Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mckayla's Best Trip Ever in the Vacation Planning forums; I think this title explains the last week and half of my life. Before I start I am going to apologize for any mistakes in spelling and grammar. I am ...
    wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Mckayla's Best Trip Ever

I think this title explains the last week and half of my life.
    Before I start I am going to apologize for any mistakes in spelling and grammar. I am typing this out on my iPhone and I am pretty tired but I could not wait to "relive" this trip.

Ok let's start
    My trip began Tuesday the 12 but the 11th somehow blurred together so i will talk about both days as one. So my long day started off by packing stuff into the car and getting my nails done for a major event later on. Sleep was not part of the day. Time was actually flying by until like 10 pm when my mon and dad made me stay in my room. For the next 6 (which I was suppose to be sleeping) I watch classic underrated movies like Tower of Terror ( insert sarcastic voice). Well we can say those 6 hours went by so slow. Finally it's 5 am... Time to go well not really. We finally left the house at 515 and that means maybe I will sleep. Well that came true. I was not even out of Smalltown Ohio and I was sound asleep. Fast forward to 10 pm... WE ARE FINALLY IN WALT DISNEY WORLD. The drive was not as bad as I thought... I mostly read and texted my best friend. We checked into our room at Pop Century. We were in the 80s which is nice and quite but it was a pain to get to the main building. My brother (Bryant) and I quickly figured that out when we decided to go get some food and got lost but we got there and it was all good. It was like 11 by the time we got there but Bruant still got his burger and I got a mud cup (oh man reminds me of my younger years). We made it back to our room without getting lost to go to bed
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Re: Mckayla's Best Trip Ever

looks like you guys made it work out great!

Disney Day One
    Our trip began a day earlier then planned so we were suppose to leave today but did not. Anyways that means we did not have park tickets. But that did not stop the fun. My mom and dad woke up bright and early to Walt around Pop and have breakfast while my brother and I slept in till the lovely hour of 10. Once we finally woke up and got ready we walked over to Art of Animation. Oh my gosh... It's so cool. The Nemo area is like you are actually under water from the side of the buildings to the plants that look like stuff you will find under the sea. After exploring the Nemo are we were off to eat lunch at the cafeteria. It was really good. They had a lot of different choices like Mongolian (at least that is what I think my mom and dad got... If I am worng I will change it when I get home) and a salad bar, which was really good. Each dinning area is themed to the movies that are there. Disney put a lot of detail into this area. Each section lights were in theme as well as chairs and what not. Also they have these caution floor is wet signs with dryers on them... My family thought it was cool. After lunch we walked around the Cars area (which was not open yet so like no one was there). It is so cute. There areas that have each character chilling there so you can get pictures and around the pool is cozy cones. I cant wait to stay there in the coming trips. After we finished exploring AoA we walked back to Pop and went to Downtown Disney. Once there we decided to finally ride Characters in Flight. That was so fun. I loved it so much. After we landed we shopped around DTD. I got a new Dooney to my moms dismay. A early dinner at Earl of Sandwich was in call so we stopped on and ate and then left before it started to rain. Backing up in time a little bit... Before we went to dinner we stopped at Guest Services to pick up our tickets. Man oh man that was some exciting time...my mom and dad surprised me with an Anual Pass... which means my birthday trip is happening.While it rained we hung out in our small room but it was quick so it did not matter. Time to go mini-golfing. We went to Fantasia Gardens. Man oh man that was tons of fun. The only odd thing was you saw illuminations fireworks while hearing Fantasmic music. The course was really fun and whimsical. Just to put it out there of you have any discounts use them. It was suppose to be like 55 dollars but we used out AP discount and it was only 25. Once we totaled up the points my dad won we head off to Everything Pop for dessert. Which ment I finally got Tye Dye cheesecake... It toke me like 5 trips to get it bit I did. Man it was good. We head off the sleep.

Pictures will be up as soon as I can figure out my phone
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)

Disney Day Two
    We packed up the Pop Century Room and the van to move to Animal Kingdom Lodge, we were off to Magic Kingdom. One we got there we saw the opening show and made the mad dash over to Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear. Sadly like normal I lost. I am so bad at the ride but I had fun. After we rode Buzz it was off to the Main Street Bakery for some breakfast. Man that place was hoping. Once we got through the line we sat down to a fantastic breakfast of cinnamon rolls and coffee cake. Once we got done with breakfast it was off to Big Thunder Mountain, got in line to ride it and fastpass it but it was broken so we left to go over to Pirates! That ride never gets old. After Pirates we did Jungle Cruise and the skipper was fan.Actually all the Cast Members I encountered this trip were fantastic.. they all went out of their way to make my trip extra magical. After JC we decided to see the Enchanted Tiki Room... Let me tell you I had high hopes about this show from how most podcaster talk about... well I was majorly disappointed... Lets leave with that. After we got out off Tiki room we head over to our fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain... Man I love that ride. After screaming like crazy people we walked over to Columbia Harbor House for lunch which once again I became disappointed that they toke off the BLT salad from their menu but I got chicken nuggets so it was all good. After lunch we left to go check into Animal Kingdom Lodge. Which was fantastic. At check in the Cast Member gave me a crown which I proceed to wear the rest of the day. Our room was on the second floor looking out to the Savannah which was so great. ( I have like 100 photos of animals that just sat outside our window). After we freshened up we were off to Downtown Disney in the middle of a storm for our dinner at Raglan Road. It was really good all round... they messed up my order but quickly fixed it ( someone the food runner ran out the worng table to our table so my dad and brother got their meal but another table got my moms and mine, so then they had to remake them but I had to order mine special so it toke a bit longer but they handle it well... we had 2 managers come to our table to apologize). Anyways it was so good. They have the best mashed potatoes. After dinner we went back to our hotel and did their Nighttime Animal watch thing... Which was kind of boring because we could not see any animals but there was a really nice Cast Member to talk to and a nice fire to sit by. Once we decided to leave that we went back to our room to sleep.
    Mckayla

Imagineer Mel is offline B-Ticket Holder

that's sounded like so much fun. i am so jealous. can't wait till the disney band trip this spring.
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

Art of Animation

^Sally and Lighting McQueen

^Luigi's

^Crush

Mckayla

Disney Day 3
    Epcot day!! Once we arrived we ran over to The Land to ride Soarin and fastpass it. In between our fastpass times we ate breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and rode Living With the Land. Then we rode Soarin' again. We still had our fastpass and decided to give it away to a family. They were so glad that the mom of the family start crying. It was so cute. After we left the Land, we were off to the Imagination Pavilion. We just missed the start of Captain EO so we rode Journey into Your Imagination... for all the hate this attraction gets, I love it. Then we saw Captain EO. Man I guess you had to be alive in the 80s to love that. I was so confused and kind of scared. At least I stay awake this time. Once we save the world with the power of song and dance we were off to do stuff in Innovations but that has gone down hill... There is like nothing left in the side we went to. So kind of disappointed we walked over to Mouse Gears to do some shopping. I love that store so much but man it always smells odd in there. Once we got down shopping we walked over to the Living Seas... Hoping to ride the Nemo ride but it had a 40 minute wait so we entered through the gift shop. We walked around the Living Seas for awhile. We had only one more thing to do in Future World that we wanted to do which was Spaceship Earth. Once we got off we strolled over to Canada to watch O'Canada and lunch at Le Cellier. Which was really really good. After lunch we went back to our Hotel. That afternoon my mom and I walked over to Jumbo house to go shopping to get stuff for fathers day and some soda for our mugs. Then we went out to their Savannah and meet a really nice cast member name Sisasenkosi... We talked to him for like 2 hours about Zimbabwe and the states. So if you are AKL go talk to him... he is so nice and really loves to learn about the states.After we talked to him we went back to the room to freshen up for Magic Kingdom. Once we go to Magic Kingdom we walked over to Storybook Circus, they toke down the remaining walls that were up. It is so cute in that area. Double Dumbo was not up yet but that is ok.... The Casey Jr. Water area is adorable and let me tell you... You will get stocked. After we explored Storybook Circus and talked to some management (there was so many upper position Disney people around during my trip it was crazy) we head over to Pinocchio's Village Haus for dinner... We all got Pepperoni Pizza.. I was not huge fan but everyone else loved it (I am super picky about sauces). After dinner we rode "its a small world", the Peoplemovers, Carrossel of Progress and Space Mountain. It was time for Wishes but we could not find a spot so we walked over to Haunted Mansion and rode that and then got a spot to watch the Main Street Electrical Parade.. I still like Spectromagic better.
    Mckayla

Imagineer Mel is offline B-Ticket Holder

it really looks like you are in the movie at AoA.
    “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
    ― Dr. Seuss

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Lovin' the trip report McKayla! Great photos too!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

Disney Day 4
    Hollywood Studios today.
    Once we got to HS we rode and fastpassed Toy Story Mania...D ad won both games.Then we rode Tower of Terror..brought back memories of watching that movie before we left. After my dad, brother and I rode ToT we were off to fastpass Rockin-Roller Coaster and breakfast at Starrining Rolls. My dad got a Butterfingure cupcake... Let me just say I am a carrot cake cookie girl. I did not enjoy that. I got a Red Velvet Cheesecake Cupcake... Man that was really good. After we finished breakfast we were off to ride Toy Story Mania again and walk through One Mans Dream. Then back to Rockin-Roller Coaster. That is also a great ride. Once we got done with the coaster my dad and brother rode Star Tours while my mom and I walked up to Guest Services to see what time we will be seeing Fantasmic at (we did the dinner package). Once we found out we were of to see the Muppets...in 3D. That is such a classic. I love it so much.It was finally lunch time which we went to Backlot Express. We all got this burger with bacon and onion rings on it... It was really good. On our way out of the park we stopped to ride Great Movie Ride (we were going to do that after dinner but it was closing at like 6 for a specail event). Once we got back to the hotel... Mom and Dad walked down to the pool, Bryant slept and I walk over to Jumbo House to get soda (Kidani Village did not have an ice tea thing so I had to walk to Jumbo when I wanted to fill my mug... a 7 minuted walk is pretty long when you just want tea... my life revolves around tea.).Then we got ready for dinner a Hollywood and Vine. DO NOT EAT THERE. It was horrible. They did not have a lot to chose from and what they did have was nasty. We were all extremely disappointed. It is not worth the $35 dollars a person. (Lucky we did the Dinning Plan). After our disappointing meal we walked around the Streets of America and the Animation Gift Shop thing. In which I told my mom and dad that I want them to buy every cell,poster,painting and artwork in that whole place but sadly they said no. While looking around we got to talk to a Disney Artist... I wish I could remember his name but I cant..They only thing I really remember is that he was pretty cute looking. After we talked to him for a whole we left to ride Star Tours... my mom and I chickened out...once again so we shopped for a bit. Finally it was time for us to go to our seats for Fantasmic... They were ok. The pre-show they do was a lot of fun, the show on the other hand is not my favorite. I like it and all but its not like wow you totally have to see this. I was left wondering a lot like why they had Song of the South Characters on the boat?? We went back to our room to pack up the room for move number #2
    Mckayla

^My Main Man and I

^Bryant having a grand time

Mckayla

Disney Day 5

Fathers day!!! Our morning started off late due to everyone sleeping in. Once we all rolled out of bed and packed up our room (for another move) we were off to Mara for a quick breakfast and opening up fathers day gifts ( we got my daddy a pin and a photo stand thing). After breakfast and spending some time in the room we were off to go to Old Key West. On our way my dad saw that Matt Hochberg was having lunch at Caribbean Beach so we decided to have lunch there... We saw him ( well I toke the table he was eating at) but I was to shy to talk to him and my dad was getting our food. So after my brother making jokes about stalking podcasters and we ate our lunch (which was really good) were on the road again for Old Key West. Once there we checked in and had a choice on what room we could have one of the choices was the same room we had last year. So we chose that one and it was the only one ready. After we unpacked (once again) and freshened up we were off to Magic Kingdom for Fathers Day dinner at Crystal Palace. So good. After dinner we rode all the rides in Tomorrowland and then saw Wishes and left (well I think that is what we did... my days are beginning blur together.)
    Mckayla

^(Cute Cast members back =p)
    Mckayla

zeusywoo is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

McKayla your trip report is so fun reading. Thank you for all the information. What Dooney did you choose? Thanks for sharing!
    1st MK Oct. '80, DL '90, CBR '98, VB & WLV '01, BCV Jun '06, SSR Oct '06, POR Jun '09, BCR Feb '11 & POFQ Mar '11, AKLJ Jul '11 BLT Nov '12 BWRV Nov '12 AKLJ & BWRV Aug '14 BCV Sept '14
    Have a Magical Day! Deck 7 Cool Kids Dar

Disney Day 6

Today we were off to Animal Kingdom for the morning. Once there we did the normal run to Everest...ride it then fast the safari and ride Everest again. Both are pretty exciting so I wont complain about going to one end of the park to another. Since the they toke out the story line of the Safari, its pretty good. The drivers actually stop for you to take pictures ( I have so many animal pictures its crazy). After a nice safari we saw Its Tough to be a bug and then left the park. We had lunch in our room... yumm pb&j. Ok so this afternoon my mom, dad and I toke an adventure over to University of Central Florida Rosen. The college of my dream we all fall in love so here is hopes that I get accepted. Once we got back from our adventure we had dinner at Cape May Cafe and the went to Epcot to start the countries and plan for a little thing that will be happening tomorroyw. Before we knew it we it was time for Illuminations Reflection of Earth!! Which is so great. Then we slowly strolled out of the park while listening to the tapestry of nations song ( in my house we call it the Mckayla song because it sounds like they are saying Mckayla) and danced around (we did the Mckayla, a dance move I always do when I do not know what to do).Once we got back to OKW we got ready for the next day of our trip ( and the most exciting part of the trip)
    Mckayla

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast