Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Just booked for next Wednesday! in the Vacation Planning forums; This is easily the most spontaneous trip to WDW I will have ever taken. My family is going down on Sunday May 27th and my step-dad just informed me that ...
    nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

Just booked for next Wednesday!

This is easily the most spontaneous trip to WDW I will have ever taken. My family is going down on Sunday May 27th and my step-dad just informed me that he has air miles for me to use if I wanted to go with. They would try to change their reservation ( for 4 people) from French Quarter to Riverside (for 5 people) in order to get the trundle or murphy bed. After making some calls this morning it turns out that all of those rooms were booked and there was no possibility of getting a moderate room for 5. After some discussion my girlfriend and I decided to get our own room at All Star Sports and utilize my family's air miles! So anyway we booked today for 6 nights checking in on Wednesday May 30th!

I don't even know how to plan for something like this since all of my other trips have been planned at least 6 months in advance. Any advice from the spontaneous crowd out there?

My main issue is with the ADRs that my family already has booked. They have every ADR booked for 4 people. We are planning on trying to just show up to the ADR with an extra two people and seeing if they can accommodate us? Do any of you have any experience doing this? I've been looking online to make similar ADRs for 6 people and then cancel the 4 person ones, but nothing is really available. Do you think it would be possible to call Disney and see if they can modify the number of guests on each ADR?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Just booked for next Wednesday!

I've done a trip in four days. Last month a did a trip in a few weeks. It was great, got the adrenaline going.

We were able to get several walk up ADR's. We've been there the week you are going and it was pretty peaceful so maybe you will also luck out. Where do they have ADRs at?
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

nicks10 is offline @nick_straka

They have reservations at a few places before we arrive, but after we get there they are scheduled for Sci-fi, Coral Reef, Le Cellier (lunch), Tusker House (lunch), and Teppan Edo.
    -Nick

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy"

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by nicks10 View Post
    They have reservations at a few places before we arrive, but after we get there they are scheduled for Sci-fi, Coral Reef, Le Cellier (lunch), Tusker House (lunch), and Teppan Edo.
    Teppan Edo is one the walk ups we did at dinner, not a problem. Be interested to see how you are responded to at Tusker. Their greeters have been known to be somewhat snarky lately. Sci-fi had ADR's available as walk ups as did Coral. Coral has changed their menu and my opinion, not for the better.
    Guest relations at the parks last month had a sign outside their main door. It listed the sit down restaurants which were marked, Full, lunch or dinner available and then some said check with greeter for specific times available. When we reached Teppan, we had the choice of about anytime we wanted and the food was excellent.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.