Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Firemedic's Family Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Anyway, after we got her calmed down, she said that she would ride it again with me or DW. She was true to her word, and absolutely LOVED IT the ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Firemedic's Family Trip Report!

Anyway, after we got her calmed down, she said that she would ride it again with me or DW. She was true to her word, and absolutely LOVED IT the second time around! I actually lost track of how many times we rode it during the whole trip. Chandler LOVED it from the start!

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

While we were in the area and there were no crowds, we hit Thunder Mountain. That ended up being Chandler's favorite ride. After that, we went to the Haunted Mansion and rode that a couple of times. Then went through Fantasyland and got a fastpass for Peter Pan, then got on Small World and just our luck, got stuck in the middle of the ride! I had that song in my head for the rest of the day. Once we finally got off of that, we hit the Teacups. I actually handled that pretty well. I usually get a little nauseated on that one, but not this time. Then it was time to hit Tomorrowland!! MY favorite land of all! There was a small line for Space Mountain, so I took the kids and let them get some of that! Again, Anne was crying at the end, but rode it again and loved it.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Tomorrowland is my favorite also! Love the report!

We had ADR's for the Luau that evening at the Polynesian Resort. My sister-in-law and her family met us there. My kids were super excited that their cousins were spending the week with us. The Luau was pretty cool and the food was great! That was our first time with the Luau and we will definitely be going back. We decided to head back to the hotel and rest up for the next day's adventures.

Walt Disney

Day 3: We went to DHS for the day. We arrived right as the park opened and headed straight for Toy Story Mania to get a fast pass. When I got to the kiosks, there was a line that almost went out of Pixar Place! I waited for a few minutes and then asked a cast member about when the return time would be. He said it was already at 5:30 - 6:30!! That was completely insane!! We had ADR's at that time, so I didn't get any fast passes. We got on the Backlot Tour because the kids had never done that. They liked it pretty well until we got to Catasrophy Canyon. The little ones were not really enjoying that too much, but they recovered quickly and we moved on to The Muppets then to Star Tours.

Walt Disney

I'll have to say that Star Tours was very cool. They have redone the waiting line and there are about 50 different scenarios that you can get into during the ride. My favorites were the Battle of Hoth, the desert racing scene, and the Endor Forest. The ride on those were fairly rough, but very fun! Then we went to check out Indiana Jones because the kids had never done that either. They LOVED it! Chandler was cheering on the actors as they were falling off the buildings. He wanted to go check that out again, but we never got around to it. After that, we had lunch and let the kids run around the "big grass playground" as the kids would call it. After lunch settled, we went over to the Tower of Terror. We didn't get a chance to do this last time, so the kids were a little nervous about it. The little ones did pretty well until the first drop. You sure feel like a jerk when your DD is crying while the ride is going on and there is nothing you can do about it. I could barely function while being dropped and raised over and over again. They were all ok, but I think it's the last time they will get on that.

Walt Disney

We went on the GMR just to kill some time until our ADR's at 50's Prime Time Cafe. The ride was ok, the same as usual. We got into the cafe and we had a blast from the start! My brother-in-law (Harold), is a nut and a half and he's ALWAYS in a good mood. The waiter (Lazy Bob), did an outstanding job! He was in character from start to finish, and he and Harold had us laughing so hard that we could barely eat. Bob kept aggravating "Aunt Susan" and told her that Harold and I were not eating and that there was nothing she could do about it. She came over and gave us absolute h*ll! It was a wonderful experience and the food was excellent!

Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Sounds like a nice low key vacation. I remember my kids when they were small with the canyon, Yikes. We were more fortunate with TTT, it went up, it went down. Done. Disney added all the drops after they already loved it.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

DisneyDreamer13 is offline A good friend gets you out of jail, a great friend wakes up next to you!
    6,976km from Cinderella Castle / 408km from Sleeping Beauty Castle

Hey, loving reading the trip report, looking forward to seeing some photos, especially to see how much the kids have grown x
    x FIONA x
    1989 WDW Offsite1990 WDWOffsite1991Offsite/Contemporary1992 EuroDisney Offsite(schooltrip)
    1992 WDW Offsite/GrandFloridian2001 DLP Davy CrocketRanch2008 Offsite villa/Contempoary
    2009DLP Hotel Santa Fe 2010Clearwater/get married/POR
    Sisterhood of the travelling pirate in the pants

GroovyArtMomma is offline C-Ticket Holder

great report! Enjoying reading it.
    "One Mouse, One World"

Quote Originally Posted by GroovyArtMomma View Post
    great report! Enjoying reading it.
    Thanks!! I'm having a hard time trying to remember everything we did. We were wide open the whole time.

Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer13 View Post
    Hey, loving reading the trip report, looking forward to seeing some photos, especially to see how much the kids have grown x
    Hey Fiona!!!!! It sure has been a long time since I've heard from you. Great to see you here!!! Stay tuned, there's more report to come.

Walt Disney

After the Cafe, we headed over to see the Osborne Spectacle of Lights. That never gets old! I could sit there and watch all that for hours. However, we had six kids with us at the time so we were outvoted about watching for a while, and we went back over to Star Tours. After that, it was Rockin' Roller Coaster! This was our first time to ride this thing. All I can say is hang on for dear life and be sure to keep your head back! Being shot from 0 to 60 mph is a wild ride!! We loved it so much, we rode it a second time that night. Highly recommended for all you adrenaline junkies out there.

Walt Disney

It's around 10 pm by now, and we were headed for the buses. My sister-in-law realized that the MK had extra magic hours until 3 AM!! My mom and dad went back to the hotel while the rest of us went over to MK. The crowds were not bad and we were able to ride everything we wanted with little to no waiting. I don't know how the kids held up that long, but we left the MK at 2:50 that morning! I think we all passed out on the bus because I don't remember the ride back to the hotel.

Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Sounds like a nice low key vacation. I remember my kids when they were small with the canyon, Yikes. We were more fortunate with TTT, it went up, it went down. Done. Disney added all the drops after they already loved it.
    LOL, I am the one who hates TTT, hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Thanks!! I'm having a hard time trying to remember everything we did. We were wide open the whole time.
    Take a 3x5 notebook and write down the days highlights. Or a few index cards. Have the kids either draw a picture or write out what the days highlights were.
    It is a good way to keep them contained while eating, or get them settled at the end of the day. Plus those make decent scrap book stuff later.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast