Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 6 in the Vacation Planning forums; Miss Day 5? We weren't sure what we wanted to do on this day. We had done each of the parks so the idea was we would head back to ...
    BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 6

Miss Day 5?

We weren't sure what we wanted to do on this day. We had done each of the parks so the idea was we would head back to whatever one we wanted to do again or to the park that had rides we had skipped. Thing was, the parks had been so dead (generally) that we really had gotten everything in. So, we decided to head back to MK. If anything we'd FINALLY hit PPF!

Getting Aaron out of bed this morning was tough. The poor kiddo was just worn out. Everyone else, even Tim (which is amazing) was up and ready to go. I finally had to literally drag him out of bed.

Monorail Orange was to be our chariot back to the MK.

First thing to do? PPF! We didn't care how long the wait was... we were going to do this ride! And we did... and even found a new hidden Mickey I hadn't noticed before in the queue!

After PPF, Aaron wanted to do IASW again so, I somehow managed to convince everyone to go on again! And here, Tim, Brytt and Bill thought they were going to get away with not riding it at all... poor things ended up riding it twice!

Then it was time to hit another ride we had skipped in March and earlier in the week, Snow White's Scary Adventures. We hoped for the Grumpy car but alas, we ended up Sleepy.

After Snow White we wanted to head to Pooh (another ride we had skipped) but the wait was just too long so we moved on. As we rounded the corner near the Speedway, I grabbed myself a Mickey On A Stick and actually took a picture of it!

As the smokers took another break, Aaron watched the Carousel of Progress spin.

So we decided to go back in again...

Next up, it was time to check the wait for Space Mountain. Bill isn't a fan but Tim and Brytt wanted to do it and I absolutely love it so in we went. The wait was listed as 30 minutes. We were on and off in 29!

Then it was time for another round on the TTA!

And another ride on Buzz, this time with everyone! I'd never seen this Mickey before... at first I thought Tim was losing it when he pointed it out!

Bill rode with Aaron this time so I had to be funny face. Brytt and Tim are just focused aren't they?

After some fun in the gift shop...

... it was time to hit the Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor. This was another attraction Aaron kept trying to say he was scared to do but we were just going whether he wanted to or not. He laughed the whole time and when we were done he said "Mom that's my favorite now!" Ahhh kids!

We decided to head toward Adventureland (for a smoke) and on our way out of Tomorrowland, we ran into Push! Literally! Well, he ran into Aaron at least. It was hilarious We saw him and he came right up to Aaron. He was talking to him about his hat I think (which he had taken off to show Push).

Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-23-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Re: Jenn's Rainy Trip - Day 6

As we continued past Push and toward Adventureland, we noticed the crowds gathering on Mainstreet. We checked the time and realized the parade was about to start. We hadn't technically hit any parades at all last time or this time so why not!!

We hit the smoking area and I noticed we were just in front of Aloha Isle. I can't tell you the last time I had a Dole Whip or Dole Whip Float for that matter so, while the smokers did their thing... I did mine (and remembered to take a picture)!

We decided we were parked out and we had 5:45 ADRs at Rainforest (in AK no less), so we started to make our way out. On the way I mentioned that Tim and Brytt had never done the train so we stopped to take a ride.

When we rounded the turn by the old Toon Town Faire I was so sad to see they had extra high walls to block the construction. Except for this small, maybe 10 foot fence that they hadn't blocked at all! Looks like they haven't really done a thing to those tents yet, they even still have the old signage up!

We hopped the monorail (yellow) and made our way back to the T&TC where we hopped in our cars and made our way to AK for dinner. Now, let me just say... since the RFC at AK is open way past when the park closes... they really should think about having some sort of special parking area or signage or something for those coming in just for dinner. They had cones blocking the lanes that ran down to the front of the lot which, sure when the park is open, I understand, but no way were we going to park at the back of the lot just to run in for dinner (after park closing). So, we had to snake our way around to finally get to a spot close enough to make it worth doing at all.

Once inside, Aaron was in awe. The food was good (though not great) and we had a lot of fun.

Brytt and I got up to take some shots after we were done and then we were off to the gift shop.

Zebra Gansters?

I love this picture... notice the fog? Going from the A/C to outside made my lens go all foggy... gotta love it. It gives the picture a very Rainforesty feeling though right? Maybe I should say I planned it!

After dinner we headed back to the resort to get cleaned up and then made our way Downtown where we did our big shopping. There were a few things Aaron had seen in the parks that we told him he'd have to wait on so we picked a few of them up. The kids got their money spent (and I'm positive Tim went over his balance but that's another story) and we headed back to the resort. Aaron loved that he got his "Mickey Shoes" to go with his gloves and his little pirate kit.

Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

Last edited by BamaJenn; 02-23-2012 at 03:13 PM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Didn't look like a wash out... weather was okay?

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Didn't look like a wash out... weather was okay?
    It actually poured just as we got to our cars at the T&TC if I remember right and had stopped when we pulled into AK. We really had the best luck with all the rain we got!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Jenn, you all packed a LOT of great stuff into this trip-great job.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Keasmom View Post
    Jenn, you all packed a LOT of great stuff into this trip-great job.
    *takes a bow*