Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Only you can appreciate this! in the Vacation Planning forums; Not many people get a thrill out of my Disney tales like a true Disney fan can, so I want to share my excitement here! You all will appreciate the ...
    smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Only you can appreciate this!

Not many people get a thrill out of my Disney tales like a true Disney fan can, so I want to share my excitement here! You all will appreciate the fun!
    On our October trip, we had some amazing fun during our week. There are 5 events that really stand out for me:
    1) We attended Cirque de Soleil on our first night. It was such an amazing show! What an awesome way to start our trip!
    2) We did our first Eat to the Beat concert and watched Sugar Ray perform! They were OUTSTANDING! My 13 and 11 year old daughters are now fans, as well!
    3) I was selected to be a character at the street performance in Great Britain! A small search for the grail role earned me the coveted button, "Honorary World Showcase Player"! Much to my surprise when the show was over, I heard, "You're Mrs. Smith!" And sure enough, a student was there from school! His dad had been playing a role opposite me!
    4) We headed over to Soarin' to use our fast passes when we were greeted by a cast member who asked if we would like to go straight to the front of the line! Okay! So he took us outside to a back entrance where we loaded the ride immediately! As we were leaving, I heard a lady tell her son, "We will come back tomorrow when the line is not so long." You should have seen the child's smile when I gave them our fast passes! I loved it!
    5) Last, but not least, I am now a huge fan of Earl of Sandwich! I crave the Italian and must go back next October to indulge my needs!
    Just had to share! Have a magical day!!
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Re: Only you can appreciate this!

What a great trip! I was once a player in Great Brittan and had a great time. I tried to get my hubby up there and they picked me instead. I guess that's what I get for pushing him toward it.

I enjoy the Earl of Sandwich but I tend to get a salad!

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Been doing Earl of Sandwich since forever. s ucks now that they accept the dining plan because the line is always huge. Much better when they were stand-alone and no one ate there.

As for Sugar Ray, you couldn't get me to sit through their show. Not even for free. Not even if this were 1998.

Glad to hear you have some nice memorable things to look back on!
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I'm jealous that you got to see Sugar Ray. They're my second-most favorite band ever. I saw Howard Jones last year at Eat To The Beat. I didn't know who he was going in but I'm slightly addicted to him now.

LOVE Earl of Sandwich though. I've liked that from one of the first times I went there
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by WDW4Ever View Post
    I'm jealous that you got to see Sugar Ray. They're my second-most favorite band ever. I saw Howard Jones last year at Eat To The Beat. I didn't know who he was going in but I'm slightly addicted to him now.
    Howard had two or three hits in the 80s and then faded away. Kudos to Disney for always bringing back those who faded into obscurity. I've seen a few names pop up over the years that made me go, "Wow, I remember them..."
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Glad you had a great trip, thanks for sharing.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    Not many people get a thrill out of my Disney tales like a true Disney fan can, so I want to share my excitement here! You all will appreciate the fun!
    On our October trip, we had some amazing fun during our week. There are 5 events that really stand out for me:
    1) We attended Cirque de Soleil on our first night. It was such an amazing show! What an awesome way to start our trip!
    What a good idea when arriving to late to go to the parks!

4) We headed over to Soarin' to use our fast passes when we were greeted by a cast member who asked if we would like to go straight to the front of the line! Okay! So he took us outside to a back entrance where we loaded the ride immediately! As we were leaving, I heard a lady tell her son, "We will come back tomorrow when the line is not so long." You should have seen the child's smile when I gave them our fast passes! I loved it!
    I enjoy sharing fastpasses and I've received them a few times too. Bet the kid will remember the kind gesture.

5) Last, but not least, I am now a huge fan of Earl of Sandwich! I crave the Italian and must go back next October to indulge my needs!
    Just had to share! Have a magical day!!
    Earl is one of my favorite places. I'm not a big fan of the new DTD, I miss the quiet quaint Disney Market Place. Earl would have fit in well. Their Holiday sandwich is the best, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, lettuce and a bit of gravy. Soooo good and only seasonal.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 11-07-2011 at 09:56 AM.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

pinkemma666 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Its those extra special moments of a Disney trip that us fans love to share
    We may all grow old, but never grow up xx

Visit my blog at - www.daydreamingdisney.com

Facebook page - www.facebook.com/daydreamingdisney

Follow me on Twitter - @daydreamingdis

smith913 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Earl is one of my favorite places. I'm not a big fan of the new DTD, I miss the quiet quaint Disney Market Place. Earl would have fit in well. Their Holiday sandwich is the best, turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, lettuce and a bit of gravy. Soooo good and only seasonal.
    I did see an advertisement for that! I came so close to getting it because it looked so good! Someone else had recommended it, as well. Sooooo, I guess that means I really do have to go back to get one next year, right??
    Samantha

October 2005 - All Star Movies, October 2006 - Pop Century, October 2008 - Pop Century, October 2009 - Pop Century, October 2011 - Pop Century

firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

What a great thing to do for that kid! I've given up a few passes as well and it makes you feel really good! I'm also jealous that you were able to see Sugar Ray! Great band!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by smith913 View Post
    I did see an advertisement for that! I came so close to getting it because it looked so good! Someone else had recommended it, as well. Sooooo, I guess that means I really do have to go back to get one next year, right??
    Last year, same time frame Starbucks made the sandwich too! It was pretty darn close.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

Never been picked to be in World Showcase production, but I was picked to be in the first part of the Studio Backlot Tour. It was one of the highlights of my trip last February
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

That sounds most excellent.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.