Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Pre-Trip Report: WDW & DCL (Fantasy) WITHOUT the kids! October 16-29, 2012 in the Vacation Planning forums; Originally Posted by Sare I will be at WDW for a week in October and I have a full day and a half planned for MK plus a MNSSH evening. ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Pre-Trip Report: WDW & DCL (Fantasy) WITHOUT the kids! October 16-29, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sare View Post
    I will be at WDW for a week in October and I have a full day and a half planned for MK plus a MNSSH evening. We are two adults travelling as well so I had the same thought as you re: the fantasy land expansion. I do have a day and a half in my itinerary that is going to remain unplanned aside from the ADR's so we can go back and do whatever park we want or DTD/resorts on a whim.
    Re-looking at our itinerary, I may try and stay at the MK on Wednesday (10/17) until around 5PM and then take the monorail to Epcot for dinner and stay for EEMH until 12AM. That might make for a long day/night. But, we could sleep in the next morning and relax before attending MNSSHP on Thursday (10/18).
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

DBF and I are having an early ADR at Liberty Tree Tav at 4:30 on the day we are going to the MNSSH. Our thinking was that we will have a nice sit down early, so we have time to go back to the hotel, freshen up, costume change and back to the park for 6:45. While at the party we figured we would snack on trick or treat candy or grab something fun on mainstreat like a halloween cupcake.
    Halloween cupcake?!?! My ears perked up! Believe it or not, during all our WDW trips, we have NEVER been in the Main Street Bakery. I know, blasphemy! I have been told, we MUST have a cinnamon roll (with extra frosting). It's on my Snack List.
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

Sare is offline A-Ticket holder

I think that sounds really great. Then you can wake up leisurely and do as you please for the morning afternoon. Maybe resort hop or DTD. We are planning to take some time some evening and do a monorail bar crawl

Sare is offline A-Ticket holder

Quote Originally Posted by TXTaylors5 View Post
    Halloween cupcake?!?! My ears perked up! Believe it or not, during all our WDW trips, we have NEVER been in the Main Street Bakery. I know, blasphemy! I have been told, we MUST have a cinnamon roll (with extra frosting). It's on my Snack List.
    I havent either! This will be trip 22 and have NEVER been in the bakery. Im planning on diving into the cinnamon bun for breakfast some day... if I eat it early I can walk it off all day right??? Or not haha... who cares really...

I need to just step away from the computer at times and stop browsing WDW menus online.

I added two ADRs to our itinerary (& will probably cancel two).

ADD
    Shula's Steak House @ Dolphin (D)
    Sanaa @ AKV (L)

CANCEL
    Hollywood Brown Derby
    Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

Rethought about having my annual steak @ WDW and want to try the highly-recommended Shula's. Have any of y'all eaten there? Should we go to our tried and true Yachtsman Steakhouse or Shula's Steak House??? WWYD???
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

I havent either! This will be trip 22 and have NEVER been in the bakery. Im planning on diving into the cinnamon bun for breakfast some day... if I eat it early I can walk it off all day right??? Or not haha... who cares really...

LOL! Calories don't count at WDW. You walk everything off!!!
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

64 days until . . .

Two happy child-free parents on a plane heading to Walt Disney World!!!
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

TRANSPORTATION

Normally, we drive to Walt Disney World with the kids. Over 19 hours each way with three kids. Yes, we are a glutton for punishment. LOL!!! Luckily, we make one stop each way at a hotel. Who knows how much longer we'll do that. Initially, it was due to cost. Airline ticket x 5 = $$$$$ However, gas prices and hotel prices seem to have gone up over the years. It might eventually be so close in cost, flying might be our "norm" for WDW trips.

When driving, we've gotten used to having the freedom to venture off property to grocery shop or drive to a park if the bus lines are too long. Since it's just Bill & I, we are flying. It will be strange relying on Disney transportation this trip.

We're taking advantage of Magical Express from MCO to WDW. But, we need to get to Port Canaveral for our cruise. The transfer DCL offers is honestly expensive. We are traveling with a group. So, our wonderful friend/TA coordinated a bus for our group from WDW to PC and back to WDW after the cruise.
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-16-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

mickeytoo is offline Imagineer in heart and soul...!

We have always flown to WDW. We are a family of 5, as well, but we have always seemed to find good enough deals on flights. Plus, we just wanna' get there...FAST!
    We also just don't care to do any driving while we are there, we do more than enough of that back in the real world , and have never had any real issues with Disney transportation.
    And, it's also very fun take ME from MCO and watch the video and see everyone get so excited when the bus goes under the famous arched sign!
    I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we do...!
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

We just paid off our cruise transfer today. Iím doing a happy dance. One less expense paid for this trip. When breaking down the cost of a WDW and DCL trip, it can look daunting on paper. Thank goodness we've spread out our trip purchases.

First booking: Cruise
    Paid

Second booking: Lodging
    We are DVC Members. So, we are staying on points this trip.
    Paid

Third booking: Flight.
    As soon as Southwest came out with October 2012 flights, my hubby was online booking. It actually paid off. There are no flights in sight at the price we paid.
    Paid

Fourth booking: DCL dining reservations and excursions.
    We don't have to pay these until onboard.

Fifth booking: DCL transfers
    Just paid it off.
    Paid

So, I guess now I need to budget what we still need to purchase . . .

Park Tickets:
    We let our Annual Passes expire. So, Bill and I will be purchasing new APs with the DVC discount. This AP will take us through two WDW trips. We're taking the kids in May 2013 for a week. We have to refrain from visiting WDW more than two times next year. It is so tempting with an AP burning a hole in your pocket. But, we have a Disneyland trip planned next Christmas.

Dining:
    We plan to purchase a Tables in Wonderland card. This will give us a discount at all our sit down restaurants. This will be valid for both upcoming WDW trips. For us, it normally pays for itself during one trip. We will be paying out-of-pocket for all our meals.

Souvenirs:
    We can't go away and not come home with souvenirs. I think that is honestly why the kids aren't giving us a hard time taking a trip without them. As long as we bring them back "something", they're happy.

DCL Excursions, Dining & Tips:
    While onboard, we plan to eat in Palo which has an added fee. Also, we have an excursion booked at each port. We need to pay for those once onboard. You can't take a cruise without tipping your room host and the main dining room staff. I also make sure to have lots of $1 bills to tip room service for my late night Mickey bars. Yum! Yum!

Anything I am missing???
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by mickeytoo View Post
    We have always flown to WDW. We are a family of 5, as well, but we have always seemed to find good enough deals on flights. Plus, we just wanna' get there...FAST!
    We also just don't care to do any driving while we are there, we do more than enough of that back in the real world , and have never had any real issues with Disney transportation.
    And, it's also very fun take ME from MCO and watch the video and see everyone get so excited when the bus goes under the famous arched sign!
    I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we do...!
    We might fly with the kids to WDW in May and drive to CA in December 2013 or fly for both. Southwest doesn't go out that far. (March 2013 right now.) So, it is a waiting game right now on pricing. It would be sooooo nice to be at WDW within hours as opposed to the next day. I think this flight to Orlando is going to "spoil" us.

What airline do y'all use???
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

We might fly with the kids to WDW in May and drive to CA in December 2013 or fly for both. Southwest doesn't go out that far. (March 2013 right now.) So, it is a waiting game right now on pricing. It would be sooooo nice to be at WDW within hours as opposed to the next day. I think this flight to Orlando is going to "spoil" us.

What airline do y'all use???
    Yep, the hunt for the best ticket pricing is always such a fun game...!

And yes, we are spoiled rotten when it comes to the flying to WDW thing...it is just SOOO very cool and comforting to know that we can hop on a plane here in Austin and in only about 3 hours the main gear will be hittin' the runway at MCO!

We have always flown Southwest to WDW.
    When we went out to DLR back in '10, we actually found a better price with Frontier.
    I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.
    ~ you know who

We just priced some flights for my nephew to fly home before he goes overseas with the Marines. He'll be flying out of San Diego. Frontier was one of the airlines my hubby looked into, until he read about all the "extras" they charge you for. I'm surprised they don't charge people for air. It was ridiculous! We ended up booking him on Southwest.

So, Southwest will most likely will be "The Official Airline of the Taylor Family".

Now, if only we could get past this Wright Amendment at Dallas Love Field and fly everywhere directly. My husband and I drove to Austin last year to fly on Southwest to LAX non-stop. We might be doing that next year with the kids too.

Also, it's frustrating being the "hub" for American Airlines and paying a premium for it. You'd think it would be cheaper to use AA, but no such luck.
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-17-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

We just priced some flights for my nephew to fly home before he goes overseas with the Marines. He'll be flying out of San Diego. Frontier was one of the airlines my hubby looked into, until he read about all the "extras" they charge you for. I'm surprised they don't charge people for air. It was ridiculous! We ended up booking him on Southwest.

So, Southwest will most likely will be "The Official Airline of the Taylor Family".

Now, if only we could get past this Wright Amendment at Dallas Love Field and fly everywhere directly. My husband and I drove to Austin last year to fly on Southwest to LAX non-stop. We might be doing that next year with the kids too.

Also, it's frustrating being the "hub" for American Airlines and paying a premium for it. You'd think it would be cheaper to use AA, but no such luck.
    Yea, Frontier was runnin' some kinda' short-term deal or somethin' that just happened to be offered during the time of our trip. I don't remember exactly what it was, 'cause DW set it all up, but otherwise we woulda' flown Southwest.

And yep, you'd think AA'd treat y'all a little kinder up "Big D" way...!
    ~ you know who

I casually mentioned to Bill that I had made an ADR for Shula's and he wasn't overly excited. His comment, "I really want to eat at the Italian place at the Swan or Dolphin." I assume he means Il Mulino at the Swan. So, I just cancelled Shula's and made an ADR for Il Mulino.

Anyone eaten at Il Mulino????
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast