Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip in the Vacation Planning forums; HI everyone!! It's been about 3 weeks since we returned from Walt Disney World (16 days) and I finally have some free time to start my trip report! So, hope ...
    eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip

HI everyone!! It's been about 3 weeks since we returned from Walt Disney World (16 days) and I finally have some free time to start my trip report! So, hope you are ready for LOTS of pictures and reviews of what we enjoyed!

I want to start off this report by again thanking LOU MONGELLO from WDW RADIO and BECI MAHNKEN from MEI/MOUSEFAN TRAVEL for this wonderful trip that I enjoyed with my daughter Kayla and my mom Sandy! We truly APPRECIATE it more than you both would know!

We had an early flight out of Midway Airport in Chicago...6am! We woke up by 3am and left by about 3:45am and made it to the airport by 4:30am. I had done online check-in the day before so already had our boarding passes printed up and we only had 1 bag to check with AirTran. We got through security with no problems, and made our way to our concourse. We eagerly awaited 5am when McDonald's opened so we could get some breakfast! I enjoyed my large Carmel Frappe but was soo hoping it was a Dole Whip!

We boarded the plane about 5:40am and just a couple minutes after 6am we were up in the sky on our way to Florida!! We did land about 10 minuted early about 9:30am at Orlando International Airport and were greeted by some plush Mickey and Minnie's at a small shop near our gate! What a GREAT way to start the trip! We headed towards the "Monorail" to baggage claim, stopping first at the restrooms, and there was a cool game on the wall that was touch activated and had some interesting symbols on them...I swear one looked like the old Epcot Center logo! (I think I have a picture of it, if I find it I will post it!)

Finally we stepped off the Monorail, and into the main atrium of MCO past the security gates, and saw this....

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-001.jpg

I literally zoned in on the store and got a huge smile on my face as we walked closer and closer! Of course we had to take the obligatory pictures, this is becoming a tradition!!

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-005.jpgMay 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-008.jpg

We stopped at baggage claim and got our bag and headed down to Magical Express! I was surprised as we walked up with how EMPTY it was! Last time we were there back in August it was packed! Guess cause it was a different time of the year, summer versus late spring! We had to get our ME vouchers, which took the CM a couple minutes to find even though I had the reservation number! Kayla recieved some stickers from the CM and we headed towards the bus!

We were the 2nd family on the bus and were able to sit in the FRONT seat!! SCORE! I was soo excited to be able to get those MAGICAL pictures of us arriving on property and the entrance sign! I started tearing up, it was hitting me, we were IN FLORIDA on the MAGICAL EXPRESS on our way to WALT DISNEY WORLD!! I was HOME!!!!

We had a driver who was training and did a great job of getting us onto property in no time! Loved watching the ME video and seeing the palm trees along the highway!! I spotted the Characters in Flight balloon when we were a couple miles away from the entrance, which was neat to be able to know what it was before the driver announced it!

Finally...we saw this...

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-023.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

Re: May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip

Hooray! I have been waiting for this!
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd

WOOT! I already teared up - I'm ridiculous. SOOOO thrilled for you girl! Keep it coming...
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

So we arrived on property just before 11am...and at Port Orleans French Quarter a couple minutes after 11am!

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-027.jpg

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-030.jpg

We checked in, found out our room wasn't ready, but received an "upgrade" to a room that was ready with a garden view on the 3rd floor in Building 5! FYI, it wasn't really a garden, but a area with bushes and trees, but did have a slight view of the entrance to the hot tub/pool! I have to say, it was nice, we were near the stairs, which after a couple days weren't too bad to go up and down, but I think we will in the future stay with our floor level rooms, much easier!

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-032.jpg

This resort was BEAUTIFUL!!! I kept saying over and over, I am spoiled now by this resort and will want to stay at moderate level from now on! We didn't even get a chance to really walk the whole resort area, but we did throughout the week walk near the Sassagoula River some and around the main building, but with all the flowers and magnolia trees and palm trees...was soo calming and pretty!

We dropped our stuff in the room, took a few pictures, and then changed to enjoy the pool for a while! We were hot and sticky from traveling since 6am CST, now it was going on noon EST, and needed the refreshment! Kayla and I spent about an hour in the pool, including a few rides down the water slide! That was SOO fun...I did it about 2 or 3 times...Kayla maybe a dozen!! I was worried too, since I have a bad knee how I would be able to sit down, but there was a small ledge and a grip bar, so it was very easy to ease my way down! It was also neat to note, that there was a stoplight at the top of the pool so you knew when you slide down...if the light was red you had to wait but when it turned green you could go. Very simple to explain to your child! At first I was nervous with not accompanying Kayla up to the top, but after a couple times it was easier to catch her at the bottom. The slide let off in the pool which was about 3.5 feet at the slide drop, so very good for the little ones!

I remember sitting at the edge of the pool, looking up at the palm trees and watching Kayla slide, and thinking "this is the good life" (yes, to the tune of the song!) It was soo enjoyable to be out of Chicago, away from all the issues in my life that have been overwhelming me for the past few months/years! Looking back I wish we would of spent more time just relaxing at the pool, and especially since I didn't get any pictures of Kayla in the pool. My mom took a picture on her cell phone but it didn't come out very well.

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-040.jpg

May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip-033.jpg

After about an hour in the pool, about 1pm, we headed back to the room and changed clothes and got ready to head to Epcot for the afternoon. Of course we had to turn on resort tv and check out Stacey! Yup...mostly the same program as it was last August, but with Flower and Garden and Star Wars Weekends ads added! I still don't like when she is riding Dumbo (rip Fantasyland behind Castle) and calls him a good boy...Kayla imitates that and it just bothers me. LOL

We had ADRs at Via Napoli for 4pm and wanted to get there a little early to try to see some attractions and make our way around to the back of World Showcase! We grabbed a couple of our refillable mugs that was included in the dining plan, and got a couple snacks and headed to the bus stop to wait for the bus to Epcot!

Up next..."Let the memories begin" at Epcot...Flower and Garden...and Italy!

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...

POFQ is lovely, happy to hear that you loved it. Did you walk down to POR? It's such a pretty and relaxing walk between the two, and POR is just as gorgeous (and it's favorite moderate )
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Thumper10 View Post
    POFQ is lovely, happy to hear that you loved it. Did you walk down to POR? It's such a pretty and relaxing walk between the two, and POR is just as gorgeous (and it's favorite moderate )
    No, we didn't make it to POR unfortunatly, except for a few stops a couple times on the bus route! That resort looks HUGE though!! Hopefully next time we will get to visit more resorts and look around!

JohnO is offline C-Ticket Holder

Cool Re: May 22nd-May 28th, 2012 Jamie's WDW Radio 40 Hour Contest Trip

Sounds like a great start to the 40 Hour contest trip!! I have to say, I know what you mean about getting away from Chicago! It will always be "home" but, I'm glad I don't live there anymore. Much nicer down here in the south, plus, Im less than 400 miles from WDW!

Keep it going!
    77- Disneyland 89- Disneyland 94- WDW ASSp 95- WDW OKW 98- WDW Hol.Inn MG 99- WDW Off Prop. 06- WDW ASMov 2/8 -2/16 07- WDW Pop 2/4 - 2/14 07- WDW All Star Mus 9/11 - 9/17 08- WDW ASMov 10/27 - 10/30 08- DCL Wonder 10/30 - 11/2 09- WDW AS Mov 9/21 - 9/27 09- DCL Wonder 9/27 - 10/1 10- WDW Off Prop. 4/23- 4/25 10- DCL Magic 7ngt Estrn 10/23-10/30 10- WDW CSR 10/30-11/1 12 - POR 1/8 - 1/15 392 Miles from WDW
    I Survived the 40 Hr Live Show Oct. 1 - 2/2011
    Johnoinsc in 'The Box'