Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Le Cellier Dinner Review 6/2/05 in the Vacation Planning forums; Restaurant: Le Cellier Where: Canadian Pavilion in Epcot Meal: Dinner When: Thursday, June 2, 2005 Menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcd.htm Who: DH and I We first tried Le Cellier on our last trip ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Le Cellier Dinner Review 6/2/05

Restaurant: Le Cellier
    Where: Canadian Pavilion in Epcot
    Meal: Dinner
    When: Thursday, June 2, 2005
    Menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcd.htm
    Who: DH and I

We first tried Le Cellier on our last trip with the Candlelight Dinner Package. It was excellent, and DH requested to do this place again. This is truly one of the gems inside the World Showcase, and it comes highly recommended…by many people. Get yourself a PS, you’ll probably need it for dinner.

Okay, next up is the alcohol. Le Cellier does not really have a full bar from what I can tell. They have a nice selection of Canadian wines. I’ve been telling DH all week to make sure I order and try Ice Wine. I’ve been wanting to try this for awhile. So there it is, Inniskillin’s Ice Wine by the glass is on the menu! Can I just say nothing is more frustrating than a wine on the wine list that isn’t offered by the glass? We really don’t drink much wine during the course of a meal to warrant a full bottle for us. Back to the Ice Wine!! I LOVE IT! It’s a sweet wine. So for those who enjoy White Zinfandel or a Riesling, they may enjoy this one too. Except Ice Wine is better than those two and expensive! I priced out a bottle when we got home, and Le Cellier did NOT mark it up considerably. DH decided to get a gin martini….whoa…not good. Neither one of us liked it. Stick to vodka!

Onto the appetizers, DH ordered an Asian Shrimp ****tail with wasabi slaw and horseradish chili sauce. WOW!! What a great presentation of this dish. It features one of those Chinese take-out boxes. DH really enjoyed it; it was totally up his alley. I got the infamous Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup with smoked bacon and Moosehead bear. I don’t like beer, but combined in a cheese based soup it’s very good. I don’t quite understand it. Kinda like a Flaming Moe from The Simpsons, Homer didn’t understand it either…but fire made it good. Beer makes this soup good. And of course we are served 4 breadsticks: 2 pretzel, 1 sourdough, and 1 multigrain. The multigrain was too hard, so neither one of us cared for it. We both enjoyed the sourdough, but it’s the pretzel bread that is the winner. I love bread and I love pretzels, how can you go wrong? I know many love dipping that bread in their cheese soup, I’m no different. Dip..dip..dip…mmmm... One of these days I am going to make this soup for DH with turkey bacon. Keep your fingers crossed.

Here is the soup and shrimp:

Next up are the entrees. We both got a filet. I got the Le Cellier Mushroom Filet Mignon with wild mushroom risotto, white truffle and herb beurre blanc, topped with fried parsnips. FYI, did you know they use pork in the risotto for that dish? Did you know the Beef Barley soup uses pork as well? You really do need to ask! It’s the reason DH had to order the 7 oz. Filet Mignon w/o any sauce. Both were excellent pieces of meat. Cooked medium, tender, flavorful…mmm…yummy! I also order a glass of Cabernet-Merlot, pretty good and went well with my beef. If you aren’t a wine drinker, I suggest trying a glass of red wine with a good steak. It may change your mind.

My filet:

DH's filet:

So between our entrée and the desserts, Illuminations is happening. And apparently our server is operating under the false assumption we are interested in seeing the show tonight. We don’t see her for like 25 minutes after she takes our entrée plate and before we place our dessert order. Hello, I am trying to meet up with some people for Epcot’s EMH. Let’s get this production back on the road!

So after several text messages/calls between flutter, snuggie, and myself, our desserts arrive. DH overheard there was a bread pudding on the menu. Turns out it is ONLY available if you order the special Chef’s meal. BAH! So, he orders the Happiest Celebration on Earth Chocolate Whiskey Cake. I figure it was the closest thing on the menu to what he was wanting. It was a chocolate cake brushed with whiskey, layered with chocolate mousse, finished with orange marmalade and topped with a “Happiest Celebration” chocolate wafer. It was pretty good, we both enjoyed it. I ordered the Maple Crème Brulee, which is a caramelized maple sugar served with a house made cookie and cinnamon/sugared whipped cream. AWESOME!!!

Maple Creme Brulee:

HCOE Cake:

My only complaints about this meal were that our waitress forgot to bring us more pretzel bread and the lag time between the end of the entrée and the ordering of the dessert. We never did indicate we were interested in watching Illuminations, but you know what they say about assuming, eh? Otherwise, the service was good, the staff friendly, and the food excellent. We’ll definitely be returning.

COMING NEXT: Liberty Tree Tavern
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    I love the chocolate on top of the cake with the castle.

Makes you wanna try some way to save it!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Those pictures are making me hungry!!!!!! Love the photos Mandabella!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

jacketsfan683 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Le Cellier has always been a must when we go.
    Eric

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    I love the chocolate on top of the cake with the castle.

Makes you wanna try some way to save it!

My mother still has one of those gold wrapped chocolate medallions with SSE on it.. We got that the lst time we ate at Mexico.. back in 1986!!! Needless to say good thing the chocolate was wrapped it's gets a little funky 19 years later!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    ewww...lovely thing to thing about at 10 am....funny tho..:-)
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    Thanks for the review; we're definitely planning on eating there on our trip in Jan. 06, and now I'm even more excited!

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

disneyc is offline B-Ticket Holder
    when we ate there---the cake was awesome!!! so was the steak i had.... we will be back there!