Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Trip Report June 10 and June 12 in the Vacation Planning forums; Going against every crowd forcasting site we visited the Magic Kingdom on a June Monday. I knew it was going to be crowded when we parked in one of the ...
    prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Trip Report June 10 and June 12

Going against every crowd forcasting site we visited the Magic Kingdom on a June Monday. I knew it was going to be crowded when we parked in one of the last rows of Hook in the villians lot. This is where I got to exercise my patience, after seeing a young boy swing open his car door dinging the car next to him while his parents didn't say anything. The next indication of the crowd was having to wait 45min. in the ferry line just to get to the first turnstyles. Before I go on, lots of people on this forum have experienced Floriday heat in June. WOW!!!! Extremely hot and humid, mid 90's with 85%+ humidity. We hopped on the train to head over to splashmountain and fastpass the ride. While waiting for the train the CM kept telling everyone to get as close as possible. People were getting upset with the CM and finally stopped bunching up due to the oppressive heat. We fastpassed splashmountain. Headed for BTMR and it was brokedown. Headed for Haunted Mansion and it was brokedown. We got on the people mover and it broke down, long enough for the lights to come on but not long enough to walk off. We got on Carrousel of Progress, some how the rotation and sound track got unsyncrhonized. Got on Splashmountain with fastpass. I did notice that everyride we fastpassed, the line seemed quicker than usual, I am thinking due to stricter enforcement. Anyway, we go down the falls pass the paddlewheel boat, and then Splashmountain breaks down. 40min later we had to walk out, we were warned not to take pictures back stage or we would have our cameras confiscated. Got on BMTR,40min standbye time..While in line they announced technical difficulties and started running one train empty. We the refurbishment of the ride the wait wasn't too bad but longer. The ride itself is much better and seemed longer. One shocker though, pulling into the station after the ride our train hooped and hollared and applauded. A group of girls about to enter the ride got excited and joined in, and to my disbelief a CM told the girls to calm down. I was totally shocked as were they, expecially after waiting 50min to ride. I know this sounds like a complaint letter, but I had a fantastic time. Tried to make it to the 1am closing but the heat won the battle.

Re: Trip Report June 10 and June 12

Great trip report Prickle!!!! Its's too bad no else is reading it though, their loss.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I have no! no! pictures that I took after being evacuated from TTT. They are really cool. Broke down just before the vehicle entered the drop shaft.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

I felt bad for the people stuck outside of the splash mountain in the oppresive heat. I would have been splashing myself not caring how dirty the water was. lol

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by prickle View Post
    I felt bad for the people stuck outside of the splash mountain in the oppresive heat. I would have been splashing myself not caring how dirty the water was. lol
    Shy of being on the top of the mountain outside, I think I would have climbed out on the outside if I was near ground level.

We were stuck one year by the ferry boat for almost 45 minutes near the end of the ride. I didn't want to hear zippydoda for a long, long time after that.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation

i'm sorry it was so bad... i think i would have gave up an went back to the hotel with my pool
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy