Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Wildest Disney Trip Ever in the Vacation Planning forums; Wildest Trip Ever The Wildest Disney Trip Ever This is about the wildest trip I think I have ever particapated in or ever will. First you need to know that ...
    Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Wildest Disney Trip Ever

Wildest Trip Ever
    The Wildest Disney Trip Ever

This is about the wildest trip I think I have ever particapated in or ever will. First you need to know that at the time of this trip I was a principal of a christian school in northern Indiana, and that this trip came as away of motivating the students to work harder on a fundrasier that we were having. It was indeed to become the wildest trip ever and the bigging of 5 more trips while I was still with the school ( of which none ever were as wild, but ever more involed.

This school I was principal over was having a fundraiser and nothing seemed to be happening with it. You see we were selling Glamoure Shot picture sittings and withabout 4 weeks left till the photographers came we had only sold 11, not even enough for them to come. So as I sat in my living room trying to think of an idea to get things going the idea of taking kids to Disney World popped into my head. I look at my wife and I said you know if the kids sell 200 sittings the school gets $4000.00 and we could take $2000.00 of that and take all those who sold 2 or more sittings to WDW for one day and take them into the MK. Well to say the least she thought I had lost my mind but my thinking was for 3 months they have sold 11 noway are they going to sell 200. So no matter what we are safe. I told her my plan and she said call the president of the PTA and see what he thinks. This made me excited so I picked up the phone and called the PTA pres. and pitched my idea. He said are you crazy, theres noway you can do it. I said sure there is. We take the next to the last seats out of the bus and turn the next two facing the back two and put a piece of playwood down and a twin mattress have one driver drive and the other sleep and drive stright thru. Then we will check into a hotel spend the night get up spend all day at the MK go back to the hotel, then get up the next moring and head home. He said well do you think they can do it NOWAY I said but at least it may get them excited. He told me he thaught I was nuts agian but said go ahead. The next moring I walked into the classroom with letter in hand and read to the students.

Dear parents:

This is an update on the Glamour Shot fundraiser we are doing. So far the students have sold 11 and that is not even worth bring the people here to do. With this in mind we have come up with an idea to help with the selling of the sittings. If the school can sell 200 sittings the PTA will take all those who sold at least 2 sittings on a one day andventure to the MK in WDW. The only thing the student will have to cover as far as money is their food on the trip and soviners. The details fo the trip will be presented at this Monday's PTA meeting.

This kids went crazy. They started selling the sittings like they were going out of style. In three weeks time we had 211 tickets sold. WOW to say the least.

As promised we convereted the bus. Loaded up at 7pm Wednesday night and head for WDW. We drove 23 1/2 hrs straight thru with 7 adults and 29 students. Stoping only when it was time to eat or get gas. We had 3 drivers working in 3 hr shifts one driving one sleeping and on navigating. We checked into our hotel room headed for the sizzeler for dinner went to sleep got in the MK as the gates opened and stayed till they booted us out. We split the kids up between the adults as not to have a large crowd at anyone place. After closing the park is was back to the hotel for pizza sleep and at 7 am we headed home. It only took 23hrs to get home and we were back in time for church on Sunday. When we got off the bus the kids and adults looked more like they had been dragged behind the bus but all said give them one day to sleep they would head back.

Although I will never attempt that again it probley will be one of the most remembered trip I have ever taken.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Man what a trip!! I wish my school was like that.. Growing up if you sold the most magazines all you won was a cheap stuffed animal the size of a house.. I would have rather had Disney!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    You're lucky dz--all we ever got were stupid calculators and watches that broke after a week...lol

Brave and very cool man to take those critters on a trip like that..wish I would have had you as a teacher :-)

Wow..Glamour Shots...haven;t thot about them in a long while...lol...applied there once and was told I would have to wear more makeup (aka-the **** look) if I wanted the job...lol So much for my talent at photography...lol
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    I have two "glamour shots" one in my twenties, one in my thirties, the last time I went they laughed and said they couldn't do anything to help me, so I left with my tail between my legs.
    They call me "Nana"

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    wow! that is a great idea...our class trips were always so lame! being from ny we usually went to a boring seaport or museum, not very good motivation for kids...lol...though i can't complain i went with my teen travel camp...smart man to split the kids into groups...as a former camp counselor that's how we managed our group of rowdy 10 yr old girls and actually got them to behave!
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

Our Senior Class trip was to Hot Springs, AK. I THINK we had fun. I really can't recall. That was about a million years ago.
    They call me "Nana"

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    We went to the beach in Corpus Christi. It was fun swimming in the tar-lol. The class behind us only had 5 kids so they had enough money to go to Hawaii. My DH was a class sponsor and the kids wanted to go to Disney (8 kids) but we moved away before we could go. I am not sure if they ever went or not

GirlStar613 is offline Queen of Couture
    my senior trip was to i believe the poconos in the winter...i skipped that, good thing too bc some guy skiied into a tree! i am not coordinated enough for skiing...i tried it later on but i knocked into 3 things: a bush on the side of the hill, the ski lift, and lastly an innocent bystander...owch

although it wasn't the wildest trip, when i went with my friend jen we stayed at CSR and used the hot tub late in the evening to relax after a full day at the parks...we saw some kids trying to climb the mayan pyramid and totally thought they were going to seriously injure themselves...then after waiting for a cm in a cart to pass by us for a ride back(looong walk back to the room) we decided we couldn't wait anymore since it was getting incredibly late...as we are walking back to our casita we found a mickey toothbrush that had most likely fallen off a cm's cart! it was still in the cardboard and sealed so we figured it was a good laugh, what the heck we would keep it! when we finally reached the room and finished getting out all of our toiletries i discovered i had forgotten my you guessed it TOOTHBRUSH!!! talk about your wild disney magic :mickey:
    Erica

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday. There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!"

When I grow up I wanna be a Disney

tiggerguy is online now As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Our Senior Class trip was to Hot Springs, AK. I THINK we had fun. I really can't recall. That was about a million years ago.

they do ssay the mind is the first to go
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    they do ssay the mind is the first to go

But at least I still have my looks!

Not.
    They call me "Nana"

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Wow my best school trip was to a really lame zoo....
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Our senior school trip was cancelled because of a senior prank that was pulled...

I plea the 5th!!!!

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    my senior class trip was to cancun. cant complain one bit, dont remember much, which very good. hey it was only in 2001.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneynut57
    Wildest Trip Ever

The Wildest Disney Trip Ever

This is about the wildest trip I think I have ever particapated in or ever will. First you need to know that at the time of this trip I was a principal of a christian school in northern Indiana, and that this trip came as away of motivating the students to work harder on a fundrasier that we were having. It was indeed to become the wildest trip ever and the bigging of 5 more trips while I was still with the school ( of which none ever were as wild, but ever more involed.

This school I was principal over was having a fundraiser and nothing seemed to be happening with it. You see we were selling Glamoure Shot picture sittings and withabout 4 weeks left till the photographers came we had only sold 11, not even enough for them to come. So as I sat in my living room trying to think of an idea to get things going the idea of taking kids to Disney World popped into my head. I look at my wife and I said you know if the kids sell 200 sittings the school gets $4000.00 and we could take $2000.00 of that and take all those who sold 2 or more sittings to WDW for one day and take them into the MK. Well to say the least she thought I had lost my mind but my thinking was for 3 months they have sold 11 noway are they going to sell 200. So no matter what we are safe. I told her my plan and she said call the president of the PTA and see what he thinks. This made me excited so I picked up the phone and called the PTA pres. and pitched my idea. He said are you crazy, theres noway you can do it. I said sure there is. We take the next to the last seats out of the bus and turn the next two facing the back two and put a piece of playwood down and a twin mattress have one driver drive and the other sleep and drive stright thru. Then we will check into a hotel spend the night get up spend all day at the MK go back to the hotel, then get up the next moring and head home. He said well do you think they can do it NOWAY I said but at least it may get them excited. He told me he thaught I was nuts agian but said go ahead. The next moring I walked into the classroom with letter in hand and read to the students.

Dear parents:

This is an update on the Glamour Shot fundraiser we are doing. So far the students have sold 11 and that is not even worth bring the people here to do. With this in mind we have come up with an idea to help with the selling of the sittings. If the school can sell 200 sittings the PTA will take all those who sold at least 2 sittings on a one day andventure to the MK in WDW. The only thing the student will have to cover as far as money is their food on the trip and soviners. The details fo the trip will be presented at this Monday's PTA meeting.

This kids went crazy. They started selling the sittings like they were going out of style. In three weeks time we had 211 tickets sold. WOW to say the least.

As promised we convereted the bus. Loaded up at 7pm Wednesday night and head for WDW. We drove 23 1/2 hrs straight thru with 7 adults and 29 students. Stoping only when it was time to eat or get gas. We had 3 drivers working in 3 hr shifts one driving one sleeping and on navigating. We checked into our hotel room headed for the sizzeler for dinner went to sleep got in the MK as the gates opened and stayed till they booted us out. We split the kids up between the adults as not to have a large crowd at anyone place. After closing the park is was back to the hotel for pizza sleep and at 7 am we headed home. It only took 23hrs to get home and we were back in time for church on Sunday. When we got off the bus the kids and adults looked more like they had been dragged behind the bus but all said give them one day to sleep they would head back.

Although I will never attempt that again it probley will be one of the most remembered trip I have ever taken.
    Wow, what a trip!!! My city's HS senior classes went by train to NYC and DC for a week back in Otober of 1963. I think the price was $135!!! About 375 seniors went from the 3 high schools.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) 2014 (11) Total Trips/Days = 27/364

*Off Property

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    I went to Catholic all girl school enough said we had a really boring senior class trip.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast