Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Firemedic's Pre-trip Reports in the Vacation Planning forums; Hello all! Well it's that time again! We're hitting the road on another family vacation full of fun and adventure. This time, we have DW's sister and her husband and ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Firemedic's Pre-trip Reports

Hello all! Well it's that time again! We're hitting the road on another family vacation full of fun and adventure. This time, we have DW's sister and her husband and their 3 kids going with us. It's gonna be a great trip! They are so laid back (like Dw and I) and they like just about the same things as we do. My parents are going again as well. Let me tell ya that making ADR's were fun to do. Coordinating who wanted to go where and what time was good for everyone was actually a daunting task. Everyone made ME the official trip organizer. Not that I mind, because it's fun for me. I just wish I knew how many texts I shot back and forth to everyone getting everything done. Anyway, IT'S DONE! We should be getting our documents in a few days!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Re: Firemedic's Pre-trip Reports

This past Thursday, I started getting the car ready for the 12 hour trip ahead of us. Actually it's a GMC Yukon XL which I lovingly call it the "Family Truckster" from one of my favorite movies: National Lampoon's Vacation. Anyway, I changed the oil, changed the air filter, had the tires rotated and balanced, and topped off all the fluids in the engine and rear end. After all that, I washed and waxed the thing and steam cleaned the carpets (since the kids are so focused on spilling everything they can in there). That thing is ready for battle!!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Ok, so now that everything is falling into place for the trip, I remembered that I needed to call Disney to make sure all the ADR's were in order and to check that I had the correct reservation number written down. As the lady read back the info, we discovered a nice little problem. They had us down for two different places on the same night, which really ticked me off because I had been abundantly clear with that particular reservation when I called to make them. Anyway, I didn't get mad at the lady because she was really trying to help me get it fixed. We came to a decent resolution and everything worked out for the best. Can't complain about that.

Walt Disney

Now I'm trying to get the "little things" done before we can go. I have to take Dolly (our dog) to the vet to get her yearly booster shots before we can board her. I have to get all the kids' coin rolls to the bank and deposit them. Those monkeys have over $100 in coin rolls! I just spoke with Visa about redeeming our Disney points and it turns out that we have a nice little bonus of $204! They are sending the gift card this week. Gotta love that! So far things are clicking along nicely.

Walt Disney

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Sounds like you're on top of things and just about ready to go! Have a great time! Where will you be staying?
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Sounds like it is a well laid plan.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    They had us down for two different places on the same night, which really ticked me off because I had been abundantly clear with that particular reservation when I called to make them. Anyway, I didn't get mad at the lady because she was really trying to help me get it fixed. We came to a decent resolution and everything worked out for the best. Can't complain about that.
    Which place was it for?

. I have to get all the kids' coin rolls to the bank and deposit them. Those monkeys have over $100 in coin rolls! I just spoke with Visa about redeeming our Disney points and it turns out that we have a nice little bonus of $204! They are sending the gift card this week. Gotta love that! So far things are clicking along nicely.
    Funny how we save for our bonus money for our trips. I have a 50 year old glass water cooler bottle. My kids use to stash their garage sale money, later years, Grandma!

I'm almost half way to my bonus money goal.

Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

yayaya!!!

when are you going?! where are your staying? how long?!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    Sounds like you're on top of things and just about ready to go! Have a great time! Where will you be staying?
    We just changed our resort to the Caribbean Beach. We got the free dining so we upgraded from All Star Movies. Nothing wrong with the All Stars, but if I can stay a little more centrally located to things, I'm there!

Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore79 View Post
    yayaya!!!

when are you going?! where are your staying? how long?!
    We are staying Nov 18-25 at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Can't wait!!!

Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Which place was it for?

Funny how we save for our bonus money for our trips. I have a 50 year old glass water cooler bottle. My kids use to stash their garage sale money, later years, Grandma!

I'm almost half way to my bonus money goal.
    I think the ADR was for San Angel Inn and 50's Prime Time, but I'm not sure. It's all been a blurr!

Walt Disney

Well now, this morning DW tells me that her brakes are making a light squeaking noise when she stops. Luckily I'm on shift today and these guys usually have every tool known to mankind in their vehicles. She's bringing the car over around noon and we're going to replace the brake pads on all four wheels. Nice to have my own "pit crew" here. I don't even have to ask these guys for help, they just jump right in. Brotherhood is great! Anyway, I ended up having the chance to upgrade to a moderate resort the other day. We were able to get rooms at the Caribbean Beach Resort! I have never stayed there and from everything that I've read, it seems pretty nice. The bonus is that the rooms have coffee makers and mini fridges in them. I was having to rent one at All Star Movies. I have started buying snacks and other things for the room so we don't have to mess around with the food court in the mornings. We can eat in the room and head out EARLY! We also bring snacks and bottled water in the backpack for the kiddos. I've been hoarding all that stuff lately so we don't have to make any last minute trips to the store. I hate having to do that. The most important things we are bringing are Community Coffee packs. That hotel coffee is horrible! Community is from Louisiana and it's got a wonderful full flavor. Other coffee is just not the same to us.

Walt Disney

I took our dog to the Vet Thursday. The poor thing got violated by the vet. At least the look on her face told me that. lol! She had blood drawn, shots, and things shoved up her tailpipe a couple of times. We had to get her yearly shots before we could board her there while we are gone. I thought we were just getting shots, but she needed her yearly checkup too. She ended up being very healthy and not so happy. lol! She normally has a sad look to her, but this time she meant it. When we got home, I washed her bed and dried it with extra fabric softener. She curled up on that thing and slept the rest of the day and into the night. That was another big thing done before the trip! Cross that off the list!

Walt Disney

Stay tuned guys, there's more to come!

Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

We are staying Nov 18-25 at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Can't wait!!!
    Your son is going to love that resort! Hope he gets a bit of pool time.

I think the ADR was for San Angel Inn and 50's Prime Time, but I'm not sure. It's all been a blurr!
    We have had our ressies disappear multiple times at Prime Time. Even when I had a print out Ive had them look at me like a walk in. I wonder when they are over booked or behind if they just cancel or move some around, like the guest is confused.

Keep that print out from home with you.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast