Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Review:Lunch at CRT in the Vacation Planning forums; In mid-June, I had a chance to experience WDW's new character luncheon at Cinderella's Royal Table. It was a special treat for my little 5 year old princess. We had ...
    DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.

Review:Lunch at CRT

In mid-June, I had a chance to experience WDW's new character luncheon at Cinderella's Royal Table.

It was a special treat for my little 5 year old princess. We had previously enjoyed the CRT breakfast, but this was a new experience. And as it turned out on the day of our lunch, the chance to dine indoors in air conditioning was just another treat to beat the mid-day heat!

We enjoyed the park all morning, and when I had made my PS, it was for 120 p.m., the earliest lunch appt I could get when I called 2 months prior. However, as it happened, we were ready to eat around 12:30, so we went to the castle, and were lucky enough to get seated early, after only a 10 minute wait.

After saying Hi to the Fairy Godmother seated in the downstairs area of the castle, we were called upstairs, where my daughter, my 7 year old son, and myself were seated.

The menu was different, and they had some of the typical kid fare (chicken strips or pretzel dog or pasta in this case) but also some different things as well, that I found interesting. Kids could order a kid-sized version on the Major Domo, the popular beef, veggie, mashed potato pot pie dish, called the "Minor" Domo.

I ordered the Major Domo, my daughter had the pasta and my son, the chicken strips. Our friendly server then bought us appetizers,which are included with the new menu-for kids, it was cheese cubes and strips and veggies, and for me, the entree included an appetizer tray with brushetta, crab cakes, and salmon. It was all great, and with a week of counter service Disney food, I was happy to see my kids enjoying some fruit and dairy products, which we did!

The entree was brought out very quickly, and it was all delicious. The entree choices are short, but really all had looked good to me, I was pleased. Kids and I ate well. (And I tried the kids food, and it was tasty, also!)

The timing was great with the characters-Belle, Cinderella (of course!) Mary Poppins (in full charecter, telling my kids to get on their feet "spit-spot" for a photo!) and Sleeping Beauty were all there, and were delightful!

After the meal, we get desert. Kids get an ice cream sundae topped with a chocolate crown-YUM! and they loved it. For the big kids, they bring a blueberry cobbler topped with a lemon ice cream. It was good, very sweet, but after my meal, I was stuffed.

We had a great time. And this small dining room was fairly crowded, but the brought the food out quickly and table turnouver was fast. We had a great time, I think the lunch is a great break in the middle of the day for any special princess, prince, or Queen and King to enjoy!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Great report Dis. Hey was this a hard PS to get and did you find the price to be good for the meal?

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

I made a PS early, and I think because it was the first week it was a character meal, it was hard to get a ps-I think as I recall when I made it, the lunch did not start until 12 and was over at 2:30, and at the time, I could only get 1:30 or 2 for a time, and I called EARLY on in my planning. But since I could walk in early, I am guessing they were just being careful with times the first week or so, maybe they were still working out the kinks.

The food was not bad, yes, a bit pricey, but we were paying for the atmosphere and the character experience in the castle with my daughter, which was priceless. Food was OK, what I liked about the menu was that the choices were not the "usual" disney food fare-kind of different items (Like salmon, the Major Dome Pie, the appetizers, etc...) so for the whole experience, I think I got my money's worth, and if my daughter really wanted to do it again, I would be willing to!

Thanks Nic

Girls and I are going to have to add this to our meal plan. I wonder if this on the Magic your way meal list? I'm going to have to check Disney.com. Thanks again.

I'm sure you will enjoy it, the experience was certainly one of the many highlights of our trip!
    PS- my daughter recommends the baked pasta marinara that she had from the kids menu.

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Jedi- yes it is on the meal plan for the magic your way(at least as of last week)...we were going to book there but chose the Gala Feast at 1900 park fare instead because of choice of menu and all you can eat plus you still get to meet cindy....i had no porblem getting the time i wanted there by calling 90 days in advance(go to allearsnet for a link to a PS calculator)...the castle might be a bit harder to get at the time you want tho i asked out of curiousity if there were any for that day also----i had my choice of any time....i was told that the latest seating for any restaurant in MK for that day was 6pm--something to do with crowd projections, etc...they release more closer to the actual date.
    good luck
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Thanks Vixen