Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss MartianCrab's Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; I got back today from a Thursday-Sunday trip to Walt Disney World. It was our first trip in almost 2 years. We have been going in December for almost a ...
    MartianCrab is offline Fastpass Holder

MartianCrab's Trip Report

I got back today from a Thursday-Sunday trip to Walt Disney World. It was our first trip in almost 2 years. We have been going in December for almost a decade. October turned out to be a good time to visit. It was a lot of fun.
    Here's an awful screen shot of me and one of my daughters from Spaceship Earth's interactive video doohickey.

I don't know why our pictures have "holes" in them. I guess this technology isn't perfected.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Re: MartianCrab's Trip Report

We live in south Florida and I left work at 2PM on Thursday. We were on the Turnpike just before 4pm. We arrived at All Star Movies just before 7pm, checked in and then hit Downtown Disney for dinner at Earl of Sandwich. The Earl wasn't picture-worthy but the Cirque de SoLame building looked nice so I snapped a picture of that instead.

I didn't go into the House of Blues but I did get a pint of Guinness at that Irish pub.
    I think it was called Paddy O'Furniture's.
    “The trouble with quotes on the Internet is one never knows if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

What a small world! We met some friends while in Downtown Disney!

For those wondering about The Adventurers' Club here it is:

More impressive Disney stewardship. It's just sitting there empty. Nice plant placement, Disney management! It's so well camouflaged I almost forgot it existed.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Ahhhhhhh. My kind of trip report.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Here's my oldest. An odd thing about this photo was that there happened to be a big dog standing behind her. Can you see it?

It was strange weather. The weather was rainy at times but we had ponchos. One moment it would be completely overcast, the next it was warm and sunny, then back to drizzle. It got down in the 60s on Saturday night. The crowds were like the weather; sometimes we were stuck in huge crowds. Worst was when we waited 50 minutes to go on Big Thunder Mountain yet later, we walked right on It's a Small world. All in all the crowds were much better than what we are used to from our December trips.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    For those wondering about The Adventurers' Club here it is:

More impressive Disney stewardship. It's just sitting there empty. Nice plant placement, Disney management! It's so well camouflaged I almost forgot it existed.
    Sadness. I loved that place. Sometimes when Disney changes somethings it takes a while and I can say...OK, I get that, or kinda get that...this, this just demonstrates how lost Disney's overall vision is right now.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Sadness. I loved that place. Sometimes when Disney changes somethings it takes a while and I can say...OK, I get that, or kinda get that...this, this just demonstrates how lost Disney's overall vision is right now.
    No, not at all. They've already announced that they would be replacing Paradise Island with Hyperi... oh, I see what you mean.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Day 2: DHS & Epcot. No one wanted to go to Animal Kingdom...I wonder why?

This is my favorite thing about DHS...I love the Tower of Terror. The queue and the music loop are better than the actual ride in my opinion.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Enjoying the report.

Quote Originally Posted by MartianCrab View Post
    Day 2: DHS & Epcot. No one wanted to go to Animal Kingdom...I wonder why?
    Oh now... you just wait until Avatar is there. They'll be BEGGING to head to Animal Kingdom. Oh wait, no they won't.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_WDW_Daddy View Post
    Enjoying the report.
    Thanks! here's more.
    The first ride we tried to go on in DHS+ was the Toy Story Midway thing. We got to the park too late for a fastpass so we tried the line which seemed short. 25 minutes later we bailed on it. We weren't even halfway through the queue. We (me, my wife, 3 daughters, and my father-in-law) left through an emergency exit and ended up walking through some restricted hallways past a breakroom to escape. We didn't want to start our day wasting an hour in a line. Next, we tried the Great Movie Ride but it was not open due to some problem. We headed for the Backlot tour which was as dull as usual. My youngest enjoyed it though since she didn't remember the last time we visited.
    My oldest loves TGMR so we tried again and this time it was open. Our guide spoke a type of ebonics so that was a unique experience but somehow it was hard to believe her when she professed a "love for the classic movie". At that point we exhausted all we wanted to do except for the best two things: the Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster. We got fastpasses for Rn'R and then headed for the stand-by line of the ToT. It moved pretty quickly but slow enough for me to take some pictures while in line. My wife and father-in-law sat this one out. The four of us loved it. Then we ate lunch and waited for our Rn'R Fastpass to mature. I drank an expensive Disney beer with my lunch. Finally it was time to see Aerosmith. My youngest (6th grade) bailed on the Rn'R so it was me and my older two girls. Rn'r did not disappoint but it seemed darker inside than the last time I went on it. Finally we had enough of the Studios so we got in our suv and drove over to Epcot for the rest of the day. We never use the busses even though we stay on property. We find driving ourselves much easier. Next up, Epcot.

We got to Epcot and it was raining so on came the ponchos. We hit the Giant Golfball and after a 10 min wait got right in.
    Here's an odd picture of cartoon-me doing something futuresque:

...and that concluded our stay in "Future"world. I needed another beer so on to Mexico.

Now beers were $8!!! Time for Mr. Flask (I was prepared)
    Liquor was free for the rest of the night and Mrs.MartianCrab inherited the driving duties.
    Last edited by MartianCrab; 10-31-2011 at 05:13 PM.

We went on the Rio Del Tiempo (which in English translates roughly to: gringo cartoon birds defile our culture)
    and then we said adios to Mexico. With my $8 beer now a distant memory my mind turned to food. We by-passed whatever countries come after Mexico and went to China. My oldest daughter loves pandas and loves to shop so we shopped for pandas. I wandered around the China store for as long as I could stand it and then made a decision: I was eating in China with or without dining companions. Happily, my father-in-law joined me so we got some take-out. I ordered the beef noodle soupy thing and it was pretty good. My father-in-law had fried rice. Sadly there were peas and carrots in his rice. I knew then, I had ordered wisely.

Now it was time to get the others fed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast