Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 4 in the Vacation Planning forums; Miss Day 3? If you read my pre-trip report you're probably now really confused. Originally the first day of the trip we weren't going to a park and this day ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 4

Miss Day 3?

If you read my pre-trip report you're probably now really confused. Originally the first day of the trip we weren't going to a park and this day was going to be DHS but as you saw, we already switched that up in favor of doing the Fantasmic Dinner so... off to AK we went!

On the last trip, we literally came to AK only for EVerest and then left, so there was lots to do this time. Top of the list was making sure we hit Nemo. It just so happened we arrived about 45 minutes before the next show so we headed over. We were first in line which let us grab the best seat in the house (at least to us), against the stage walk on the left side. This show is just brilliantly done... I could watch it over and over again. Aaron loved it until he was the chosen "chomp" of Bruce when he swam over toward us. Other than that, all was well!

Of course we had to end the show by Aaron and Mommy saying "Mine! Mine!" for about 10 minutes afterward too!

As we headed back toward Dinoland, Aaron and I decided to take a spin in a Triceratop while the smokers did their thing once again.

After spending 10 minutes searching for them (I had no map and no idea where they had gone), we met up and did some shopping in Chester & Hesters and then headed over to do Dinosaur. At first Aaron had said he wanted to skip this but he was having a great day so far and decided to go on. He got off saying how much he loved it.

Time for lunch!!

Time for another smoke break (I'm so glad I quit but man we lose a lot of time here don't we? lol).

Then it was time to head to Asia to hit the Jungle Trek. It was still really hot... even the tiger thought so...

As we exited the aviary, we noticed we were all getting dripped on. Bird poop? Nope of course not... more rain! We stood under cover trying to decide what to do, I suggested we run to Africa to hit Kilimanjaro Safari. We'd never done it in the rain and I thought "it's been hot all day, maybe the animals will be out enjoying the cool rain". I was SO right! We got probably the best views of animals we've ever had. It was a nice first experience for Brytt.

We even got to catch a glimpse of the new baby elephant! He was a little ways from his mom and as we sat there looking, she started to move toward us, flapping her ears, walking quicker and quicker. The guide didn't say anything but I was pretty sure she was protecting him.

As our luck had shown us prior, when we got off the ride, the rain stopped. Perfect timing yet again. It was time for the smokers to get their fix but to do so, we had to head alllll the way into Camp Minnie Mickey.

We were pretty much done with what we wanted to do so we decided, while the parade was just getting ready to start, we'd hit the tree walk to check it out since Brytt had never seen it up close. I caught some great shots and even found a few animals I had never noticed...

Like this Platypus (Agent P?):

And this Walrus who was staring at me the whole time:

Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-23-2012 at 02:10 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Re: Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 4

As we waved good-bye to the Kangaroos, we came out as the very end of the parade made it's way by.

In the parking lot, I saw this... just had to grab a shot and share it!

We headed back to the resort to clean up a bit and relax and then made our way over for our 7:50 ADR at Whispering Canyon. We got there a bit early so we chilled out in the lobby. Everyone (but me) got in a little bit of electronics time (something we had ruled out while at the parks). Even Aaron made a little friend as he sat playing Angry Birds on my phone.

We were sat for dinner right on time and Bill and I didn't even need to look at the menu. We knew what we were getting.

We did the hokey pokey and then Brytt decided she wanted some ketchup to go with her steak fries... we made sure every bottle went to her (since the rest of us had nothing ketchup worthy).

For some reason out of nowhere a random waitress brought us this gigantic plastic knife. She just brought it and said "you need this" and walked away.

And then... the day was over!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Last edited by BamaJenn; 06-11-2012 at 04:18 PM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Looks like you had a good day at DAK

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Ak is not a fav, but it sounds like you all managed to get it all done AND have a good time.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Ak is not a fav, but it sounds like you all managed to get it all done AND have a good time.
    Yeah and actually we almost planned to go back. It's my least favorite park but this trip we actually really had a great time there. It all comes down to crowd levels... especially there where you're packed more tightly.