Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss My Fun, Crazy, Cool trip to WDW! in the Vacation Planning forums; I'm going to break down my trip by days! Day 1-June 14, 2012 We (my mom, dad, and I) woke up around 4am to head to BWI for our flight ...
    disneymaniac87 is offline Counting Down To My Next Trip!

My Fun, Crazy, Cool trip to WDW!

I'm going to break down my trip by days!

Day 1-June 14, 2012

We (my mom, dad, and I) woke up around 4am to head to BWI for our flight at 6:30 to MCO. We arrived around 8:45! It didn't take very long to get our luggage (which is a nice thing, considering it normally takes forever and a day to get our luggage at baggage claim in Baltimore!) We got a rental car from Alamo, which we got a wonderful rate from! We ended up getting a GMC Arcadia and by 9:15-9:30 off we went to Epcot! This is one of my favorite things to see as I head into the park! I feel like I can forget the world and enter my happy place!

We got to the park around 10 or so, and walked right on in. We had to stop at guest services first to get my mom a guest disability card (which only worked at about 2 different times, which I'll talk about later!) With card in hand, off we went to the Land to either ride Soarin' or get fastpasses for it. We ended up getting fastpasses for 2:30 at Soarin'. We rode Living with the Land! I love getting into the greenhouses on this ride to take some pictures. Here are a few that I captured, including a Hidden Mickey!

After Living with the Land, we ate at Sunshine Seasons. I failed and forgot to take pictures of most of my food because I was too intent in eating it instead of taking pictures! Sorry people! Anyways, we saw Circle of Life then headed over to The Seas to see Turtle Talk and just relax in the aquarium.

Crush was funny as always. It's one of my favorite shows in Epcot and I could sit and watch it many times in a row, mainly for what the kids say! After relaxing, we headed back rode Soarin' then we were off to Spaceship Earth for our last ride of the day.

After listening to Judi Dench, we were off to our resort. We stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter. This was my first stay in a moderate but the second time my parents have stayed there. As we walked into the Lobby, I instantly fell in love. It is such a beautiful resort and the theme-ing makes it!

We were in Building 4 which was right next to the food court, lobby, and pool. A wonderful location and I plan on requesting that building when I stay there in the future. This welcomed us as we entered our room.

I love all the little touches Disney does to make your trip enjoyable! Once we checked in, we took a little nap then headed off resort for dinner at Bahama Breeze and a trip to Walmart for some necessities to keep in our room.

My first day was wonderful and I was ready to start our first FULL day at Hollywood Studios!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations
    '92, '93, '94, '96, '97, '99, '03, '05, '06, '09, '10, '11, '12(x2)

"All you need is faith and trust..."

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: My Fun, Crazy, Cool trip to WDW!

Nice!

That's an outstanding shot of Spaceship Earth. Did you take that? I notice it looks a bit different from your other pics. If you did, kudos! If you didn't, kudos for posting it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Nice!

That's an outstanding shot of Spaceship Earth. Did you take that? I notice it looks a bit different from your other pics. If you did, kudos! If you didn't, kudos for posting it anyway!
    I did take that picture.. Just edited it! Here's the unedited version

As you can see... people got in the way so I edited it and played with the color a bit
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Love the edited version!

Outstanding color saturation.

More please.

Evilduckqueen is offline Annual Passholder

Loving it so far!
    "You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

wallfan329 is offline Working on becoming a Disney CPer

Sounds like fun so far. Cant wait to read more and I love the edited version of the picture
    Mckayla
    My Disney College Program blog...everything from KSU life to getting ready for Spring 2015

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫
    2001(PO),2003(BC and DCL Magic),2004(ASM),2005(Poly and DCL Magic),2006(HH & OKW),2007(SSR),2009(WL),2010(BW,Pop and Vero),2011(OKW),2012(AKL & OKW),2012(Pop, Reunion),2013(Band Trip/Birthday Trip...AoA/Off Property),2014(OKW,Pop and DCL Dream)
    ♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Nice first day! Sounds like everything went right!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

eeyore79 is offline Missing "HOME"

we stayed at POFQ too! LOVED it! I think I am spoiled now!!!! Loving the report so far, cant wait to hear more. (hopefully I can try to work on mine tomorow night more...)
    "A dream is a wish your heart makes..."

http://mydreamingcorner.blogspot.com/

Me (Jamie) - 34 DD (Kayla) - 7

TRIP REPORT AUGUST 2011 http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/showt...l=1#post972048

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Great trip report so far. That is a near replica of our first day.

Check in, head for Epcot, get fast passes, chow down.

**Circle of Life was not my fav.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

I haven't time to read now but if I write this note, it'll act as a reminder!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

I am horrible at updating Trip Reports. I will make sure to work on this when I get home! I have them all written up... just have to post them!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

Day 2--Hollywood Studios

My second day has begun! We headed off to Hollywood Studios. We arrived at the gate around 8:15 because I had heard rumors that the park was opening 15 min before official opening. Well, the rumors were true. They let us in around 8:45. My aunt doesn't ride roller coasters so she went to get Fastpasses for Toy Story Mania while the rest of our group went to ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. Tower of Terror is my favorite ride in all of Disney so I'm glad I was able to start my first full day with the ride. This is one of my favorite views from the parks.

After riding those rides. We met up with my aunt at Tower of Terror so we could ride it 3 times in a row. We then headed towards Great Movie Ride to catch that since the time for our fastpasses weren't up yet. While we were walking towards Great Movie Ride characters ended up coming out. Donald and Daisy were together, so my whole family decided to get a pic with both of them!

I think Grauman's Theatre is beautiful and I wish the sorceror hat wasn't there anymore. I love being able to take pics of the theatre itself. Here is a great shot I did get.

A picture I took inside GMR. I have one I took that's very similar that you'll see later!

After Great Movie Ride, we saw Little Mermaid then cashed in our fastpasses for TSM. While waiting for the last few minutes to cash in our fastpasses, this guy came out. He was the most authentic Army guy I've seen. He stood extremely still and didn't really move! I loved it!

As you can see in the picture, a little girl was trying to get his attention but he wasn't "paying attention" It was cute to see her interact with him.

After TSM, We headed over to One Man's Dream because I love seeing Walt Disney history and I wanted to see the model of the new Fantasyland.

One Man's Dream is probably my favorite 'walk-through' attraction in Disney. It normally takes me about 35-40 minutes to walk through because I'm reading everything! While I was walking through and seeing the movie, part of my group was waiting to get more fastpasses for TSM. We were coming back in the evening to see Fantasmic and they had fastpasses for around 630. It was perfect timing!

After One Man's Dream we headed down streets of America to go to lunch at Mama Melroses. I wanted to make sure we caught Gene Kelly's umbrella so I could mimic his photo. Here is my version. (The Umbrella wasn't working so it didn't really 'rain' on me. I was upset about it.. but It's okay. My family didn't want to hear me belt it out anyways!)

After our meal at Mama Melrose's, the "kids" ended up posing for some pictures. I'm pretty sure I was the only one who was excited about them, but hey.. I just love Disney, okay.

After that, we rode Star Tours.. I was chosen as the Rebel Spy (YES!) and then we headed out for naps, pool, and rebooting before heading back into the parks for Fantastmic!

We got back into the park around 6:30 and went to ride TSM. Afterwards, we headed up to RnRC because it had a little wait and we wanted to catch the ride once more. When we got off, the sun was setting at was hitting ToT at the perfect spot. I got an AMAZING picture of the front of the hotel.

We ended up eating dinner right in that little area right by the entrance to ToT and RnRC. Afterwards, we headed into Fantasmic! It was a wonderful show as always. I had a pretty clear shot of the stage and was able to take some decent pics. The first one was of when they had JUST turned off the lights and the 'emcees' while we were waiting told everyone to get out their cell phones and light up toys. It turned out to be a pretty cool picture.

After Fantasmic, we headed out to revamp before heading to Epcot for our 2nd full day in Disney!
    *Sarah*
    My Disney Vacations

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Very amazing second day, you all got a lot done.

RNRC is probably my fav, up there with EE now.

You take great photos.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.