Tonya, and Kelly are not far away. Brandie and I beg for food. No one has a preference, so I request Columbia Harbour House. Okay, request might not be the exact word, demand might, but who’s splitting hairs here?

So, Brandie and I are hot, hungry, and tired – but not a complaint to be heard – Happy Place!!!

The menu has changed – the salmon and lobster rolls are new.

As we walk in, I’m giggling over the East Coasters (Deb and Kathy) talking trash about the lobster roll. They catch me and I tell them I’m the same way about pizza. I’m such a snob – come over – we’ll order from Falco’s, beer batter crust, you’ll see…

I decide to give the salmon a go – it wasn’t bad… I’d do it again.

We decide the first order of business has to be riding the Haunted Mansion – the new interactive queue has not been experienced by most of the group yet. Since Kathy is on the ECV for the broken foot, we are looking for the handicap accessible sign – it used to be out front of the mansion, now they have you go through the regular line and you’re pulled aside once you are at the front door. In the Portrait of Dorian Gray room, you are held at the back of the room. Then you are let into the stretching room with everyone else, buy instructed to wait for the room to clear before you leave it. You are handed off again and led through an exit door, where they take you to the end of the ride. You get on the doom buggy on the conveyer belt that you get off the ride onto.

After the ride, we stop outside at the Pet Cemetery. There’s a bust of Mr. Toad in there and this is where we set up a Gowalla check in for ToaD’s Spot. It belongs to Travel on a Dream, our favorite travel agent!

To whom this headstone could belong, if her name was Ken…

We head over to Fantasyland – we rode Peter Pan (the ECV allowed access through the Fast Pass line) and then over to Dumbo to look over the wall, again.

They’ve gotten quite a bit done since May!

We ride Carousel of Progress with the purpose of taking a nap right before 2pm, but the talking women and crying child in the room blow that out of the water. We got Fast Passes for Space Mountain and rode the People Mover. Hall of Presidents is another great spot for a nap – except I really like the new version and stay awake. I should be exhausted, but I’m actually feeling just fine. I’m having a little trouble speaking, but my math skills are still pretty fast (I don’t know why I remember this, but I know I was amazed by how fast I added something…)

Around 3:15, the group wants to go and see Country Bear Jamboree. I so do not. However, I have a friend who asked me to look for some pins, and since there’s a pin store right outside Country Bear, I beg off… I have to find a way to thank my friend for the assist! Besides sending the pins, that is.

We head into Adventureland next and back into my childhood with the New Old Tiki Room.

Over to Pirates of the Caribbean (it’s 4:30, if you care), next time through – check out the boot cuffs on the auctioneer – they’re like elephant feet!!!

About 5pm, we head to Pecos Bill’s for dinner – most of us get burgers. No food pictures, but a couple of lights and a couple of memories: Tonya charging her phone at an outlet on the outside wall and using the self serve kiosks to place our orders – need to be on the dining plan or use a credit card to pay.

I want to say we went over to Big Thunder Mountain next…and by 6:30, I had to ask what day it was. I simply could not remember. It felt like we had been there for days – it was a good feeling.

debrights is offline A-Ticket holder

Thanks Jamie, hope to see more in 2012!!!

jeanigor is offline D-Ticket Holder

Does this mean you are back in the writing biz?
    I'm fairly certain that given a tiara and a nice cape, I could save the world--one sequin at a time.

2011 Donald ½ Marathon 2:59:00. 2011 Princess ½ Marathon
    3:12:40.
    2011 Disneyland ½ Marathon 3:13:52. 2011 Wine & Dine ½ Marathon --3:06:56.
    2012 Donald ½ Marathon --. 2012 Tinkerbell ½ Marathon --.

Grand Camping Adventure Information

OKW Lover is offline B-Ticket Holder

crickets

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123