Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Taylor's Trip Report - The Second Chapter in the Vacation Planning forums; Well, fellow Triviateers, I have just returned from WDW, and in true DWT style, I am writing a Trip Report! I have here Day One of the report, and I ...
    olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett

Taylor's Trip Report - The Second Chapter

Well, fellow Triviateers, I have just returned from WDW, and in true DWT style, I am writing a Trip Report! I have here Day One of the report, and I will say once again that I hope you have as much fun reading it as I did writing it - and doing it!

DAY ONE – FRIDAY, JULY 1, 2005

The day had finally come – we woke up at about 4:00 am, and departed at 5:15 by car. Destination: Downtown Disney in Walt Disney World, Florida. After a 10 hour drive, we finally arrived at the Marketplace to get our Annual Passes! Woo-hoo! I am now a Passholder! After the Passes had been activated, my sister and I departed for the Magic Kingdom, while my mother and father went to All-Star Sports to check in. Since there is no bus service directly to the Parks from DD, my sister and I took a bus to the Wilderness Lodge, then boated to the Kingdom. After arriving, we went “right down the middle of Main Street, USA” to the home of 999 happy haunts…my favorite ride, the Haunted Mansion! It was great being back once again, as the last time I was in the Mansion, it was midnight and I was riding it alone. Well, I did the whole scream-in-the-Stretching-Room thing, and it worked beautifully, as this time I had another screamer in the form of my sister. After the Mansion, it was time for a quick journey over to Adventureland to visit those pirates of the Caribbean on Pirates of the Caribbean! A great swashbuckling ride, I must say. By this time, my sister and I were hungry, so we headed over to Tomorrowland for a meal at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. As we were eating, Mom and Dad called us and said they were just walking through the turnstiles. They came and met us at Cosmic Ray’s, and while they were eating, my sister and I rode the TTA. When we got off, we headed over to Frontierland to get a Fastpass for Splash Mountain. We didn’t have to wait long for the Fastpass time, so we decided to ride the Haunted Mansion again. Again, the screaming worked beautifully. Then it was off to Chick-a-pin Hill for a 52 foot plunge into the Briar Patch…and showing the rest of the family the Hidden Mickey in the clouds in the final scene! They were in awe! After that, Mom and Dad went to go get a spot for Wishes on Main Street, and my sister and I hit the rides in Tomorrowland – Space Mountain, Carousel of Progress, and Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. By this time, it was time for Wishes, so we went to join the parents on Main Street to see the show. I was the only one in the family who had seen the show before, and the rest of the family loved it. It’s now time for the Extra Magic Hours, and I once again failed to ride Jungle Cruise at night. However, we did do the Tomorrowland rides again, as well as PhilharMagic. We were waiting in line for Peter Pan’s Flight, when my mom got really tired and delirious, so she and my dad opted out and went to sit on a bench while we rode the ride. When we got off, my mom basically ordered us back to the room. So, Day One was a successful day. I slept soundly, waiting for what prizes and surprises were waiting for me on Day Two at Epcot…with my triumphant return to Soarin’! Stay tuned for more exciting details…

:mickey: Day Two is coming soon!:mickey:
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Awesome! Sounds like y'all had a blast on your first day. I am bad at hitting a park on the same day as traveling day - I just can't do it. Must be because I am OLD!!!

Can't wait for day 2!

(don't you love writing Trip Reports, you get to relive everything! )