Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: What is your favorite WDW Water Park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Favorite Water Park in the Vacation Planning forums; Which is your favorite WDW Water Park?...
    Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin

Favorite Water Park

Which is your favorite WDW Water Park?

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Luxury Disney is offline Moderator
    My husband and I divide our time between Port Aransas, Texas, and Crested Butte, Colorado
    I have to say I'm quite the chicken when it comes to water slides so Typhoon Lagoon is the place for me. I also think it's a more attractive park than Blizzard Beach. Of course, daredevils should always head to BB.
    Cara Goldsbury
    Author of "The Luxury Guide to Walt Disney World"
    info@luxurydisneyguide.com
    www.luxurydisneyguide.com

LaBretonne2002 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I loved Typhoon Lagoon when I was there. It was the first water park I ever went to. I loved it! My favorite was the wave pool!

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Hope to hit a water park when I go this time...

hear the lines for River Country are pretty small these days
    Lou Mongello

TrendyMagic is offline On Mars
    Might be hard to get in Lou, but once in you should be able to do what you want when you want without wait.

Is the Bacteria-Laden River Ride still open?
    Lou Mongello

It is! and with 50% less Bacteria thanks to a guy named Charley!

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    where is the river ride

Kellie,

The place we are talking about is River Country which closed last year with no plans to reopen. Since it has been sitting there for so long I am sure no chlorine has been added to the water where possible. Lou's looking to hop the gates his next trip.

epcot man is offline B-Ticket Holder
    i think i prefer typhoon lagoon as it just seems bigger and has more about it but there's not much between that and BB
    <Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'september 9th 2004 9:09:04 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=darkred>clearing for take off :crazy: </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'we have lift-off';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    i haven't been to one yet, but if I were to go which one would be better to go to for my 4 & 8 year old kids.

It would depend on what you really want to do. Blizzard has more slides and two kid areas. While Typhoon has the large wave pool which many like. Do you spend the day relaxing at the water park or spend it running around from slide to slide? I do enjoy Typhoon more because of the shark/fish tank and the wave pool.

I think I'm hitting Blizzard when I go... Then again, is there a really itty-bitty kiddie pool there for a 10 mo. old to wade in?
    Lou Mongello

crashbunny is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    Is the Bacteria-Laden River Ride still open?

this is sooooo true - when I got on this the first time I ended up with a massive ear infection from plopping in the water- the doctor said that it didnt take much - since I'm prone to them - wasnt quite sure of how deep it was- needless to say - I was not a happy camper and we were really careful the next few times we went and then never went back after Typhoon Lagoon opened...

Which of the two parks (if either) has an area that a 10 mo. old can wade and play in?
    Lou Mongello

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast