Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss I'm going back! Pre-trip report for January in the Vacation Planning forums; Well my goal was to finish up my College Program report before I started this new thread..but I'm just to excited to hold it back any longer I'm headed back ...
    Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

I'm going back! Pre-trip report for January

Well my goal was to finish up my College Program report before I started this new thread..but I'm just to excited to hold it back any longer I'm headed back to the World in early January for some more magic!

I've been tossing the idea around in my head for quite some time now to make a trip back to WDW while on Christmas break for college, but it wasn't something that I had a lot of hope in for actually happening. But things changed a bit when last week I got an email from Southwest saying they were having a sale on flights to Orlando for $65...everything kind of happened in a whirlwind from there and before I knew it, Nate (boyfriend) and I both had round trip plane tickets! Of course I had our resort booked within a matter of hours after that...so we went from no vacation plans to having everything booked in a very short amount of time!

Here's the plan thus far:

Who? Nate and I...This will be my first vacation ever without the rest of my family which I am totally feeling a bit sad/guilty about, but they're all happy for us.

Where? All Star Sports (if something opens up at Movies, I am going to try to snatch that instead just because I've never stayed there). The point of this trip is to do everything as totally cheap as possible.

When? January 3-10

And a rough idea of the itinerary so far:

We fly out the 3rd around 9:30 in the morning from Chicago and are due to land at MCO at 2:30. I have our Magical Express booked already, and as soon as we are at the resort, I plan on heading back out to the parks. Jan 3rd is the last day scheduled for the Osborne Spectacle of Dancing Lights at the Studios and the Castle Dream Lights at MK. I really, really, really want Nate to be able to see the lights at the Studios so I am praying that our flight and everything else sticks to the right time schedule so that we will be able to make it there in time to see them. Studios is only open until 7pm that night. After that we'll hop on over to MK to see the castle...and I'm sure we'll feed ourselves somewhere in all that craziness too. This will be my first trip ever where MK is not the first park I'll say hello to.

Jan 4th- We have to get in touch with our managers from our CP, but as long as everything works out correctly, we plan on spending this day back at our old work locations doing our old jobs. I am as excited for this as I am for the rest of the vacation. I can't wait to see all my friends and be back at my job at Epcot

The 5th-10th...we don't have any plans set in stone yet. We'll basically just hop around to all the parks--Just have to make sure we catch all the night time shows at all the parks, which shouldn't be a problem. I've looked at Disney's calendar and it looks like we have a good amount of options of when to see Fantasmic and MSEP, and of course Wishes and Illuminations are available every night. I know it can get pretty chilly in Florida that time of year, but it weather permits, I would also like to visit Blizzard Beach one day. Our flight on the 10th is at 7:40pm, so we'll have a good chunk of the afternoon to still play (last day for me is always at MK) before ME picks us up.

We're not sure yet if we're going to do the DDP, but I know we'll have to decide soon since we have to make ADRs.

Also, does anyone know when the resorts and parks take down their xmas decorations? I would like to visit a few resorts if they still have them up while we're there.

We are 70 days out today I went to Home Depot and got the Mickey shaped Behr paint samples and made our countdown calendar over the weekend. I just wrote a number on each mickey head, punched a whole in one of his ears, and then strung them all along a piece of ribbon. Each day we clip one off, it turned out pretty cute. I'll have to upload a pic when I get the chance.

So that's it so far! I'm sure I will have plenty of more updates before these 70 days are up!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Re: I'm going back! Pre-trip report for January

Yay!! Can't wait to read the report when you get back! Sounds like a great plan!

BTW: Movies (though in need of a refurb) is our favorite of the values... def try to get in if you can! Switching things up is great!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

AWESOME!!!

definatly try to get to Movies if you can...LOVE it there!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Thanks to both of you! I'll for sure be doing a post trip report, but I better get a move on with finishing up my CP report first! I enjoyed both of the TRs you guys both posted! Jenn--I can remember reading TRs of yours from when your son was just a tiny little thing, I was shocked to see how much he's grown..he's a cutie

and Jamie--I can't wait to hear your big plans from winning the 40 hour show! Excited for you and congrats once again!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Where? All Star Sports (if something opens up at Movies, I am going to try to snatch that instead just because I've never stayed there). The point of this trip is to do everything as totally cheap as possible.
    Good luck. For whatever reason, Sports and Music never appealed to me. I guess if you're staying on property, it might as well feel like "Disney". I've only stayed Value once, and I made sure I could get into Movies (Pop Century wasn't open yet).
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Awesome! Have a great trip.

Thanks to both of you! I'll for sure be doing a post trip report, but I better get a move on with finishing up my CP report first! I enjoyed both of the TRs you guys both posted! Jenn--I can remember reading TRs of yours from when your son was just a tiny little thing, I was shocked to see how much he's grown..he's a cutie

and Jamie--I can't wait to hear your big plans from winning the 40 hour show! Excited for you and congrats once again!

thanks sweetie...stay tuned for me to finish my aug report and start a pretrip for the 40 hour!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Jenn--I can remember reading TRs of yours from when your son was just a tiny little thing, I was shocked to see how much he's grown..he's a cutie
    I know... it's insane huh? I've sort of chronicled his Disney life on this site!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I'm so excited that you get to go back and visit! WooHoo!

So hard to live there at Disney everyday and then with drawls. Ugh.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited, we're at 65 days

I think we decided to go ahead and do the DDP. I made most of our ADRs yesterday, but I still have to call Disney and have them actually add the DDP to our package.

So here's what our new itinerary looks like so far.

Jan 3- Land at 2:30, hop on ME, and head over to All Star Sports. Once we're there we have to rush over to Access Control before they close and pick up our IDs before we can hit any of the parks. I'm really hoping we can make it there before they close, otherwise we'll have to wait until the next day to get our IDs and we won't be able to see the Osborne Lights or Castle lights that night.

Jan 4- I had originally planned to work this day, but in case we don't get our IDs on time, I decided we better wait another day to have a shift scheduled for us. I think we'll hit AK in the morning. We have an early dinner at Boma at 4:40 (so looking forward to this) and after that I think we'll hop over to MK (they're open til 11) and catch MSEP and Wishes.

Jan 5- This is going to be our new work day, as long as everything goes according to plan. No ADRs this day since there is no predicting what our schedules will look like. If we're off early enough, maybe we'll hit DTD after work.

Jan 6- Our morning is open for whatever we choose to do (Blizzard Beach, weather permitting?) That evening we'll hit the Studios since it's a Fantasmic night and I think I'm going to book us a dinner at Hollywood & Vine (never been there, how is it?) with the Fantasmic dinner package. Fantasmic is at 6:30 and it's EMH that night until 10, so we should be able to play for awhile once the show ends.

Jan 7- No plans yet...we'll just do whatever we're in the mood for. As for meal plans, I'm still trying to decide. I'll either book Liberty Tree Tavern at MK for dinner, and then we'll still have another credit leftover, so we'll have to double up on ADRs one day, or I'm thinking I'll book a 2 credit meal somewhere since we won't be using any table service meals on our check-in day or work day. I'm debating over Spirit of Aloha, Narcoosee's, or California Grill (but they are all booked up during Wishes time, which was my main interest in eating there). Any one have any suggestions?

Jan 8- No definite plans again. We have Coral Reef at 4:15. I'm thinking we'll probably spend the morning at Epcot and hop somewhere else after dinner.

Jan 9- Morning will be where ever we choose then we'll hop back to Epcot sometime in the early evening. We have Les Chefs de France at 7:30, then we'll catch Illuminations afterward.

Jan 10- Breakfast ADR at Cape May at 8:35. Afterwards we will be going to MK for our last day Our flight is at 7:40, so we'll probably try to catch a bus back to our resort around 3:30 in order to be ready for ME with a little extra time.

We're both excited to try out all our new meal choices...Boma is the only place we've done before.

Here are a few pics of my countdown, in case anyone is looking for some ideas on how to do their own! You can't tell in the pics, but it is strung over the frame of my closet.

Everyday I just snip a Mickey off the end and it gets a little shorter! So satisfying lol
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

All of the booking is officially done! I just got off the phone with Disney and officially added the DDP to our reservation. Also added ADRs for the Fantasmic dinner package on Jan 6th for Hollywood and Vine, and one on the 7th for the Spirit of Aloha at the Poly. Looking forward to being able to spend some time at the Poly since it's both mine and Nate's favorite. Now we wait....59 days!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

I watched Lou's radio show last night and he said Osborne Lights and Castle Dream Lights will run through Jan 7. I was so glad to hear this! Now its no big deal if we don't make it to catch them our first day there and there won't be a rush. Hoping this means other holiday decorations will be hanging around a bit longer also so we can check them out.
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

All of the booking is officially done! I just got off the phone with Disney and officially added the DDP to our reservation. Also added ADRs for the Fantasmic dinner package on Jan 6th for Hollywood and Vine, and one on the 7th for the Spirit of Aloha at the Poly. Looking forward to being able to spend some time at the Poly since it's both mine and Nate's favorite. Now we wait....59 days!
    I watched Lou's radio show last night and he said Osborne Lights and Castle Dream Lights will run through Jan 7. I was so glad to hear this! Now its no big deal if we don't make it to catch them our first day there and there won't be a rush. Hoping this means other holiday decorations will be hanging around a bit longer also so we can check them out.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Jan 3- Land at 2:30, hop on ME, and head over to All Star Sports. Once we're there we have to rush over to Access Control before they close and pick up our IDs before we can hit any of the parks.
    Are you flying out of an on time airport? For the most part?

Jan 4- We have an early dinner at Boma at 4:40 (so looking forward to this) and after that I think we'll hop over to MK (they're open til 11) and catch MSEP and Wishes
    Boma is one of the few buffets I like.

Jan 5- This is going to be our new work day, as long as everything goes according to plan. No ADRs this day since there is no predicting what our schedules will look like. If we're off early enough, maybe we'll hit DTD after work.
    I don't remember, where did Nate work for his CP?

Jan 10- Breakfast ADR at Cape May at 8:35. .
    And Cape May is the other Buffet I like!

and one on the 7th for the Spirit of Aloha at the Poly. Looking forward to being able to spend some time at the Poly since it's both mine and Nate's favorite. Now we wait....59 days!
    That was my pick for you for a double credit.

Ya the only one they shortened was the Jingle parade at AK, leaves the 3rd.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Are you flying out of an on time airport? For the most part?

I don't remember, where did Nate work for his CP?
    We'll be flying out of Midway. Never had a problem with them before as far as being late, it's more the weather that I'm hoping won't cause problems.

Nate did bell services at both Port Orleans resorts during his CP. However, he emailed his scheduling manager last night to see if he could be put on the schedule for Jan 5, and when he checked his email this morning his manager replied saying it wasn't a problem but she has been transferred over to the Boardwalk. So looks like he'll be working at the Boardwalk for a day. He's excited to try something new.

Today we hit the 40s 49 more days and we're on our way. Got our confirmation letter in the mail the other day..exciting!
    -Amanda

-Walt Disney

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast