Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jaime's Sparkly Road Trip! in the Vacation Planning forums; PRE-TRIP CHAPTER 1: 07/29/11: A few weeks ago, I was complaining that I don’t have enough friends who aren’t attached – friends who can take off like Todd, Jen, and ...
    tiggerbell is offline E-Ticket Holder

Jaime's Sparkly Road Trip!

PRE-TRIP CHAPTER 1:

07/29/11: A few weeks ago, I

was complaining that I don’t have enough friends who aren’t attached – friends who can take off like Todd, Jen, and I did for Memorial Day – but more often. The drag of family…

Brandie popped in with “Um, hello?????”

and we recruited Dodie

who is married, but has his blessing: in fact, Phillip’s words to her were something along the lines of “Go. You’ll regret it at your age, but have fun.” All the 3 of us heard was “Go.”

So the plan is very similar (okay, exact) to the Memorial Day trip: I drive to Indianapolis to pick them up; we drive through the night; arrive in Disney mid-morning (not 2:15, since we’re taking a more direct route); staying at a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo (check that off my list); probably MK Saturday and EPCOT Sunday (but who knows?); and Via Napoli Sunday (tell me again – do they serve food?)

A few days later, I get a text from Dodie – we have some surprise guests (everyone wants to be in one of my trip reports! Lol!) Flying down Thursday and staying until Tuesday are:

TONYA

KELLY

DEB

KATHY

I’m too excited to sleep!!!!

Last edited by tiggerbell; 09-17-2011 at 12:21 PM.

OKW Lover is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Jaime's Sparkly Road Trip!

Oh Boy! Love following Jaime's trip reports!

Not only that but I'll actually see part of the group toward the end of it.

kab407 is offline B-Ticket Holder

WOOOOHOOOOO
    I made a Jaime Trip Report!!!

I can't wait!!!!
    Kathy

Renysmom is offline Fastpass Holder

I'm in a Jaime's trip report, I'm in a Jaime's trip report, I'm in a Jaime's trip report, I'm in a Jaime's trip report !!!!!!!!!
    Kelly

Dec 2005 - Off Site ~ Dec 2006 - Off site ~ Dec 2007 - CSR ~ March 2008 - SSR ~ Oct 2008 Wonder Cruise and SSR ~ Oct. 2009 - Magic 7 Day Western ~ Dec 2009- SSR ~ July 2010 - Off site ~ Dec 2010 Wonder Cruise and S/D
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Still to Come - Sept./Oct 2011 Dream Cruise and F/W with Friends, Oct 2012 - 7 Day Eastern on the Fantasy

mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

In my wildest dreams, I might get to be in a Jaime Trip Report.

For now, I am thrilled to be able to follow along.

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

This is going to be one raucous group of broads (and I mean that in the nicest way possible!)because you guys look like a good time waiting to happen. Have a fun trip (do I even need to wish that?) By the way, my family stayed at Jambo House during my last trip and all I can say is EXCELLENT! We had a great time there.

mboekhoff is offline A-Ticket holder

subbing
    Missy in MN

Tonya2426 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Woohooo!!! The Sparkly Road Trip has officially begun now that Jaime's Trip Report has begun.

Guess I need to get packing!!!!

DVCsince02 is offline ~~~ Official SES Member ~~~ Enabler!!! ~~~ °O° ~~~ Just sayin'

Aw crud! My SESs are going without me.
    Jen DH DD7 DS5 DS2

1979-FWC ~ 3/89-Offsite ~ 6/99-CBR ~ 11/01-ASMu ~ 5/04-OKW ~ 11/04-BCV ~ 9/05-SSR ~ 5/07-SSR ~ 12/07-SSR ~ 5/08-OKW ~ 5/09-BCV&DCL&BWV ~
    6/09-AKV&DCL&BWV ~ 12/09-SSR ~ 12/10-VWL&DCL&BLT ~ 10/11-BCV (F&W) ~ 8/2012 DCL in NYC ~ 10/2012 DCL Fantasy ~ 2014 DLR-PARIS ~ 2016 Aulani

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Looking forward to reading your trip report! Loved the other ones!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

tlcoke is offline D-Ticket Holder

I tried to get them to pick me up on the way...I guess I'll just have to wait until the Wine & Dine with Friends weekend.
    Tracey

mainegal is offline Fastpass Holder

I don't think a stop in Maine is on the way.

I am going to try to be part of the "cast" of "The Wildest Tent in the Wilderness" event next year.

Rtobe is offline C-Ticket Holder

[QUOTE=tiggerbell;968456]PRE-TRIP CHAPTER 1:

07/29/11: A few weeks ago, I

was complaining that I don’t have enough friends who aren’t attached – friends who can take off like Todd, Jen, and I did for Memorial Day – but more often. The drag of family…

hello - down here... I can travel too.. just a little busy Labor Day this year... something about a new job across the country.

tiggerbell is offline E-Ticket Holder

TRIP CHAPTER 1:

Friday, September 2, 2011

The plan is to leave work at noon today and head for Indianapolis to pick up Dodie and Brandie at a Starbucks along Highway 65. Unfortunately Dodie must drop out today for a family emergency, but encourages Brandie and I to go anyway.

I leave work a little early and make it to Brandie’s house right about 4:00 eastern (3.5 hour drive). Brandie had run to the bank. I sit in front of her house when my phone rings. My 20 year old, Meg, wants to know when I’m leaving.

Um, I’m in Indianapolis! Thanks for noticing.

We load up Brandie’s stuff and head south!

I continue to drive while the sun’s out. Once it gets dark, Brandie begs me to pull over – apparently my “in between the line” ability diminishes as it gets darker… I don’t see it personally. Brandie has loaded her I-Phone with tons of music for the drive. Lots and lots of my new favorite – Katy Perry.

We’re driving through the night in order to reach Disney by Saturday morning. Since it’s just the 2 of us, I will stay up all night with Brandie.

It’s fun – we drive, talk, sing, have a blast! I love my phone!!!

At some point, in the middle of the night, Brandie gets real excited about a gas station called QuikTrip and a stop is called for.

I’ve never been in one of these – I am impressed be the rows of spinning sticks of grease, pretending to be food items: hot dogs, taquitos, potato thingies. I am lured into the QuikTrip mentality and decide a couple of taquitos are a good idea.

I am wrong. Once back in the car, I come to my senses (I still eat them, have you not met me?)

Once it get light outside, we switch back to me driving and finish up – blasting Katy Perry the whole way to Animal Kingdom Villas!

Last edited by tiggerbell; 09-17-2011 at 12:38 PM.

scarlett873 is offline A-Ticket holder

Hey...I know those people! I'm pretty fond of the sunglasses sitting on top of your phone. They happened to belong to a pretty special guy

Quik Trips are all over in Des Moines. Every time I see a QT, I think of Iowa, which then leads me to thinking about Matthew. It's this weird connection to my past. And they happen to have the BEST soda fountain! Used to be one of the few places where you could get either cubed OR crushed ice!

I'm now anxious to see just how much of the weekend that you remember...feel free to ask me if you forget!
    Brandie

In loving memory of the most amazing man to grace my life...Matthew - 1972 - 2010.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast