Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner Review 6/3/05 in the Vacation Planning forums; Restaurant: Liberty Tree Tavern Where: Magic Kingdom – Liberty Square Meal: Character Dinner When: Friday, June 3, 2005 Menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcd.htm (This needs to be updated) Who: DH and I This ...
    MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."

Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner Review 6/3/05

Restaurant: Liberty Tree Tavern
    Where: Magic Kingdom – Liberty Square
    Meal: Character Dinner
    When: Friday, June 3, 2005
    Menu: http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_lcd.htm (This needs to be updated)
    Who: DH and I

This has to be one of my favorite character meals. Our first time here was Halloween Night 2003 during MNSSHP. We walked up and got seated w/o a PS. So, we decided to try this one again. Originally, this was supposed to have been the meal I was to meet flutter and a few others from the various Disney forums, but that got changed to the Biergarten on Saturday. Like ‘Ohana, LTT serves its food family style. It’s the best way to go in an all you can eat. I wish this spread to more restaurants outside the Disney universe. The restaurant is themed like a colonial tavern, and reminds me of home in a way. Oh, and there are some real characters here.

It’s time to liberate our appetite! We start off our meal with a salad, Declaration Salad. It was basically tossed mixed greens served with a house vinaigrette. Pretty good, but I don’t like raw onions. Why do so many restaurants put raw onions on salads? (The Answer: My DM and DMIL, but neither of their children inherited their like of raw onions.) It’s not like you just remove them, the taste/smell lingers since it’s so strong. Sometimes I forget to request those be removed…sigh…at least we’re not allergic to them. With the salad came fresh, warm yeast rolls and honey butter. Mmm…bread…honey butter. Yeah carbohydrates!

Next up is the main course, Patriot’s Platter. You get roasted turkey breast, carved beef, and baked ham served with a herb bread stuffing. We told our server no ham, so we got a little more of the beef and turkey to compensate. The accompaniments were mashed potatoes, garlic green beans, Stouffer’s Macaroni and Cheese, and turkey gravy. Pretty basic food, but very good. I think picky eaters can find something here. Nothing fancy or “pretentious” at all, but sometimes that is refreshing.  If you like something in particular, you can request more of that item. We didn’t request anymore of anything since they gave us enough food for 3 adults…not 2. All yummy except, we didn’t care for the Stouffer’s Macaroni and Cheese. As I age, I am leaving behind parts of my youth behind…among them…Stouffer’s or Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. I prefer the real deal, homemade cheesy perfection now.

For dessert, they served us a warm cherry cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Mmm…yummy! It was while we were eating dessert that I noticed how cute our glass mugs were. I got to thinking…they sell these don’t they? It is Disney, and how often would they miss an opportunity to make a buck? DH asks our server, and sure enough we get two glass mugs wrapped to go!

The characters in this meal were Goofy, Minnie, Chip, Dale, and Pluto. In the past, Meeko was there in place of Goofy. And I also remember this being Minnie’s meal, but now it’s Goofy’s meal. However, that did not stop Minine from taking the credit for the food. She prepared it all herself you know. Did you know when you eat here when SpectroMagic (aka The Scary Clown Parade) passes by the characters inside the restaurant hide until the parade passes? The handlers go around making sure all the characters get to you, and then explain they have to get ready for the parade!

They were a lot of fun. It turns our Chip was bilingual, Español! I confirmed it by speaking a few phrases; he nodded his head enthusiastically. Sadly, Chip is not my favorite. My heart belongs to Dale. Dale did a perfect “Dale” autograph. I need to get it scanned, he put a heart on it. He came over, gave me a kiss on my hand, and did the robot! Yes, Dale was doing the robot for us. Later on when Chip came back by we asked if he could do the robot, and he did it too! LOL! Chip and Dale are great characters and play very well off each other. I can’t remember which one it was, but one of the chipmunks was doing back flips in the restaurant after it cleared out some. Goofy…who chose his clothes? Yes, they were colonial themed. The colors though! His hat reminded of a purple pimp hat! To you Seinfeld fans, remember that episode with Kramer wearing the Joseph Coat and sporting a hat? That is what Goofy reminded me of…LOL! He was a trip. We asked for his picture, and he kept striking poses like a model at a photography session. Minnie of course loved my Pal Mickey. Minnie loves Mickey you know, but has yet to get that diamond. MEN!

Service here was pretty good, but I have heard other stories with large groups not getting good service. We’ve had an excellent server and a good server so far here. So, we’ll be back. This place is the primary reason we have not tried Crystal Palace.

COMING NEXT: Biergarten
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Connecticut - 18 hours and 42 minutes away from MK
    Our first time here was Halloween Night 2004 during MNSSHP. Stitch actually ate turkey (of course she was too shy to ask for ketchup which she usually puts on her turkey) mashed potatoes, corn and mac & cheese. Miss adventurous eater all right. We skipped the dessert and bought cups only to find they were cheap plastic ones and the "ice cubes" would not turn off. Very upset about that....see pic! Otherwise it was an awesome time and the characters really interacted well with Chip and Dale and Pluto doing the most.

Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Oh I don't like those mugs you guys got!!!

I'll have to take and post a picture of the mugs we got. They are really nice.
    Amanda

Goofygirl is offline Dream Team Wrap Party Alumni - 07,08,09 / Magic Meets Attendee 2005-2009
    Yes, please do. I am curious as to what they really should have been for the $$ we spent.......
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Turkey with ketchup? If Miss adventurous eater recommends it, I'll have to give it a try!

Thanks for the review Mandabella-we also like this spot, although we have had some unhappy waitstaff here occasionally, maybe they have worked that out since then.
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Sorry about the picture quality, the shadows were a pain to photograph:

Amanda

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Oooo very pretty.

I am so bummed....they are really nice. If I knew any better I would have complained but.....

Thanks for posting the pic Amanda!
    Janet

Gawrsh! Hyuk!

Here are the autographs from that meal:

Sorry, I thought this Dale did the heart here. It must have been another trip Dale did that.
    Amanda

sterm26 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    We went to the Liberty Tree the night before the Super Bowl this year. Of course, we were all decked out in our Eagles garb (yeah, I know they lost, but that's another thread). When the crier announced "From the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, the Stermel Family!!" the other folks in the waiting area applauded us! Very Disney-like and extremely cool.

I also noticed Kevin Brown, pitcher for the New York Yankees, sitting in the waiting room. He has a reputation for being rather surly, but I discreetly chatted with him for a few minutes and he was very nice. I'm not an autograph hound and didn't ask for one(I work for the Phillies and see baseball players every day in the summer). He looked like any other harried WDW parent. Not that he's a household name, but he's still the only "famous" person I've encountered in the parks.

The dinner was excellent and very filling. We definitely will go back on our next trip.
    WDW offsite 1979, '83, '86, '87, '89,' 93

ASMo November 2003 (Love Bug)

Pop Century February 2005 (50's)

Pop Century February 2006 (60's)

Pop Century August 2006 (60's)

Coronado Springs February 2009

Disneyland August 1988 (L.A.)

Disneyland August 2005 (Anaheim Plaza)

"His name's Tron, fights for the Users..."