Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Rich and Ann's DISNEY LAND PARIS trip July 2012 in the Vacation Planning forums; Thanks peeps! It's a good place to go while we save for our WDW trips!...
    trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Re: Rich and Ann's DISNEY LAND PARIS trip July 2012

Thanks peeps!

It's a good place to go while we save for our WDW trips!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    No readers or comments?!

Sorry Rich, took me a few to get over here, and had a trip in the midst.
    Then back to school scramble.

It is an excellent report-as I expected.

Sorry the Frenchies were rude, their few natives at France in Epcot were quote rude as well.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by trickster View Post
    MONDAY 16th JULY 2012 – Day 3

The alarm went off shortly before 8am. We got up, dressed and headed on down to the restaurant for breakfast. We were very impressed because there was always plenty to eat and choose from! It was then back to our room to freshen up before heading on out to the Disneyland (Magic Kingdom) park. It is only a short walk through the Village and we were soon having our bags checked and were through the gates and in the park.
    Disneyland Park is set out in the same way as MK and with knowing this, it was easy to navigate. It was just after 9am – an hour into the two our morning magic hour and only a few attractions were open in Tomorrow land. With walking down Main Street – looking in the stores as we went, this is where we headed – taking several photos along the way. Only Buzz and Orbitron were open and these were duly done. Not to waste any time, we continued on round to Fantasy land. It had now gone 10am and the park was ‘officially open’.
    In Fantasy land, we worked our way round through the rides including: IASW, Peter Pan’s Flight and Pinocchio. The queue for Snow White was long so we left that. Fantasy land done, we looked around the various stores and castle before heading into Adventureland. Here we first rode PoTC before heading over to Big Thunder Mountain which had actually broken down and would remain that way all day. Instead we headed round to the Chaparral Theatre where we watched The Tarzan Encounter. It was very similar to Tarzan Rocks minus the band and roller-skates but still very good!
    For lunch, we headed back into the Disney Village to grab a bite to eat. Both feeling a little tired and full, we decided to head back to our room and grab a couple of hours rest. Just after 5pm and back in the park, we headed for the Station and enjoyed a full circular trip of the park ending up back at Main Street. Leaving the station, we both noticed a sign saying we were in ‘The Magic Kingdom’ and not ‘Disneyland Park’!! This time instead of going up Main Street, we looked through the side covered walkways which run parallel to Main Street behind the shops. Once done it was a rest at the hub where we saw the ‘Disney’s 20th Anniversary Celebration Train’ before heading back round to ride The Phantom Manor in Frontierland again. It was now less than an hour away until the parade which was at 7pm and so we headed back round to Main Street to find a spot to watch it. The time flies by pretty quickly when you people watch!
    The Disney Magic Parade was very good and as most Disney parades had a very catchy tune! Parade over and back on our feet, we headed over and looked round the castle before dropping back into Fantasyland one more time. As with Florida, Fantasyland is always busy but we did get to ride IASW again! Time was marching on and it was soon time to watch the night parade – Disney’s Fantillusion again followed by Disney Dreams from the hub in front of the castle. What a great way to end the day before heading back to our resort and collapsing for the night!

DLP is a great place to visit and set out really well with its two parks, Village and several resorts. However, for whatever reason, I feel [personally] that it lacks that magical ‘Disney Touch’. This could be down to the lack of characters you see; the lack of the Photopass people; the cleanliness of the place or the upkeep of the buildings and attractions – who knows? It doesn’t help when the ‘locals’ can be quite rude and smoke where they like including queues for rides! All that said, I would certainly go back one day!

Wow, as usual, you took a ton of great photos. What a good experience you two had. Loved the report and photos, good job.

The DLP Disney Dreams shop looks far superior to the MMY at MK right now.

Thanks for all the photos and video, that was a great report.

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Thanks for the kind comments - certainly much appreciated and makes writing it all worth while :-)
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12