Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss "It's all so magical Mommy!" August 16-22, 2011 WDW in the Vacation Planning forums; Awesome trip report. Love all the pics and details along the way!...
    mouselover4ever is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: "It's all so magical Mommy!" August 16-22, 2011 WDW

Awesome trip report. Love all the pics and details along the way!
    happily afflicted with DOCD (Disney Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

Still lovin' the pics!!!!
    "One Mouse, One World"

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

What time does the 3pm parade start?!

3pm!! Well, 3:15pm - 3:20pm if you are in Frontierland and the parade is coming from Main Street!

This parade is considerably shorter than the parades I remember growing up on...I think I timed it at not even 10 minutes!! I am just so surprised it's gotten so short!!

After the parade we decided to take the "shortcut" through to Adventureland between the CBJ and the pin shop...takes you right through to the Magic Carpets and Tiki Room!!

I was soo happy to share this with Kayla...she had seen the DL version last year on our trip and thought it was pretty cool, so when I told her we would see "almost" the same version, she was pretty excited. However...she fell asleep through the show!!! I was videotaping it and she was leaning into me, and I looked down and saw she fell asleep!! During one of the best attractions!! LOL When it was over I had to try to get her out while half sleeping, then she got mad cause she missed the show!!

It was about time to try to head back to the hotel to rest...as Kay was getting crabby and getting a little wacky!! But I couldn't let us leave out before we had the BEST treat....

UP NEXT...DOLE WHIP and WISHES!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

I don't think I've seen that parade yet. Something 'new' to look forward to when I get there in a few months. Keep up the awesome trip report, Jamie!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

awesome.. i would love to see the parade.. but the hubby will not stop and watch any parade ever... not here, there or anywhere.. he hates parades.. boy wont he be mad when he has to go watch his daughter in the girl scouts float this christmas...lol
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Lovin' this report! Can't wait for the next installment!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

I'm going to try to sum up this first day so we can move on with the week!!

So..we were getting ready to leave the MK for the afternoon to get some rest, but before we left...we had to ride Aladdin's Magic Carpets....

Kay LOVED the ride, especially when the carpet does that "dip"....OMG, that scared me at first, I was like, "whoa"!! LOL She thought it was sooo funny that mommy was scared!! It was so much fun though when we were up high, flying with the wind blowing through my hair and just laughing and enjoying the moment with my daughter having the time of her life!!

After we landed, we started to walk out of Adventureland without Kay noticing these guys, but it didn't work!

It was HOT that day and Kay was happy to cool off. It helped her crabby attitude for a while. Somehow we got detoured back to the gift shop somehow...and Kay found something interesting...

Kay thought she would be able to pick this necklace up off the ground, but I told her it was stuck in the ground as part of decoration. (I remember thinking..."Lou always tells us to look up, down, and around to notice details!") She got mad and started to fuss, and this great CM named Edna came over and told Kay that Princess Jasmine left her a special treasure, and she gave Kay a small pink jewel...

I loved it. It was a great magical moment!! Kay would not let go of her jewel until we got to the bus stop!!

Finally we were able to walk down some more out of Adventureland, but we were on a mission before we left...

We were all soo excited to get this TASTY treat!! It had been over a year since we had one at Disneyland and I know I for one had been waiting very impatiently!!

I got 2 Dole Whip Floats...original...pineapple all the way!!

I can't believe this was the one and only time we enjoyed this the entire trip!

Finally we made it out of Adventureland and down Main Street...stopped for a few pictures...

Finally we walked out the gates and towards the bus stop. If it were up to me, we would of stayed in the park and kept going, but my mom was insisting we get back to the resort for a while for Kay to relax. I had originally planned to take a rest each day in the afternoon, but would come to find out throughout the week that this would not be too feasible, as some of our meals would take 1 hour-1 and half hours and then Kay would be excited to do rides and not want to go back to the resort. Plus you have to factor in the travel time to and from the main gate to the bus stop, then waiting for the bus, then travel time back to the resort...it was easily an 45 minutes to an hour just to get back to the resort today, and most other days.

OK, let's finish up this day and move onto the next and most important day of the trip!

So we hopped on the bus back to All Star Movies....

Walked back through Andy's Room and said "Hello" to our friends!!

Had a birthday surprise in our room of a Photopass discount (we ended up not taking advantage of it since we didn't take too many PhotoPass)

Stopped in the gift shop on our way back to the park a few hours later...Kay loved the Mickey hands!!

Back at MK we took a great pic in the Emporium...

We found our place to watch Wishes right outside Crystal Palace in front of the water! Someone was overtired and she fell ASLEEP during the show!! The best fireworks show that I wanted to watch with her!!

A few nighttime pictures of the Castle!

My mom sat with Kay at the Crystal Palace benches for a while so the crowd would thin out during the next 45 minutes before the park closed. I took a quick walk by myself through Fantasyland and a took a few pictures until the batteries in my camera died! I was trying to get on Peter Pan, but the line was still 40 minutes long..so I decided to head over to Haunted Mansion and check out the new interaxtive queue...I have to say, at 10:45pm at night, going through the queue, is VERY spooky!! Hearing the howling in the background, really no one around, and being in the eerie area of the HM...I was a little creeped out. LOL I didn't spend too much time in the queue, figuring I would be able to check it out later in the week during the day with Kay and my mom...I headed through to the entrance and waited for the doors to open. A small group of about 8 people joined me and in a moment the door opened and the CM let us in. I headed inside and tried to take in everything, and I have to say, with my head swimming with trivia from Lou's podcasts and just trying to enjoy the attraction...I was sort of overwhelmed. I decided just to try to find a few things I had head about and enjoy the ride. I noticed the picture of the fishermen before you head onto the Doom Buggys and smiled knowing the connection to the new interactive queue. I enjoyed the ride through the Mansion and was very surprised at the new room with the Bride...I have not been on since the refub a few years ago...and there was soo much to see I made a mental note to try to ride a few more times to take everything in. I loved the new hitchhiking ghosts at the end (even though I loved dearly the old effects)....my ghost switched my head with his!!

After I excited the Mansion, I headed back towards CP and gathered my Mom and Kayla. That was NOT fun, trying to wake a sleeping child and make them walk down Main Street at 11pm, literally kicking and screaming. I cried while walking down MS, because this is NOT how I wanted to leave the MK on our 1st day there!! I prayed for a better week and less tears!! We made it to the bus, and had to wait for 3 buses to pass until we were able to get on one! Let me tell you, by this time I was just tired, annoyed, and my feet were killing me! I had developed a fallen arch back in January of this year, and even though I had worn my gym shoes with my inserts in them..my feet were soo tired from all the walking and standing and I had no where to sit on the bus, since it was packed! So I hung onto the standing pole and prayed for a quick trip back to ASMov!! Finally 10 long minutes late we were at the bus stop and hightailed it back to the room. All 3 of us fell asleep within 20 minutes of returning to the room!! What a long, but fun, but trying day!! I made sure to set the wake up call for 6:45am, because tomorrow was the highlight day of the trip....Kayla's 5th birthday/My 32nd birthday and dinner with the Princess at Cinderella Castle!!!!

Talking Re: "It's all so magical Mommy!" August 16-22, 2011 WDW

So today is Thursday August 18, 2011...Kayla's 5th birthday and my 32nd birthday!

The whole reason for this trip!! I had planned for this day since February when I decided to plan the trip! I wanted to make it on of the most magical birthdays ever!!

So we woke up and got dressed. I had bought Kay her Belle dress from the Disney Store a few months ago and finally it was THE day to wear it!! She was soo excited, because the day before she had seen soo many little girls with their princess dresses on and couldn't wait to wear hers!!

Before we left, there was a special surprise from Tinkerbell!!

I have a tradition of getting Kayla a Build a Bear for her birthday, and it usually is a cat!! A week before the trip, BAB had a special for $30 for an animal, outfit, and shoes...so we went and made one for Kay. We chose the Cinderella outfit since we would be in Walt Disney World and dining at Cinderella Castle!! I also put a song in it that sang "Happy Birthday" and it sounds kinda like a princess singing, and the words just were so meaningful, its the basic hb song along with a few other words (I'll add in the words in a while here)

As you can see, Kay LOVED it and we took her with all day!!! Now we were ready to head out of the room.

First, we needed to eat breakfast, so we headed to the food court and decided on the platter! Ohh, soo good!!

After we ate, we headed out to the bus stop and a few minutes later we were on the bus heading back to the Magic Kingdom!! During the ride, I was texting 2 Disney friends who I had planned on meeting up with during the day. One was a Facebook friend, Shelley, and another is a fellow Forums member, KacieG, who is a new Cast Member at Disney Quest! We planned to meet at the Aventureland Bridge in about half hour. We arrived at the MK and got through security and ticketing. I decided to take a picture of Kay at the entrance...

...and as I turned to my mom to hand her the camera to take a picture of me and Kay, I head "Jamie?"...and looked and saw Kacie standing next to my mom!!!! I was so surprised that she found us before we even got into the park!! We said hellos and hugged and I introduced her to my mom and Kay. We laughed because we had the same type of camera!! My mom said it must of been destiny for us to meet and be friends!! We took a couple of pictures together...

...and headed into the park! We walked down Main Street and stopped for Kay to take a PP picture with Tinkerbell..

(I'll add in my PP pictures if I order them)

and finally made it to Adventureland. Guess what ride Kay and Kacie decided to go on first??

They were laughing, because Kayla told Kacie how "mommy was scared yesterday when we went high"..so guess what happened? We went high!! LOL It was fun though!! After our carpet ride, we decided to check out Pirates....

My little pirate princess!!

We headed over to Tom Saywer Island and didn't get to do too much but hand out at the landing dock, since it had started to rain some. So, we played some checkers...

...and once the rain let us, we headed back across to go to Big Thunder Mountain ( we had Fast Pass it before the Island). My mom decided to wait for us, even though she wanted to go on, but with her having a pacemaker, we had decided it was just better just in case for her to not ride. I know she was bummed and I felt bad, but I didn't want to worry about anything happening.

Yet again, I lost Kay to Kacie!! All the rides, Kay wanted to be with Kacie, not me!! She was her friend, not mine!! Thanks Kay!!

After our ride, we found my mom near the bridge by Pecos Bills, and said goodbye to Kacie...it was close to 3pm....she had to go meet up with a friend and we had to start heading towards the Castle for our ADR at 3:50pm. We still had a while, so we decided to check out the parade again, since it was our birthday, I figured it would be an extra special memory, and was I right!!!!

Continued next post....

Re: "It's all so magical Mommy!" August 16-22, 2011 WDW-UPDATED 9/20

Updated today, 2 posts so far, gonna try to get 2 more up later today....

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

What a nice trip so far, love your pictures. I cringed when you got to the part about Mom insisting....Out of all our trips we had my folks on a couple, there was always a rub here and there over what was "best" for my kids. Or my Dad mid park...."you guys want to go back to the hotel and swim right?" Or what they suggested for them to eat...

Can't wait to hear more.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

KacieG is offline D-Ticket Holder

Hooray!! I had so much fun that day! I can still her Kayla's little squeals on Big Thunder. So glad I got to meet with you ladies!

Loving all the photos in your trip report!

DCP - Attractions - Disney Quest - Aug. 10th, 2011 - Jan. 6th, 2012

Hi friends!!

So sorry for the delay...last week had some stuff going on. ok...here we go!!

Disney invited everyone to Kayla's and my birthday TODAY!! :

Snow said "Happy birthday"!!

Fairy Godmother said Happy Birthday!!

Belle said Happy Birthday!!!

That did it for me...I started crying...my favorite Princess wished me a Happy Birthday!!

Yes I was turning 32 that day and crying my eyes out at Walt Disney World!! That moment just meant so much to me, since I have been through so much the past few years, and especially this past year...it was just so magical and I felt like no one else was there! It meant so much to me to be sharing this day with my daughter and my mom! I was happy I had my sunglasses on and I was videotaping the parade too or else I would of brought attention to myself!!

So, for those of you keeping track at home...this was like the 3rd time I cried while in the Magic Kingdom in 2 days!!

I will...thanks!! Especially at what's coming up next....dinner at CINDERELLA ROYAL TABLE IN CINDERELLA CASTLE!!

Up next...DINING WITH ROYALTY!!

I have been planning for this day since I decided to take this vacation backin February...pouring over AllEars menus, reviews on WDWRadio and the DisBoards, anxiously waiting until my travel agent JAN PEPE (Mei-Mousefan Travel) could make my ADR!! Finally...the day was here...and it was almost time for us to eat with the Princess. I don't know who was more excited...me or Kayla!! LOL

We got to the check in table about 15 minutes before our ADR...I didn't want to take any chances, because if you don't show for this....you will be charged, even if you are on the DDP since you have to put a CC down too. I have to say, the CM that I dealt with was less than friendly, and told me we had to come back 5 minutes before our time, because that is how they did it! Not very pleasant or good guest service!!

So, we took a quick tour in the store next to the Castle, Sir Mickey's, where I showed Kay and my Mom the GIANT pulling up the ceiling!!

It's kinda cool how the beanstalk wraps around to the cash wrap area...check it out next time you are there!! So much detail too behind the cash wrap...very cool!!

I almost got this...I should of! It's the KEY TO THE KINGDOM!!

We now wasted enough time to go back....

When we went back, they had you wait until exactly 5 minutes before your ADR, then you have to form a line to the right of the counter, but you are not told this, so even if you have been there before everyone else, now you have to get into this line, and this waiting area is not very large, and there was some construction going on while we were there too, so it was very cramped. But after only a few minutes we were checked in and waiting for our name to be called to come inside!!

Up, down, and around....trust what Lou says!! Ok, get ready for picture overload!!

Our view...we had a window table!! SO AWESOME!!

I have to say, this was so exciting, being inside the Castle for dinner!! Our view was amazing, I just kept looking out the window and smiling!! Kay was so excited, she kept asking, when the Princesses would be coming to eat with us. I had to keep telling her soon!! Our server was GREAT...you will see him in some pictures coming up!! The food was pretty good too, considering a lot of the reviews I heard had the food as not so great!! More coming next....

Fancy water in a fancy goblet!!

We were seated only about 5-10 minutes, and there was an announcement made of how Cinderella invited her friends to the Castle, and some fanfare and music and all the Princess were announced. They started at the far end of the dining room from us, so we had a few minutes to wait. We were able to order our food and drink and in a few minutes our appetizers came.

Shrimp cocktail, rock shrimp with tomato marmalade...OMG...soo good!! Kay got the bite sized cheddar cheese cubes and grapes. My Mom got the shrimp cocktail too.

First Princess to visit us was Snow White!!

Jasmine was next...

Our food arrived...

Kay's plate, Beef Tenderloin with mashed potatoes and corn.

My mom and I ordered the same thing, Roasted beef tenderloain with duchess potatoes, asparagus, and a chasseur sauce.

Ariel stopped by...

This picture is just funny but I don't remember what was being said...

I have some more pictures from CRT, but I have to upload them, they were from the other camera and I have to add those to my photobucket, so I will add those as soon as I can!!

All in all, our dinner at Cinderella Royal Table was good. I was happy with the experience. The meal was not rushed, but you did feel a "quickness" to the meal. The Princess interactions definatly were limited time with each one, autograph, picture, quick conversation...maybe 2-3 minutes each! Cinderella only meets you in the lobby too, she doesn't come to visit. Kay was kinda upset about that...(thank goodness for the next day at Epcot...)

Kayla loved it. She was sad that they didn't actually eat with us at the table, she thought they would. I guess I explained it to her wrong. My mom thought it was very nice and she enjoyed it. It is 2 credits on your DDP, which if you can manage it and want to do it, I would suggest it. Your 18$ gratuity is included too, which was a real money saver!! I have to dig my receipts out, but I will at the end of my report go over prices and all.

Desert was the Chef's Dessert Trio for me and my Mom...which was a sample of all 3 other desserts on the menu- Valhrona Chocolate Mouse with berries and rasperry sauce, Almond Cheesecaske with Lingoberry Jam, and Rasberry Sorbet with berries. Kay got a special dessert...the decorate your own cupcake AND ice cream!!

We all did receive a birthday card each, signed by all the Princess!! Funny to note, that the card had Mickey on the front with Figment and Roger Rabbit, and background silloutes of Cinderella Castle, Spaceship Earth, and Earful Tower...old cards!! I just thought it would be more personalized with the Princess on it or something. It was still cool to get though. And the Princess each sign it before, the signatures are all in different spots on the cards!!

You do get a 8x10 picture with Cinderella when you come in, and 4 4x6, plus a 8x10 of the Castle, in a picture jacket that says "Cinderella Royal Table" (which, thanks to a leak in my bedroom ceiling last night, has some water damage on it. ) On the back says

"Once upon a time,
    Cinderella invited some special friends to join her
    for a royal banquet in a fairy tale castle.
    The princess and her new friends shared
    some magical moments together,
    telling stories and making memories.
    They will remember that special moment
    for the rest of their lives."

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast