Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Stop the World, I Need to Jump Off! Gabe's spontaneous trip in the Vacation Planning forums; Thanks guys. It will be over 100 degrees here tomorrow with the heat indices much higher, maybe I'll be able to finish it!...
    HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Stop the World, I Need to Jump Off! Gabe's spontaneous trip

Thanks guys. It will be over 100 degrees here tomorrow with the heat indices much higher, maybe I'll be able to finish it!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

Good luck! May the force be with you!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Love approaching the MK by Boat or Monorail. The vast majority of the time I’m on the bus and it just isn't the same. And then there is me…It became my ritual to wet ones my hands after the finger scan and putting my pass away. Thinking of how many people touch that tiny little scanner and how many passes the CM touches, ewe, can you tell I am a germaphobe.

I had a few must do’s this trip, seeing the new Circus area at night being number one at the MK. A small chunk had just opened and it was beautiful to just watch the new Dumbo with all the special effect lighting, water, along with the music. We went over to the GG coaster and while the props were cute the coaster just sat there with all her rails hanging out. She looked naked. I’ve seen this coaster set up three different ways, with the animals, the corn and now this. While the queue props were nice, the overall visual was a minus. You enter the ride from the opposite side now and they painted parts of the vehicle but overall the same. I wasn't thrilled with the chicken wire held up by 2 by 4’s enclosing the coaster itself. If that was imagineering, it missed. Going from the incredible reimagineered Dumbo to the reimagineered Coaster, well the Coaster was an overall disappointment but rode it none the less. I skipped riding Dumbo that evening since I had more than my fair share when my kids were small. The sidewalks are very cool with the peanuts in them and all. The restrooms are state of the art and welcome change in the back area. The train station is a work of art, Imagineering at its best and a definite plus over what was there. This area was nearly empty and it is about 1030pm. Tip: Great time to take in all the little details and there are a lot of them. Seeing again later in the week, it has a far more magical feel at night.
    DD and I loved the Dumbo area, agree on the GG and can't wait to see the rest of it completed. Great report so far.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Magic Kingdom: hopped there 3 days and day 4 to pick up a single attraction

By far the best security bag checkers. Nice, quick and seem to know how to efficiently inspect guests bags. Also noted management, “shirts” out everywhere up front, town square and Main Street. Answering questions, picking up trash, filling guide and map holders. I like management that leads by example.

The new mini trees in the square just don’t cut it. The area and main street to the hub is now just concrete. It lacks the warmth of Main Street USA. I miss the Firehouse.

Casey’s and the Plaza Ice Cream area look great! The Bakery was a major eyesore lapping over to the street. Still the smells piped into the street.

Loved the Pirates as usual but noted even in the big rows they often only had 2 people in them. Explained the longer wait but both sides were open so it moved quickly.

I used the train several times to move around the park. It never gets old.

The Tiki Room had nobody in the queue so I skipped it. Awkward. Thinking Adventureland could use another attraction.

I missed Thunder, down for a refurbish, one of my overall favorites. Rode Splash several times, boy does she need a long overhaul. So much that didn’t work and the dancing water areas all broken just looked horrible water free. But we did get through the ride without interruption and I still enjoyed it.

Hall of Presidents was being used several times for a private event. Interesting. Finally caught it when it was opened for Guests.

Haunted Mansion still my favorite and the queue just added to it. An excellent example of how an attraction can be updated and turn out better. Though coming out the stretch room, the pushing middle age group behind us was annoying. The ride did stop many times to accommodate all the guests using electric carts.

I never walked through the castle. Hmpf.

Small World still makes me smile.

I refused to wait in an hour queue for Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh. Don’t care if they have/will have a cute queue, still not waiting there for that.

Mickey’s PhilharMagic was as entertaining as ever. Love that Duck.

I rode Snow White because I figured I should. I felt like I was at a wake. The ride was a suffering long couple of minutes. While glad the classic has been put out of her misery I’m annoyed that it is being gutted for a meet and greet. Gutting for a creative new attraction I’d be onboard for.

The expansion in person is so cool. From everything you can see popping out it all appears to be quality work. I can’t wait to see it pulled together because the Under the Sea area still looks like Holy Rock! Like I said from the 1st day, Circus is full of details meant for the adult eye to discover. Excellent.

Wishes was perfectly fine. I am boring with it. Skipped every parade. Magic, Memories and You on the castle was so much better than I anticipated. I was critical of the original concept, I was wrong. Yet this one is difficult to find a place to view. It is getting way too difficult, too many areas roped off for special groups. It is a show you have to see most of the castle and most areas are not open to the general guest.

I rode through Space Mountain on the People Mover. SM was down, as it was many times while I was at the MK. But the PM stopped for a while we were inside SM. Got a good long look with the lights on. It is amazing how close that coaster comes to the roof line. I’m not a fan of this spiel on the People Mover. I did get a fast pass to SM on one of days I was on my own and a kind man gave me an extra one so I was able to board right at the beginning of the window. I gave mine away later that morning.

I skipped many things in Tomorrowland. I enjoyed Buzz and I am a fan of Monsters Laugh but wasn’t appreciative of the folk from Brazil making spectacles of themselves, it ruined it for the balance of the guests which seemed to be the goal. Errr.
    CoP was nearly empty while we viewed it. Makes you wonder what will happen someday. It has a great deal of land around it. Who couldn’t love A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow……stuck in your head for hours?

Overall the MK has cleaned up pretty nicely. The construction walls are a minus along with the themed tarps but all and the entire park is looking much better.
    I still think Tomorrowland back area needs some love. It seems like a giant void back there, and the only interesting use of it was a group of muslim men laying out their prayer rugs and praying. Also, it lacks shade,.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123