Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Sept.2011 Poplin Family Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen probably... CRT is not one of my recommended places to eat.. the food is AWFUL.. and i have to say its not as magical as you ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Sept.2011 Poplin Family Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    probably... CRT is not one of my recommended places to eat.. the food is AWFUL.. and i have to say its not as magical as you would expect it to be for what they charge
    I remember my family eating there a LONG long time ago and were terribly disappointe with the food. And this was over 20 years ago. Glad to hear that nothing has changed. Seems like the only appeal is getting the princesses in one place at one time, despite the crazy price. Glad my sister had a boy instead of a girl so we can skip this overpriced trap.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

sept 12

we sleep in after our big day and brents dad is done for... he is forsure not going to studio with us today..lol we relax most of the morning then head over for our noon lunch ressie at 50's prime. we had a awesome server who gave us homework of guess 15-18 disney movies with one word titles. which we were awful at...lol

i had like the sampler plate with a lil bit of everything. i loved the chicken
    brent got a like turkey club thing and tayen got chicken nuggets of course
    for dessert i had apple crisp thing with icecream and brent an tayen both had sundies and they sang happy birthday to bugger it was great and i would forsure go there again

we had got fast passes for toy story before lunch so after lunch off we went and rode it.. i loved it
    we did the great movie ride, lil mermaid, and playhouse disney which bug loved and so did i.. but dad hated the floor!!

after that we went back and checked on papaw

he was a lil better.. but everyone laid down and took lil naps.

we got up and went to go to magic kingdom for dinner and see the MSEP and fireworks.
    we waited forever for the bus.. it never came so when the 2nd epcot bus went by we got on it to go there and hit the monorail.

well when we got there the monorail was closed and they crammed us on a bus that took us to the Transportation station then we took the ferry over to the MK.. well i guess they wasnt planning on all these people! an only had a few gates open and it took brent and his dad and bug like 20 mins to get thru the gate and by then the parade was half way over

we got in.. watched the rest of the parade then went straight back to the bus station to catch the bus. we went back to the resort and had dinner and then went and got our swim gear and did a lil swimming then called it a night.
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    probably... CRT is not one of my recommended places to eat.. the food is AWFUL.. and i have to say its not as magical as you would expect it to be for what they charge
    It's one of those places I'd never be tempted by.. I dunno I guess I prefere the eh "fluffy characters" rather than the human ones if ya know what I mean.

Great trip update btw.. the thoughts of 50's prime scares me a little cos I heard they make people sit in the corner if they're not behaving at dinner! morto much like I like the red mickey cup yee have though.

Also bummer bout the lack of buses to Magic Kingdom.

sept 13th.

i know this has been a long time coming.. but since being home. i got hired at school.. i crammed for my boards and went and took them and passed everything but silly fingerwaves and seriously how many people run around with those anymore??? but i have to be able to teach them.. we had thanksgiving and now christmas so now life can get back to normal.. oct- dec is usually crazy for me. but anyways.. long time no see guys

and back to the trip

sept 13th

we head to AK in the morning

we do tough to be a bug.. my lil bug got scared..lol
    then we headed out and i walked right on Everest

we walked around and seen some animals and let brent and his dad do dinosaur and then me and brent rode it.. it scares me everytime

we did the safari and got to see the new baby elephant but it was hiding around its mommy so i could get a good pic.

then off to rafiki's station where we hit a couple meet and greets..

Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

rafiki played with her baby giraffe and she thought that was the greatest thing and she still talks about it.. now she has baby nala, simba, dumbo, and giraffe.. i will have a baby zoo soon.

next we went and ate and took a break from the heat at of course rain forest cafe

if you remember i had got all those $15 gift cards for like $7.50 and it come in handy.. we still ended up paying like $40 bucks even with 3 of those cards

excuse all these photos.. bug had the camera and she was the one taking the photos..lol

after lunch we headed back to the room to rest and then get ready for the not so scary halloween party! the first one of the year
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

we get dressed and head out in our costumes and of course we get looks like we always do head out for MK and our dinner ressies at liberty tavern which is always the best..

we have to wait a while but we finally get seated and get to eat and by then a few other have showed up in costumes too and everyone is having a good time.

after dinner off we go to ride some rides.. bug wont do haunted manison but she does walk through and plays with the new interactive line and then she bails out the back..lol she has rode it 100x's but this trip she just would NOT!

but we got to see the lady.. and we did the ghost pics and rode alot of the fantasy land rides and then head to tomorrowland and rode a few of those rides and the funniest thing was at the monster inc.. oh my gosh.. there wasnt that many of us in there.. but there was this guy in a grim reaper costume and they picked at that guy... oh my gosh it was sooooooo funny!!!

there was a woman there who went all out as Ursula and i tried to catch up with her and couldnt... but the cast members were watch out Ursula just came through here!! and everyone loved my costume and they all said that was their fav verison of her and they didnt know why you never seen ariel out like that sometimes.. and i agree.. i love that dress better then the one she wears at CRT. but anyways.. i will hush and show some pics

i have more i'm waiting on photobucket
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

some of these pics are out of my photo book i got for free. then some are also from iphone so there not the best..

here is a video of us doing the teacups that night

the poplin family on the teacups - YouTube
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

oh and the orange shirt was the halloween shirt i got.. it glows in the dark and it was scented like a pumpkin roll when i got it.. the first wash it was gone.. unless you scratched the front.. then 2nd wash the scent was totally gone!
    Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Love all those pics from Animal Kingdom and the party. It is so cool the way Rafiki took her baby giraffe and held it up like the movie!

the next was epcot here are some pics.. nothing too exciting happened that day but we did do soarin and i had never done it before and it was fun and now bug's fav and i done test track for the first time loved it.. oh and watched EO i really liked it.. i love a good 80's throwback

here enjoy the pics

Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

Pop Century October 2010
    Chrissy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Love all the new pics girl! I really love the one of your kiddo with Tink in her hand... I'm going to have to look out for that in the future.

Oh and just as a side note... been feeling totally inspired to go crazy red with my hair and it's all your fault.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Great trip report! I love all the photos you have posted!!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

again love all the pics. Do they change that camels hat every day in Epcot when we were there he was sporting a Jamacian look

fitmom is offline A-Ticket holder

Love your TR... Your daughter is a doll.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast