Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss "It's all so magical Mommy!" August 16-22, 2011 WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; great TR so far!...
    joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Re: "It's all so magical Mommy!" August 16-22, 2011 WDW

great TR so far!
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

yep i like to read all the lil stuff too.. and its even better with lots of pics
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Thanks ladies!! Glad you are enjoying!! I am very detailed!! And lots of pics!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

I just love reading your TR! Greatvstory, can't wait hear the rest!
    "One Mouse, One World"

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    Thanks ladies!! Glad you are enjoying!! I am very detailed!! And lots of pics!!
    HEY!!

It ain't just the ladies who are enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    HEY!!

It ain't just the ladies who are enjoying it!

oops sorry!! i didnt mean to leave you out sweetie!! i know i have male readers too!!

guys and gals...thanks for enjoying!! you guys are such great friends!!

Hey again!! Ready for another chapter?! Here we go!!

So, we had fun at the beach...(pics later, still uploading)

...then drove back to the resort towards the beautiful sunset!

It got dark quickly as we were driving, and I was getting VERY tired, I don't like driving at night a lot of times, especially long distances, but we made it back to the resort safe and sound. We had gotten some Wendy's on the way back, but needed something substantial to eat. So we decided to check out the food court. We headed over (with our refillable mugs) and got some real food. Keep in mind we hadn't had real food since probably the day before!! I don't remember for sure what we had that night, I think it was the Cheesestake and the kids cheese pizza meals. Love the dining plan BTW, we had the general one, with a snack, counter service, and table service per day. It worked out great!! Always enough food for each of us, and sometimes we split a counter meal!

After we ate, we decided to try to find WalMart for a few supplies. I called the front desk but they were not too sure how to explain to get there. So I got the general directions and we set off. I am usually good with finding places with major street names and general directions, but trying to find WalMart was a production! We kept driving and driving down 192 and I thought we would never find it. Finally we stopped at a gas station and asked directions (and got gas for the rental), turns out we were like a block away!! haha So we finally made it to WalMart! Yippie!

We went inside and were looking just for a few things that we hadn't brought with us on the plane...sunscreen (which we ended up never opening of using...bad Jamie!), hair detangler, and shampoo/conditioner. I loved the shampoo that we got every day in our room, but both me and Kay's hair need detangler every day and I need conditioner too! I got the small bottles and we were going to buy some snacks for the room but decided we really didn't need anything since we had our dining plan and enough snacks to cover what we would need. We had to look at the "Disney" section of the store...I should of bought some souviners here for my friends, since it was a lot cheaper than in the parks. Kay HAD to have Dumbo , so we got that.

Checked out and drove back to the resort. By this time it was about 1am...so we were TIRED!! Plus, in the morning we had ADR's at Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom at 9:25am...so we needed to get to sleep!!

On the way back, passed under this:

LOVE that sign!!

Up next....Day 1- Magic Kingdom!!

Day 1 - Magic Kingdom

ADR - 9:25am Crystal Palace

We woke up about 7:00 am (thanks Stitch..."time to wakey wakey, no more sleeping!") and started to get ready for the day. We were all still sleepy, but excited to begin our 1st day in the parks!!

I had put up our window decorations as my mom was finishing getting ready...

Then we were on our way. 1st we had to return our rental car to the Car Care Center near the TTC, so we drove over there and got it returned no problem! The blue Alamo bus dropped us off at the TTC and we hopped the MONORAIL to the Magic Kingdom! I was super excited since this is how I wanted Kay to be welcomed to the MK! I took video of us going up the ramp and inside the Monorail...so not too many pictures, but I managed a few: ((coming soon))

So we arrived at my favorite place in the world!! I had to hold back tears as we walked down the (very crowded at 9am) Monorail ramp towards security!

I was in WDW with my daughter and I had always dreamed of sharing these memories with her!!

We quickly got through security and our tickets had no problems at the turnstyles (finger scan had no issues with us...just keep your finger down for a good few seconds and make sure you use the same one each time, I used my index finger) and soon we were at the entrance!!

We posed for a few pictures and then headed down Main Street!! There were so many people just coming into the park, so it was a little overwhelming. I was trying to get us down MS to CP but I wanted to take a minute and enjoy being in WDW and making sure Kay had a memorable first look at the Castle!! So it was a fun couple of minutes walking down and pointing out the Castle to her and watching part of the MS trolley show at the intersection of Casey's. We checked in the CP and waited, maybe 10 minutes? We were not even 10 minutes late, so I figured it wasn't too bad. It was just so HOT and HUMID already that I was happy when they called us and we got inside. I was kinda bummed because a lot of the other hostess' were calling the families very "properly", "Winnie the Pooh and friends invite the such and such family inside" and our girl just called our last name. Oh well. When we got to the table, we had a great view of the castle, window table, and it was decorated in confetti!! We were celebrating our birthdays that week so I kinda knew to expect something like that at table service meals!! Kay just loved the confetti!! Soon after we were seated our drink orders were taken and just as we were about to get up to get some food (one little girl was STARVING!)...along came a familiar friend...

then another...

Finally we had a chance to grab some food!! The food at CP is sooo good!! I think we each went up twice!! I have to say...if you love pineapples...they are HUGE here and so sweet! I loved my Mickey waffle too!! (pics coming soon, sorry some didnt upload)

More friends came to join us...

And when we were done eating, we each had a special "gift"...

Kay of course had to blow out all of our candles, not just her own!! The cupcakes were soo good, but hard to eat after finishing breakfast!!

Now, we were full, and cooled off, and ready to tackle the park!

Stay tuned for another update and pictures to be added to this chapter!!

DisneyObsessed is offline A-Ticket holder

Brilliant trip report! Keep it coming! I've only got 20 days left until I go and this has me even more excited
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse."

woo hoo !! love the report so far.. i cant believe in a week from now i will be loading my bags to head to the airport for our disney trip
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder

Can't wait to hear more!

After breakfast, we figured we would head into Fantasyland. It was about 11:15am and crowds still were not too bad. So we started walking towards the Castle....

Cinderella Castle!! Beautiful!!

We decided to stop and watch the 11:40am show. It was delayed about 10 minutes, but we were able to snag a spot right in front of the stage!! AWESOME!! This Castle show is REALLY good and I recommend everyone see it!! Dreams are possible!!! I love it!! I cried at the end!!

PIRATES!! ARG!!

LOVE my Castle!!

So, we walked around the side pathway towards Cosmic Rays and past the Tangled meet and greet. The line was super LONG already, so we decided to pass it and try to come back another time!! We passed a souviner cart and Kay HAD to have a princess light up twirly thingy...and so the shopping craze began!! haha I kept telling her, we have 5 more days, you don't need to get everything you see now. But my mom decided to buy it for her, what a nice gramma huh?

So, we figured we would start with the 1st official ride of Fantasyland...TEACUPS
    !!!!

I wanted to get a picture of this sign, I had heard about it and the quote is just wonderful!!

Not bad wait time!!!!

Fantasyland construction is all the way back and around the Teacups!!

Kay on her favorite ride...TEACUPS!! She fell in love with them at DL last year and was soo excited to ride them this trip!! I took some video of us on it along with trying to take a couple pictures...the joys of being a parent trying to preserve memories/record for a trip report! LOL

LOVE this quote!!

Up next...more Fantasyland rides, construction, and a few surprises!!

woo hoo!! love all the pics and i love the wait time
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

delete
    Last edited by eeyore79; 09-09-2011 at 11:12 AM. Reason: delete post

As we walked through Fantasyland towards our next ride (Dumbo or the Carousel?) I took note of the "expansion" walls and signage. I was actually kinda happy to see this in person after seeing it online the past few months...kinda made it feel "real"!!

After a few minutes of admiring all the construction, and trying to explain to Kay and my Mom what was to come...though, they weren't too interested...we decided that DUMBO was too long of a wait (45 minutes!!), so we took a quick picture....]

..and hopped onto the Carousel!!

I did show Kay "Cinderella's Horse" and promised her the next time we rode, she would ride on that one!!

After the ride ended, we decided to visit Mickey's PhilharMagic!! Kay had no idea what to expect, but she liked the glasses!!

After the show, as we got up to leave, someone tapped me on my shoulder and said "I thought it was you guys". It was our friends from the beach the previous day, Jada and her parents and sister and brother!! The girls were soo happy to see each other and we took a picture of them together!

We said goodbye and it had started to rain, and it was way too crowded at the exit/gift shop of Mickey's...so we did what any WDWRadio fan would do...we RAN through the rain over to it's a small world!!!!! Lou would be proud!!!

I rode IASW twice during the trip, today and on our last day. Both times the people behind us in the boat did not understand the very end of the ride, where all the children from all the countries come together to play and sing! They kept asking each other, what country is this? I shook my head and debated about telling them, but for some reason I decided not to. Maybe because I figured they should be able to figure it out, by seeing the kids in all the different costumes still but all singing in English! I should of turned around and told them, but maybe they eventually figured it out. I just thought it was sorta strange, because growing up I figured out what the ending part meant, and even Kay understood when I asked her. She said, "everyone is friends now". Smart kid!!

After IASW, we decided to head over to Frontierland/Liberty Square, and see where we would wander into. Along the way we found these...

Oh, how I wish I had these here at home sometimes!!

We took a look at the sights...

One of these 3 attractions we would eventually do later in the week!!

The CMs were out and "cleaning" up the street from the massive flooding that had occured due to the rainstorm earlier!! This was actually a spectacle to watch, as a rather large crowd gathered!!

We dipped into the pin shop to look around for my avid pin trader, and I saw this awesome sign!!

Very creative!! Whoever thought it up, I hope they got a bonus!! I loved it!!

Decided we had a little while before the 3pm parade, so we decided to check out these guys...

When we came out the parade route was just being finished roped off, so we decided to get a spot up front near the hot dog stand/gift card opposite CBJ, and Kay tried her hand at the lasso!!

She got a honorary SHERIFF's badge from the CM!! Kay was soo excited!

We got some hot dogs/chips/drink using our DDP and got settled in to watch the parade!!

UP NEXT...PARADE!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast