Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MartianCrab's Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; My middle daughter (let's call her Jan) wanted pizza. Naturally I tried to find her some in Italy. I saw the new restaurant but it was table service. On to ...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: MartianCrab's Trip Report

My middle daughter (let's call her Jan) wanted pizza. Naturally I tried to find her some in Italy. I saw the new restaurant but it was table service. On to America. I took this picture before we left.

*now I don't need to travel to the real Italy
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 11-02-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

$8.00 for a beer, wonder what the Grey Goose slushie is now then?

See that is what I mean about the food in Disney. You just never know what you are going to be served. Some is fantastic. Rice with peas and carrots is not what is considered "normal" for Fried Rice, up here anyhow.

Sorry you missed Toy Story, had you seen it before? Backlot is a cry'n shame. If this is all it can be, it should be gone.

Enjoying your report.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

As we neared The American Pavilion I could hear a band playing. The music was very familiar. It sounded like The Gin Blossoms. OMG it IS the Gin Blossoms!

I've never been a fan of them per se, but I've never minded hearing their music, either. Jan settled for a pulled pork sandwich in the American restaurant and as she ate we listened to the end of the Gin Blossom's set. The lead singer joked that their final set was in 45 minutes and the band was going to try and get to the Magic Kingdom to ride Space Mountain before it closed. My wife, at this point, wasn't very happy. Her feet hurt and she didn't like getting the kids fed one at a time. We still had to feed Marsha and Cindy and Mrs. MartianCrab as well. At that point I knew I wanted to see the Gin Blossoms play again but I've been in this territory before and mentioning my desire to a hungry, foot-sore wife wouldn't yield a satisfying result. I had to focus on feeding the others. On to France...
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 10-31-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    $8.00 for a beer, wonder what the Grey Goose slushie is now then?

See that is what I mean about the food in Disney. You just never know what you are going to be served. Some is fantastic. Rice with peas and carrots is not what is considered "normal" for Fried Rice, up here anyhow.

Sorry you missed Toy Story, had you seen it before? Backlot is a cry'n shame. If this is all it can be, it should be gone.

Enjoying your report.
    We have seen it...the first year it opened, so no one was too disappointed in skipping out on it. I would call it a glorified Buzz Lightyear.

As we headed towards France, Cindy (my youngest) noticed a cart that was selling turkey legs. She loudly proclaimed THAT was what she wanted. I quickly did the math:
    $9 of a gristly, sloppy, chunk of pink meat on a bone + 1 notoriously picky eater = No freakin' way. She was about to pitch a fit but Mrs. MartianCrab agreed with my assessment so on we went. As we ambled towards France, Cindy noticed another cart. This one sold Belgian waffles. She decided that would make a good dinner. At this point, I would have happily let her eat a box of confectioners sugar if that was what she wanted and it was available. At $3 this was perfect since Cindy isn't really a big eater. Two kids down and one to go. My wife was hungry too, but she isn't really picky. Finally we reached France and there the Mrs. and Marsha each bought a ham and cheese croissant sandwich type thing. They both said it was excellent. All were fed. Now it was time to spring the Gin Blossom plan.

They were really good! I'm going to have to get one of their greatest hits CD. The lead singer sounds just like he does on their recordings but he wasn't lip-synching. I was impressed.

I got to see 5 or 6 songs before my kids started to complain that the music all sounded the same. I didn't want to be a dictator so it was time to get back to the All Star. As we headed out of America towards the west side of World Showcase I could hear another band playing. It was coming from England. I knew the fake Beatles were no longer there and soon it became apparent I liked what they were playing; it was a cover of Blur's "song 2" which is better known as "woo hoo". I knew I was pushing it with a tired family but I headed into the garden area of the England pavilion to see a little more live music. The band was called The British Revolution. Next they played "My Generation" by The Who and then launched midway into Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody (which my girls all love) I was tempted to stay for the rest of their set. Unfortunately they started in with a beatle tune so that was a clear signal I needed to leave. I've never been a fan of anything to do with the beatles. But I digress; we headed back to our room so we could prepare for our last day which would be spent at the Magic Kingdom. We like to save the best for last.
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 11-01-2011 at 04:04 PM.

Sounds like the Brady's were having a great vacation so far.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

weepstah is offline C-Ticket Holder

MartianCrab,

Silly question but will they let you tour Tower and Terror for the queue and skip the ride? My eldest (let's call him Greg) isn't big on heights but he'd love the queue. It's been such a while since my last trip that I can't remember.

I like the shot of the Adventurers Club. Well, no, I don't like it but the pics showing things like The AC, the Pooh queue and River Country are necessary reminders that there's always more things to get squared away in the kingdom.

Thanks for sharing!

I haven't done it myself but there is usually a "chicken" exit on thrill rides. Space mountain, for example, has one...it's a way out for people who get cold feet at the last minute. Hopefully someone with more knowledge on the ToT's policy will chime in with a definitive answer. It is worth the wait see the queue...it's so elaborately themed and beautiful.

Yes there are a couple chicken exits for ToT. Years ago my DD made it to the loading of the elevator! I took her down and baby swapped with DH and my DS got to ride a second time with me.

My kids now grown, but before I knew most of the chicken exits. lol

All kidding aside, I found tricking the children onto thrill rides worked well for me. They usually got over their fear/anger at me by the time we arrived at the next attraction. This worked for Splash Mountain with my youngest and ToT for my oldest. They now love these rides.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    All kidding aside, I found tricking the children onto thrill rides worked well for me. They usually got over their fear/anger at me by the time we arrived at the next attraction. This worked for Splash Mountain with my youngest and ToT for my oldest. They now love these rides.
    I had more luck with tricking them when they were little. I got away with it longer with my DS. My DD had a very high IQ and she was spooky, amazing what she knew and we had no idea of how. After a while I could tell by the look in her eye to give up, the gig was over.

I got my niece on Splash like that. When we did the final climb I told her to talk back to the Bird to get her to focus on something else. When she got off the ride and to my sister, she said Aunt Gabe displayed poor judgement. She was 4.

My youngest was about 4 when we tricked her onto Splash Mt...she was fine. kids are resilient.

I agree. Everytime I finally got them on an E Ticket ride they rode it from that point forward. I had my DS on Body Wars, when he just turned 3, in the days when they used age instead of height. He was laughing when he got off. Me? Well he fared better than me.

N.J.boy@N.C.St. is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    My youngest was about 4 when we tricked her onto Splash Mt...she was fine. kids are resilient.
    It took me until I was a bit older to get on ToT...but now I love it.

As far as I know of, just about every E-Ticket attraction does have a "chicken exit."

Also...my sister is autistic, but she has been on every E-ticket, and my mom refuses to go on them. Once she was tall enough for ToT (June 2009, she was 9...being autistic, she's tiny) my dad and I took her on and she loved it. She loves the thrill rides...and hates the slow stuff like Dumbo and iasw. Very much the reverse of most autistic kids...the higher scarier and faster, the more she likes it. Just a short commentary.

Like the conciseness of the TR...enough to get the gist of what was going on.
    Follow me on twitter! http://twitter.com/NJboyatNCstate

June 1997, July 2002, August 2005, August 2006, February 2008, July 2008, August 2008, June 2009, July 2010, November 2010, July 2011

2011 Trip Report:
    Part 1: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...nto-parks.html
    Part 2: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...7-23-11-a.html
    Part 3: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...24-7-26-a.html
    Part 4: http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...e-already.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast