Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss DopeyDancer's Pre-Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; Ahhhh I'm so excited!!! My boyfriend is taking me to my happy place for my 25th birthday for a week! Who wouldn't want to celebrate becoming a quarter century old ...
    DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

DopeyDancer's Pre-Trip Report!

Ahhhh I'm so excited!!!

My boyfriend is taking me to my happy place for my 25th birthday for a week! Who wouldn't want to celebrate becoming a quarter century old by being a 5 year old for a week!?

The details:

- Feb. 26-Mar. 3rd (We booked this long before the Leap Day Announcement was made and, no offense to those of you who took advantage of the 30% packages, but I hope its empty despite the hype for that week)

- Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - I haven't stayed here since 1992...I was 5. I can't wait to go back. So many memories of my grandparents (who have passed away) and learning how to swim with my dad in the King Triton themed pool and my mom taking my picture 100x over at that resort

Itinerary:

- Sunday, 2/26: We are taking a 6:15AM flight out of Islip, arriving at 9:05AM in Orlando (the earlier you arrive, the more time you have to play!). We are going to do online check in to see if we could have or room ready by the time we get to POFQ, which I am estimating to be around 11AM. I have never done online check in, though I have heard mixed reviews about it. Hopefully it works out for us.
    Ok, so a quick check in, drop our stuff in the room, freshen up and head to Animal Kingdom for a few hours. BF has never been there, so I want to show him the highlights of the park (all...3?) before heading to our ADR at Raglan Road. We can't wait to try it!
    As a general rule, I usually start all trips at MK, however, given the leap day celebration, we had to alter things a bit...

- Monday, 2/27: EPCOT all day. Biergarten for dinner. I had a terrible experience at Biergarten when I went a few years ago, however, the BF is dying to try a real German restaurant, so I agreed to go as long as we can polish off the night with a French Pastry

- Tuesday, 2/28: DHS all day. Rose & Crown for dinner since we will have park hopper passes- I personally would like to change this to Nine Dragons since I feel like there is very little variation in our dinner choice until this point, but a certain BF of mine has their heart set on this.

- Wednesday, 2/29: LEAP DAY!!!!!! Breakfast at Kona Cafe so I can FINALLY try Tonga Toast! We made a 10:45 reservation so we can sleep in a little bit because our goal is to remain in MK until 6AM that morning. My cousins (one of which works for Disney) will be joining us for the all night extravaganza mid-afternoon, so until they get there BF & I will be hotel hopping. I am so excited about pulling an all-nighter in MK, I have stayed in the park as late at 3AM in the past back when they did E-Ride night and I used to love it

Thursday, 3/1: Relaxing Day - Given the long day we will have the night before, we plan on sleeping in til about noon, then having a pool/mini-golf day at Fantasia Gardens. We didn't make a dining reservation, but we are planning to get dinner somewhere on the Boardwalk that night, preferably Big River Grille or Beaches N' Cream (mmmm ice cream!)

Friday, 3/2: MY 25TH BIRTHDAY! Spending the day at MK with my cousins, then Paul & I have a dining reservation at Crystal Palace, another place I haven't been in years . It's our last night, which means fireworks, the kiss goodnight, and a depressing bus ride back to the resort.

Saturday, 3/3: Check out, cry a little, 3:15 flight back to Islip, cry a little more, then pick up my puppy from the dog sitter and head back to reality.

The goals of this trip are to do things I have always wanted to do, but never did. That's why we are eating in places I have never been before, staying in a hotel I haven't been to in years, and running on pure adrenaline until 6AM as I cause havoc in the parks.

According to the Disney Vacation Countdown on my phone, we leave in 48 days...is it too soon to start packing?!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Re: DopeyDancer's Pre-Trip Report!

That all sounds really, really good. You have planned it well/.

Express check in online did not work for me, last trip, but that is because the All Stars are SO full all the time and housekeeping needs time to turn the rooms over. Nicer resorts might be faster, but we did get our park packet and catch the bus on in.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

I used Online check in twice and both times I never had an issue. I went in mid February, so maybe the lighter crowds had something to do with it
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Have a great trip.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87 View Post
    Who wouldn't want to celebrate becoming a quarter century old by being a 5 year old for a week!?
    I absolutely love that line! That is SO true!

Quote Originally Posted by DopeyDancer87
    We are going to do online check in to see if we could have or room ready by the time we get to POFQ, which I am estimating to be around 11AM. I have never done online check in, though I have heard mixed reviews about it.
    We almost always arrive on property around 11am(ish) and using Online Check-in our room has always been ready. It's more likely to work out that way during off-peak (or at least not peak peak) so you will probably be ok.

The goals of this trip are to do things I have always wanted to do, but never did.
    Sometimes those are the best trips!! Switch things up... create new memories in a place where you already have so many.

According to the Disney Vacation Countdown on my phone, we leave in 48 days...is it too soon to start packing?!
    Never!!! Pack now woman!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Thanks for the advice everyone! I will report back on how online check in worked for me :-)

And yes, in case anyone is wondering, I have started putting a few things aside to pack...45 days to go, can never be too prepared! HA!

Does anyone else feel like our dining choices are all too similar?

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

[QUOTE=DopeyDancer87;988859]Ahhhh I'm so excited!!!

- Port Orleans French Quarter Resort - I haven't stayed here since 1992...I was 5. I can't wait to go back. So many memories of my grandparents (who have passed away) and learning how to swim with my dad in the King Triton themed pool and my mom taking my picture 100x over at that resort
    That was the first year we stayed there too with my then 5 year old too! Good memories here too!

Itinerary:

- Monday, 2/27: EPCOT all day. Biergarten for dinner. I had a terrible experience at Biergarten when I went a few years ago, however, the BF is dying to try a real German restaurant, so I agreed to go as long as we can polish off the night with a French Pastry
    I loved Biergarten when it was a menu resturant. Saurbraten was to die for. My suggestion if it isnt too crowded at Epcot that day. Use restrooms in lobby during day, pop over and look at Buffet and see if you think the food appeals to you and worth the $$. Some like it, I wasn't a fan but maybe it got better.

- Tuesday, 2/28: DHS all day. Rose & Crown for dinner since we will have park hopper passes- I personally would like to change this to Nine Dragons since I feel like there is very little variation in our dinner choice until this point, but a certain BF of mine has their heart set on this.
    I love Rose and Crown, fun too. Take it any day over Nine Dragons.

- Wednesday, 2/29: LEAP DAY!!!!!! Breakfast at Kona Cafe so I can
    FINALLY try Tonga Toast! We made a 10:45 reservation so we can sleep in a little bit because our goal is to remain in MK until 6AM that morning. My cousins (one of which works for Disney) will be joining us for the all night extravaganza mid-afternoon, so until they get there BF & I will be hotel hopping. I am so excited about pulling an all-nighter in MK, I have stayed in the park as late at 3AM in the past back when they did E-Ride night and I used to love it
    I could eat at Kona everyday.
    Tonga Toast Slurp! Their steak is so good, as is their crab cake appetiser.

Thursday, 3/1: Relaxing Day - Given the long day we will have the night before, we plan on sleeping in til about noon, then having a pool/mini-golf day at Fantasia Gardens. We didn't make a dining reservation, but we are planning to get dinner somewhere on the Boardwalk that night, preferably Big River Grille or Beaches N' Cream (mmmm ice cream!)
    Big River Grille. They really improved their burgers.

Quality is so much better.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Thanks for all the advice!

I am hoping Biergarten will be better than last time. I do like German food and my boyfriend LOVES it...however, I went a few years ago and everything was cold and overcooked horribly. The only thing I remember eating were cold potatoes that had no taste to them because all the meats were hard as a rock and cold. It was horrible.

I haven't been to Rose & Crown, usually because we go with my younger brothers, whose appetite is picky to say the least and the menu seems really limited. I am not a fish & chips kind of gal, what would you suggest from the menu?

*My Visits*