Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Blaze Family Trip - Easter Week '12 in the Vacation Planning forums; Getting back to life as normal without the magic...My wife and I took our 4 year old son and 9 month old daughter, 3rd trip for my son, 1st for ...
    40turning7 is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool Blaze Family Trip - Easter Week '12

Getting back to life as normal without the magic...My wife and I took our 4 year old son and 9 month old daughter, 3rd trip for my son, 1st for my daughter. Stayed at Pop Century then moved to Kidani Village for the second half of our trip. Never stayed at a value, had a great experience in Pop. From the great food - Shrimp Lo Mein some of the best I've had - to the pool and the cast members. Would easily go back again. Kidani Village was spectacular, with the savanna view every morning (grazing zebras and giraffes). Stayed at Jumbo house a few years ago and had a great time as well. My son LOVED the kid’s water play area and giant water slide.
    So my wife and I had spent considerable time planning out events, dinners, lunch, park trips, etc to correspond with her conference schedule and make sure my son would be able to see and ride everything he was excited to see. Even signed up for touring plans.com as well – had that site and the official app going all day in the parks, using fast pass, etc. Each day we had at least one change to a meal or a park but I have to say the folks at the Disney Reservation system were SO helpful and we easily changed plans on the fly, even during such a crowded time.
    2 items of note for future travelers….

1. Frontierland at night is SPECTACULAR, the low light level, the random dimming of the lights suggesting that they are candle lights really put you in the story
    2. EMH at night, especially after the fireworks…No wait at Dumbo, even during the fireworks, say them from the attraction…15 min at Peter Pan, Jungle cruise at night really changes the experience.

Next year we will be spending more time at night to really take in the experience.

Happy Trails

NC_WDW_Daddy is offline Annual Passholder

Re: Blaze Family Trip - Easter Week '12

Great tips, we really enjoyed Jungle Cruise and BTMRR at night. Fireworks from the Swiss Family Tree House was different as well.

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: Blaze Family Trip - Easter Week '12

Sounds like a fun time. I agree, Frontierland at night is one of my very favorite things in WDW, love it.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney