Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report - June 2-8 2012 in the Vacation Planning forums; Trip Report - June 2, 2012 Today was the day! It's been 18 long months since my last trip to Walt Disney World! Who was going: Me - Julie - ...
    OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Trip Report - June 2-8 2012

Trip Report - June 2, 2012

Today was the day! It's been 18 long months since my last trip to Walt Disney World!

Who was going:

Me - Julie - 26 - two weeks to 27

My sister - Janelle - 24

My mom - 21

We woke up at 4:30 a.m. to catch our plane which took off at 7:20 a.m. My mom was impossible to get up. We tried four times before she finally moved her butt. We ended up being late - as always when traveling with my mom. We left at 5:15 a.m. and booked it to Atlantic City International. My dad works for Spirit Airlines, so of course we chose this airline. They have a lot of hidden fees, but enough of that! We seriously got through security and it was time to board already.

I'm a pretty nervous flyer even though I've flown a million times, I'm still scared. I took my prescription medicine and before I knew it, we were in Orlando!

As soon as we got off the jetway, I could feel the heat. Oh boy, it's going to be a HOT one. We jumped on the unofficial monorail and eventually made our way to magical express. We were on our way to Animal Kingdom Lodge:

Attachment 5145

This was the view from our room. So amazing.

Attachment 5152

We decided to get going to EPCOT. It was so hot out, but we wanted to eat some real food. So off we went.

I purchased my season pass - ouch. Prices increased on June 3, 2012. I have the DVC discount and before they gave you $100.00 off of your annual pass. This year, Disney raised the ticket prices by $50 (annual pass tickets), and gave DVC members $150.00 off. So even though the price increased, it stayed the same for DVC folks. Thanks mom and dad!

First stop - FOOD. We went to sunshine season's in the Land Pavilion hoping they had my butterfinger cheesecake. No dice. Bummer. I settled for a chicken caesar salad (yummmm by the way), and my mom got me a piece of cheesecake. I swear, the desserts here are twice as amazing as elsewhere.

My Brother who lives in Florida joined us and we went on living with the land. It's a nice ride to cool off and relax. I always loved taking pictures of the hidden mickeys.

Attachment 5153

Attachment 5154

After the ride we went and took a picture with Duffy. Poor guy - no line for him even when the park is packed. We then went to Spaceship earth and cooled off again. The high today was 95 with 100% humidity. Ugh, no me gusta. After that, I called it a day. I went back to the room and got my swim suit on. Before the pool I spoted some cattle outside our room.

Name:  DSCN2774.JPG
Views: 31
Size:  124.3 KB

The pool was ok. Our room was at the end of the building so it was a long walk. I'm not a fan of the location of the pool, but it was a nice area. I like that the kids area has a lot to do. It was just so crowded that I couldn't really relax or enjoy the swim.
    we had a one bedroom villa and I chose to sleep on the sleeper chair that night. It was pretty comfy. Right before I passed out, I noticed fireworks over the trees. I could see the magic kingdom fireworks! So lucky!!!

End of day 1

Believing in yourself never goes out of style

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

Re: Trip Report - June 2-8 2012

cant wait to hear more! i will be workin on my trip report this week now that i will have some free time!!
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

OldKeyWestgirl is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Trip Report - June 2-8 2012

http://youtu.be/KLghydQTxvI

Here is a video of day 1, part 1!

Believing in yourself never goes out of style