Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Firemedic's Family Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Hey there gang! Well, unfortunately we're back from the magic. Nothing like being thrown back into the real world. We had a wonderful trip and we are planning another for ...
    firemedic is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Firemedic's Family Trip Report!

Hey there gang! Well, unfortunately we're back from the magic. Nothing like being thrown back into the real world. We had a wonderful trip and we are planning another for the same time next year! Can't wait for that one! We're still going through the pics right now, but we'll post some as soon as possible.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

Re: Firemedic's Family Trip Report!

OMG!!!! I just typed all of day 1, and the computer LOST it!! I don't feel like typing all that again right now. I'll try again later.

You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.
    Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Welcome back, sorry about day one, sadly posts are getting eat'n a lot lately.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head

Glad you are back. Better luck with next day one
    Last edited by SnwhtNdwrfs; 11-27-2011 at 09:00 PM.

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Sorry about the lost trip report, but glad you had a great trip.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Glad to hear that you had such a great time, and it's a shame about the lost first post. Did you click undo to see if it was still there?
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Hi, Jason, was this the best trip yet?
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Morning gang! Sorry about the delays, but I've been down with a nice stomach bug the last couple of days. Finally feeling a little human today. So, let me try to put up day 1 again.

Walt Disney

On our arrival at Caribbean Beach, I went right to the online check in window and waited a few minutes until a manager told me there was a free window just down the way. I went over and immediately realized that this wasn't going to be smooth at all. I got a trainee! Not that a trainee is a bad thing, it's just that this trainee could barely speak any english and could hardly understand the lady training her. While checking us in, she managed to shut down her computer and we had to start all over again once it was brought back on line. Anyway, we got checked in and unloaded everything in the rooms. We were in the Martinique building right next to the food court, shops, and bus stop. Great location!

Walt Disney

After we unloaded everything, we headed for EPCOT. We had ADR's at Coral Reef that night so we figured we would hit Future World. Once there, we went over to Soarin' and got fast passes, and while we were there, we rode Living With the Land and ate a light lunch. We then went over to Journey Into Imagination and rode that and let the kids play around in the interactive area. After that, it was Mission Space!! One of my favorites! I was kind of worried about Dad going on the orange version since he had a quadruple bypass a year ago. He said he was fine with it, and he had no adverse reactions. I was watching him closely! We then went back to Soarin' and rode that. I'll have to say that we WILL be doing that again! That was so cool!

Walt Disney

I had never done Soarin' before. I didn't know what I was missing! Our time at Coral Reef was coming up, so we headed over there. The atmosphere is pretty cool and we had a great seat near the aquarium. The food was pretty good too, not out of this world good, but very decent. After dinner, we went through the Innoventions buildings before we got on Test Track. My two little ones were too short to ride last trip, but this time they could ride. They handled it pretty well and didn't freak out. My son (Chandler) was leaning into those high speed turns with a big grin on his face! My middle daughter (Anne) was wide eyed the whole time, but she said that she really liked it. Both of those kids are daredevils! And since EPCOT had extra magic hours that night, we just hung around and went through the Living Seas and Universe of Energy. We wrapped up the night around midnight.

Walt Disney

Oh COME ON!! Day 2 just got lost as well!! This is really ticking me off!! Lou, something's got to give here!

Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Hmmm...hearing both pro and cons to advance check in. Disney has a big chunk of employees coming over on the International Program.

Sounds like you had fun on day one. You might want to send Lou and email, I'd skip trying to PM. He might appreciate your frustration, I read this tweet yesterday of his....

Loumongello Lou Mongello

I never realized how much an internet connection that is painfully slow & drops off often could kill one's productivity. #WaitingForRepair
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Quote Originally Posted by firemedic View Post
    Oh COME ON!! Day 2 just got lost as well!! This is really ticking me off!! Lou, something's got to give here!
    That has happened to me far too many times while writing a TR as well. I've learned to write it in Microsoft Word now and just copy and paste over here. Nice start though
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Ok, sorry again for the delays. Work seems to be getting in the way of things. Anyway, we hit the Mk on day 2. We started out heading towards Splash Mountain because Gracie (oldest DD) wanted to get there ASAP! We arrived to find NO line! Now keep in mind that this is the first time my two little ones have been on this thing. Anne (youngest DD) sat in the very front with Gracie and Chandler rode with me in the second row. Anne did pretty well until the second to the last drop. She was a little nervous then. After the big drop, I saw that she was crying her eyes out. No telling what Gracie told her right before we dropped.

Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast