Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Pre-Trip Report: WDW & DCL (Fantasy) WITHOUT the kids! October 16-29, 2012 in the Vacation Planning forums; For me, half the fun is planning our vacations. Okay, 10% is planning and 90% having fun. But, you know what I mean! I have never posted a trip report ...
    TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

Pre-Trip Report: WDW & DCL (Fantasy) WITHOUT the kids! October 16-29, 2012

For me, half the fun is planning our vacations. Okay, 10% is planning and 90% having fun. But, you know what I mean! I have never posted a trip report on this site. I am soooooo excited for our upcoming trip. I just needed an outlet to build up the anticipation of this trip and to have a place to tell of our experiences. I am tired of the rolled eyes from family and friends when we talk about our Disney trips. I think y'all would appreciate it more . . .

As the title reads, we are leaving our three kiddos at home with my Mom for two weeks. She might need a straight jacket when we get home. We'll owe her big for this favor! We didn't want to take the kids out of school, two are in sports and to be totally honest, we want to get away on an adult-only trip. We have a group of friends meeting us on the cruise.

We will spend a few days at Walt Disney World before embarking the Disney Fantasy. We've sailed on the Wonder, Magic and Dream. It's time to experience DCL's newest ship. I can't wait!!!
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-16-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: Pre-Trip Report: WDW & DCL (Fantasy) WITHOUT the kids! October 16-29, 2012

Wow! Two weeks! That's awesome!
    So where are your ADRs? How long is the cruise? What resort? Any special treats?

We've got two adult only trips planned- one for the ToT race and one for the Wine & Dine. Can't wait so I feel you're enthusiasm!!!
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    We've got two adult only trips planned- one for the ToT race and one for the Wine & Dine. Can't wait so I feel you're enthusiasm!!!
    We did Food & Wine and the 5K race last year WITHOUT the kids. That is the trip that inspired this upcoming trip. Once my hubby and I experienced WDW without the kids, it was a totally different experience. I couldn't wait to go back just the two of us. In the past, I had seen adults having fun at WDW without children and honestly didn't get it. Now, I DO get it!!!! Walt Disney World is NOT just for kids/families!!!

You have to note, my husband and I never went to Walt Disney World as children. Our first trip was with our two oldest when they were 2 and 4. (Those are the perfect first trip ages IMHO. The 2 yo was still FREE and remembers the trips!!!) We were bitten by the Disney bug and have been going back at least once a year since.
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)

"Sparkly"

I'm a visual person, so once this trip is completed . . . expect lots and lots of pictures.
    I'm going to blow-up my photobucket account!!!
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Cast of Travelers

Jennifer (Me)
    40 - SAHM and self-proclaimed Disney nut.
    Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Rock 'n' Rollercoaster (DHS)
    (In the name of all that rocks. Hit it dude! - Stacy)
    Favorite Disney Character: Snow White
    (Brunettes need to stick together!)

Bill (My Hubby)
    43 - Hard working IT Manager.
    Our WDW trips are his "escape" from the fast-paced high stress environment of work.
    Favorite WDW ride/attraction: Expedition Everest (DAK)
    (This is from a man who when I met him, didn't ride rollercoasters. You've come a long way baby!)
    Favorite Disney Character: Mickey Mouse
    (He's a classic. Who doesn't love Mickey?!?!)
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Sare is offline A-Ticket holder

I am going to have to start one of these trip reports. My vacay isnt till October though, but I'm experiencing a lot of eye rolling from my friends and coworkers already!

I am a planner. I am one of those people who has a color-coded spreadsheet and already knew what ADRs I was going to book months before it was time. However, we don't go commando in the parks and DO take time to enjoy our resort. We are Disney Vacation Club owners. So, we know we'll be back!

ADRs have been booked for WDW. Here's what is planned . . .

Walt Disney World ADRs
    Epcot
    Via Napoli*
    Nine Dragons*
    Les Chefs de France*

Magic Kingdom
    The Plaza Restaurant*

Disney's Hollywood Studios
    Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater*
    Hollywood Brown Derby*

* We've eaten at this restaurant in the past.

Usually, we don't make a visit to WDW without dining at Yachtsman Steakhouse or our new favorite Jiko. But with the cruise, I think I'll have my steak fill for awhile. We don't do the DDP and pay OOP for all our meals and use a TIW card for the discount.

Walt Disney World Events

This will be our third visit to WDW during F&W. We love to meet friends at Epcot and Eat/Drink Around the World during F&W.

This year, Epcot International Food & Wine Festival will be held from September 28, 2012 to November 12, 2012. If you are at WDW during this timeframe, I suggest you set aside an afternoon or evening to graze through World Showcase. We are foodies. So, I love this event.

For more information on Epcot International Food and Wine Festival check out the Disney link HERE.

(Yes, that's Bill in a banana suit. It was a fun night. You don't know how many people yelled at him, "Peanut Butter Jelly Time!" LOL!!!)

Of all the parties we've attended at the MK, this is my favorite! Where else can you trick-or-treat as an adult! LOL!

This year, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party will be offered at the Magic Kingdom on select nights from September 11, 2012 to November 2, 2012.

For more information on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party check out the Disney link HERE.
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 08-29-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Quote Originally Posted by Sare View Post
    I am going to have to start one of these trip reports. My vacay isnt till October though, but I'm experiencing a lot of eye rolling from my friends and coworkers already!
    LOL!!! I feel your pain. Some people just don't get it. Even some of our friends and family that have visited Walt Disney World didn't feel the magic. One trip was enough for them. I think it takes a special and open-minded person to walk into the Magic Kingdom, walk down Main Street and get a lump in their throat at the sight of Cinderella Castle. It never gets old for me.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Sare is offline A-Ticket holder

This will be my 22nd visit (Im 29) and it hasnt gotten old yet. I get the lump when I take the ferry over and see the castle come into view. When I stand at the front of the ferry and cant see anyone in front of me, it feels like the moment is just for me and I get so emotional. And I noticed your trip is in October as well, which means it's not too early for me to get started on my trip report

LODGING
    We will be staying at Walt Disney World four nights pre-cruise and two nights post-cruise.

Pre-cruise will be spent at our "home" resort, Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village. We are currently waitlisted for Boardwalk Villas. We'll see if that works out. If not, I am fine with AKV. We've stayed here a few times in the past. Contrary to how most people feel, I like it being far, far away from the other resorts and parks. You really feel immersed in the environment and transported to Africa. This is probably the closest I will ever get to Africa. So, I appreciate the attention to detail.

We are staying in a Studio with a non-savanna view. We have yet to stay in a savanna-view villa. However, on our first visit we had a partial savanna-view and our second visit had a nice view of the pool area. I am honestly fine where our room is. I'll be at Walt Disney World!

After the cruise will be spent at Disney's Boardwalk Villas. Again since it is just the two of us, we are staying in a Studio villa. I love this location during Food & Wine because we can walk to Epcot and enter the park via International Gateway.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

I noticed your trip is in October as well, which means it's not too early for me to get started on my trip report
    It's never too early. I can't wait to read it.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

This will be our sixth Disney cruise. Yea!!! Finally, I get a gold lanyard!!! First cruise without the kids. We are booked on the Disney Fantasy for an Eastern itinerary. We were able to book our onboard dining and excursions a few weeks ago.

ITINERARY

10/20 (Saturday)
    Leave WDW (AKV)
    Embark Disney Fantasy

10/21 (Sunday)
    At Sea
    Dinner in private dining room at Palo.

10/22 (Monday)
    At Sea
    Palo Brunch

10/23 (Tuesday)
    Port: St Maarten
    Excursion: 12 Metre Regatta

10/24 (Wednesday)
    Port: St Thomas
    Excursion: St John Champagne Catamaran Sail and Snorkel

10/25 (Thursday)
    At Sea
    Palo Dinner

10/26 (Friday)
    Port: Castaway Cay, Bahamas
    Excursion: Couples Cabana Massage @ Serenity Bay

10/27 (Saturday)
    Port: Port Canaveral
    Disembark the Fantasy
    Back to WDW (BWV)

We did this same itinerary a few years ago on the Magic with the kids. This time, we are doing more adult excursions. Last time, we visited the Butterfly Farm on St Maarten and Coral World on St Thomas.

I've already been researching online to do some duty-free shopping too. There's a Gucci bag with my name on it, IF the price is right!!!

(We've opted to NOT dine at Remy on this cruise.)
    Last edited by TXTaylors5; 07-30-2012 at 05:46 PM.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

disneyrunrchick is offline C-Ticket Holder

This looks like an awesome trip! We love Boardwalk and AK! So fun!

We, too, started going to Disney as adults. Actually, my fiancé's first trip was last year when I took him for our annual ten-day adventure. He fell in love, and we've made good use of our annual passes! But we haven't done a cruise yet...

Anyways, looks like you guys will be having an awesome time. We left a day open on both trips to eat at the F&W festival. Did you see the menu came out? :-) Yummy!!!
    http://disneyrunnerchick.blogspot.com

This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good
    .-

The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing- Walt Disney

There is no one on the planet to compare with moi.- Miss Piggy

TEN Trips... And counting!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyrunrchick View Post
    This looks like an awesome trip! We love Boardwalk and AK! So fun!

We, too, started going to Disney as adults. Actually, my fiancé's first trip was last year when I took him for our annual ten-day adventure. He fell in love, and we've made good use of our annual passes! But we haven't done a cruise yet...

Anyways, looks like you guys will be having an awesome time. We left a day open on both trips to eat at the F&W festival. Did you see the menu came out? :-) Yummy!!!
    Thank you for reading along!

Yes, I saw the menu the other day. My husband is funny. He came home all excited. I hadn't been online. So, I had no clue what he was so giddy about. He called me over to check-out "something" on his laptop. We browsed the menus (most the same from last year) and picked out some favs.
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

This will be my 22nd visit (Im 29) and it hasnt gotten old yet. I get the lump when I take the ferry over and see the castle come into view. When I stand at the front of the ferry and cant see anyone in front of me, it feels like the moment is just for me and I get so emotional. And I noticed your trip is in October as well, which means it's not too early for me to get started on my trip report
    Thank you for reading along!
    Upcoming Disney Trips:

"Sparkly"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast