Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 3 in the Vacation Planning forums; Miss Day 2? Everyone got up bright and early today and after quick showers etc. we headed out to start our MK day! Anyone who maybe has read my previous ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 3

Miss Day 2?

Everyone got up bright and early today and after quick showers etc. we headed out to start our MK day!

Anyone who maybe has read my previous trip reports may remember that we have this thing with the Green (or Lime) monorail. It seems to follow us. We have a running inside joke about it. So, when monorail green arrived to take us to the Magic Kingdom, it was just a wonderful way to start the day.

We arrived at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom about 8:45am. Unplanned, we were going to get to see the opening show, something Tim and Brytt had never seen (and Aaron didn't remember). It was nice to catch it and seeing everyone in their fall colors, surrounded by the Halloween decorations was just a great way to start!

Once the show was over we headed down Mainstreet and over to check-in at the Crystal Palace. Our reservation was for 9:20am. Unfortunately, we weren't seated until closer to 9:45 so we were sitting and sweating in the heat until then.

Still, once we were inside, we had a great time. The food was awesome as always and Aaron shocked us again by being totally excited about meeting the characters!

We decided to start our day in Adventureland after a quick after-meal smoke for the smokers.

We headed over to the Jungle Cruise, a first for Aaron and the first time Bill and I actually rode together (last time it was him and the teens).

After our lovely cruise with Skipper Michelle (who was a riot -- of course), we headed over to experience the Enchanted Tiki Room sans-annoying freakin birds who ruin the show. *ahem* Anyway yes... the Tiki Room. I was SO happy to see this show back in it's full glory. I sat singing and swaying to the songs as the birds sang them. Aaron loved it too.

After the show, Tim and Bill took another break as Brytt, Aaron and I jumped on a flying carpet.

Aaron saw the spitting Tiki's from the ride and insisted that we visit them after it was over so off we went!

While on this side of the world, we decided to hit Pirates. Notice I've not made any comments about wait times. They were all next to nothing the entire day... it was great!

After a quick stop in the gift shop and some chill-out time outside, we headed toward Liberty Square.

Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-23-2012 at 02:07 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Re: Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 3

We had intended to hit the Riverboat and HOP but decided to skip past and head to the Haunted Mansion. The "direct" line was practically non-existent but we wanted to see the new graveyard so we jumped into it's queue. I really like what they've done here. I can see how a slow moving line would really be more enjoyable with these little touches. Alas we were practically running through it but we had fun none-the-less.

After HM we decided to head to Fantasyland to check the wait on Peter Pan's Flight (something we skipped in March due to wait times as well). Alas, the wait was long so we decided to skip it again but not before grabbing a shot of the skyway... or lack there of.

Well, what do you do when PPF's queue is too long? You hit Small World of course! This time it was just me and Aaron. The teens and Bill "hate" the ride so I let them skip it... this time.

After IASW we headed over to PhillarMagic (and cool off - ooo boy it was hot).

Then Aaron and I headed over for a ride on the Carousel while the smokers did their thing.

After our ride and a stop for some drinks, it was time for me to take a couple minutes and grab some shots of the New Fantasyland...

While we were over in this area, I decided to poke my head into Pooh's tree. I was curious if they had just moved it or replaced it. I knew one way to tell for sure. Sure enough, inside, above the doorway you can still see the 20k Sub imprint... definitely the same tree!

Next up? Oh sure let's hit the Tea Cups! I managed to get what I think is my all time favorite picture of Aaron this time. There's something about the over exposure... just love it!

After our spin on the cups (get it... spin?) we headed over to the Speedway. Tim and Bill skipped out again and instead it was just me, Aaron and Brytt. Funny note... Brytt doesn't have a license yet and was a little worried about driving. I had to explain a few times that there was a track and that Aaron had driven a car before (when he was 3) to calm her.

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Then it was time for Aaron's favorite.. The TTA... or is that the TTAP now? Whatever...

After our tour of Tomorrowland, we decided to head into Mickey's Star Traders to look around. Why? Well, we got to talking and suddenly realized that we had only ever been through it on the TTA and never actually gone into it.

After some shopping, Aaron and I headed over to Space Ranger Spin while Tim and Brytt hit Stitch and Bill took another smoke break.

Once back together, Brytt, Aaron and myself decided to hit something I hadn't done since I was probably Aaron's age or just a little older... The Astro Orbiter (was still the Star Jets the last time I did it I think). I'm glad I did it because... I will never do it again. I have since developed a fear of heights that I didn't think would bother me but oh boy did it!

We met up with Tim and Bill and headed over to the Carousel of Progress next. Here we caught little things that were broken on our last trip and had since been fixed as well as a quick view of the "unlegged" father in the final scene.

At this point we were getting hungry so we decided to head back toward Frontierland to get Turkey Legs and such. While Tim, Brytt and Bill got their legs, Aaron and I headed into Pecos Bills (which looks great btw) to pick up our dinner. Then we all met in the dining room and we planned our next steps.

After dinner came... what? Another smoke break you got it! This time though we sat over on the walkway against the river which gave us a great view of the... wait... yep... huge storm cloud decending upon us.

By the time we hit Fantasyland it was pouring but after everyone (yes everyone) took a quick ride on IASW again, it was done! This really is how it went for us every day going forward too. We really lucked out.

After IASW and realizing that the wait for PPF was still just too long, we decided to hit the Carousel again (this time with Brytt) and then head toward Tomorrowland (in prep for the big surprise).

While in Tomorrowland we did another spin on the TTA (always fun at night).

Then it was time to head to the surprise for the kids... the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks & Dessert Party!

We were seated at our table (right up front and to the right) and dug in as the MSEP went by. Then it was time for the Magic, Memories and You show... something none of us had seen. OMG how can anyone say this is a waste? The stuff they do to the castle during it is fanstaic!! By far the coolest is when they make the tallest spire "take off". Just wow... what a great show.

Then it was time for Wishes of course!

After Wishes we decided to chill in the area until the crowds had disperesed a little bit. This was when we experienced our first of two bad CM experiences. Now... let me explain. The smokers couldn't smoke at the party obviously so they wanted something when it was done. The plan was to head into Tomorrowland to the nearest smoking area. When we got there, CMs had it blocked because it was past park closing. Now... while I completely understand why we couldn't go back in there, the CM we dealt with was unbelievably rude. First, she spoke to us like we were children "Oh hi there, y'know the park's closed so you just can't go back in there ok?" (use a high squeeky talk-down-to-you voice there) So when we say "Oh ok we just came from the dessert party and wanted to hit the smoking area, where can we go instead?" she responds "I'm sorry but the park's closed ok so there's no where for you to go so you're just going to have to go ahead and exit the park and live without a smoking area until then." (again use that voice) So... we walked 20 feet away, sat on one of the bridge benches and they smoked there. You don't tell smokers who haven't had a stick in over an hour that they have to wait another two until they can. Anyway... it opened up some nice photo opps!

Once the crowds cleared a little we made our way down Mainstreet and grabbed some shots of the decorations. I just love the little Punkin People!

Oh and what monorail was waiting to take us back? Green of course!!

When we returned to our room, exhausted of course, we found this little guy holding our toothbrushes. How nice of him!

Last edited by BamaJenn; 06-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

At least Day 3 looked dry.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    At least Day 3 looked dry.
    Nope! It poured! Take a look at the 2nd set of Carousel pics.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Crystal Palace before the park opens is my favorite.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

You all sure packed a lot of stuff into a short time, did low attendance at the parks help?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Crystal Palace before the park opens is my favorite.
    Yeah I wish I could've gotten us an earlier ADR but oh well... been there done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    You all sure packed a lot of stuff into a short time, did low attendance at the parks help?
    DEFINITELY!!! We walked on to nearly everything or waited 20 minutes or less.

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

I could eat at Crystal Palace at every meal on my trip and would be fine with it.

That cast member was rude... if I was a manager and saw that I would fire her on the spot.

How the dessert party? What types of desserts did they have? I am hoping to do that in june.
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

Quote Originally Posted by wallfan329 View Post
    I could eat at Crystal Palace at every meal on my trip and would be fine with it.
    Oh yeah ditto!

That cast member was rude... if I was a manager and saw that I would fire her on the spot.
    Yeah I mean we totally understood the WHY but her tone was just unacceptable.

How the dessert party? What types of desserts did they have? I am hoping to do that in june.
    AWESOME! I sooo wish I had come with more of an appetite! They had everything you can imagine... from simple things like brownies and ice cream to tarts and mousses and cakes and just yum yum yum.