Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Family Magic Tour (spoiler) in the Vacation Planning forums; We had the chance to do the Family Magic Tour for DS Parker's 5th birthday and I couldn't be happier that we booked it! First of all we had an ...

Family Magic Tour (spoiler)

We had the chance to do the Family Magic Tour for DS Parker's 5th birthday and I couldn't be happier that we booked it! First of all we had an amazing tour guide Jeff who made it an amazing experience! My DH was a little leary before we went, but ended up having a blast! If you get embarassed easily or do not like attention brought to yourself then this tour is not for you! You will be doing a lot of skipping, jumping, marching, singing, yelling throughout the park with a lot of people looking at you like you are crazy! But to be perfectly honest, you do not even care because it is fun and you will feel like a kid again, just like you should when you are in the MK! The tour is set up like a scavenger hunt where you hunt for Captain Hook's gold hook. Parker is a HUGE Peter Pan fan so that's why this tour was the absolute perfect fit for his birthday! After making your way around the MK you end up in the wooded area between the Adventureland walkway and Liberty Square walkway where you search for the gold hook. While searching we heard a loud rooster call and out of the bushes jumps Peter Pan! AN AWESOME PETER PAN MIGHT I ADD! He had the looks, talk, gestures and mannerisms down pat! We did the tour with 2 other families and Parker still had plenty of one on one time with Peter. We all had time for pictures and autographs as well. After that Peter himself "flew" us to Fantasyland where we had front row seats to Mickey's Philharmagic. Parker sat next to Peter during the movie and he placed plastic gems into his hands during the section where Ariel reaches out her arms and lets the gems go. Parker was estatic when we left the theater! It was truly an amazing experience and something we will never forget. The only thing that made it better was that later in the day when we finished riding PotC, we made our way outside where we saw Captain Hook and Mr. Smee doing meet and greets. After standing in line to see them Parker spotted Peter Pan doing the same thing down the way. We made our way over and Parker called out Peter's name. Peter turned around and said "Well Parker, it's nice to see you again". Granted it had only been about 5 hours since we had spent time with him, but I was very impressed that he remembered his name! Parker said "Captain Hook is right over there! Do you want me to go get his hook?" to which Peter Pan replied "That old cod fish!? That's okay, I will get the crocodile and take care of him later!". Fighting back the tears in my eyes, I winked at Peter and mouthed the words "thank you" to him. He has no idea how special he made Parker's day. Parker is still waiting to hear from the Lost Boys on whether or not they can get their hands on a gold hook for him to have! Hurry up Grandma and get that hook painted!!!!!

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    Thanks for the info, it sounds like fun!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

iwannabeminnie is offline I'm old! I'm like the cryptkeeper!
    Oh my, I'm going to ruin my keyboard if I don't stop crying into it.
    They call me "Nana"

Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    oh...how sweet! I've been crying too, but I'm the Mommy!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Great report!....We are taking this come sept and I personally cant wait to see my bf skipping(big guy=bouncy) lol. I take it grandma is making a hook just for Parker...what a great idea--now I have to start yet another craft-b4-we-go-so-we-can-have-fun-with-it-while-we're-there project . I think my 2 yr old would love to have Hook;s hook (toddler friendly version of course) really neat way to make it more special. glad Halloween merchandise is coming up so I don't actually have to carve one...lol Hope we get the same Peter you got, he sounds awesome!
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Quote Originally Posted by vixen101485
    Great report!....We are taking this come sept and I personally cant wait to see my bf skipping(big guy=bouncy) lol. I take it grandma is making a hook just for Parker...what a great idea--now I have to start yet another craft-b4-we-go-so-we-can-have-fun-with-it-while-we're-there project . I think my 2 yr old would love to have Hook;s hook (toddler friendly version of course) really neat way to make it more special. glad Halloween merchandise is coming up so I don't actually have to carve one...lol Hope we get the same Peter you got, he sounds awesome!
    It was a lot of fun! It would be great if you got the same Peter and Tour Guide Jeff! They were both wonderful! You should check out the photos in my photo gallery. They sell the plastic hooks at PotC, but of course the hook part is silver...that's why Grandma bought a couple without Parker knowing and is painting them gold! The "Lost Boys" should be sending it in the mail any day now!

GaRain is offline I love a guy who can make me laugh!
    Quote Originally Posted by iwannabeminnie
    Iwannabeminnie - I am right there with ya. Luckily I keep a box of kleenex on my desk, and that saved my keyboard.
    What an awesome thing for your son. Do you think this is only good for the younger kids? My niece will be 10 in a couple of months. She was Wendy for last years Mickey's not so scary halloween party.

THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING!!

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    What a great day that must have been. Now thats what it is all about right there!! thats the sort of story that makes me cant wait to have kids so i can feel just what you felt right then.

Quote Originally Posted by GaRain
    Iwannabeminnie - I am right there with ya. Luckily I keep a box of kleenex on my desk, and that saved my keyboard.
    What an awesome thing for your son. Do you think this is only good for the younger kids? My niece will be 10 in a couple of months. She was Wendy for last years Mickey's not so scary halloween party.

THANKS AGAIN FOR SHARING!!
    Actually, I think that Wendy is normally there for this tour. I had seen the tail end of this tour before when we were visiting and both Wendy and Peter Pan were there. Also, when Peter arrived he said that "Wendy wasn't able to come out and play today, her Mom gave her a thermometer and said she was sick". So normally...I think that you would have Wendy there as well.

There were two other families on the tour with us. The one family consisted of a Mother with her two Sons, one was 10 and one was 11. They both seemed to enjoy it very much. It was kind of cool for them too since the rest of the kids were much younger, they were usually the ones to give the answers to the scavenger hunt clues so they were really invovled with it all! Heck! My DH just turned 40 and I am 35 and we enjoyed it!

I think that it is great fun for any Disney lover!

i just want to know , about how long to you actually spend with the characters?.....ty

i just want to know , about how long to you actually spend with the characters?.....ty
    I would have to take a look at the video tape to know exactly how long, but if I were to guess....we were with him in the wooded area for probably about 15-20 minutes, then about another 5-10 minutes during the "flight" over to Fantasyland. Then you have a little time with him before Philharmagic starts as well as during Philharmagic (probably a total of another 15 minutes) and then probably about 5 minutes after the show before he "flies" back to his own ride! So I would estimate that you get between 40-50 minutes with the character. When we get around to organizing and watching all the video's from our trip I will see how accurate my guess was! The character interaction time was well worth the price of the tour!

very cool....bf was wondering since the tour runs around 2 hours what the percentage of time he was going to have to spend acting silly...lol As of right now we are the only ppl scheduled on that day.(hmm private meet and greet..cool) tho it would be nice if about 5 more ppl signed up to make it more fun. The good and the bad I guess... :-)

very cool....bf was wondering since the tour runs around 2 hours what the percentage of time he was going to have to spend acting silly...lol As of right now we are the only ppl scheduled on that day.(hmm private meet and greet..cool) tho it would be nice if about 5 more ppl signed up to make it more fun. The good and the bad I guess... :-)
    It is actually closer to 2 1/2 hours. I was originally told it was a 2 hour tour when I booked it which could have caused major problems since we had ADR's for CRT at Noon if Guest Services wouldn't have helped us out with it! We met up for the tour at 9:45, it started at 10 and we were leaving Philharmagic at 12:30. My DH was worried about having to "act silly" too, but did a great job of it and really enjoyed it! The main thing is that Parker enjoyed it and he was the reason we were doing it!

Thanks for all the info.

My dd loves Peter Pan(well the cartoon one anyway) is one of the reasons we are doing it and as a nice little introduction to the MK since it will our first full day at WDW. Plus I cant wait to see my bf act like a ballerina or a snapping croccodile----I WILL BE IN TROUBLE WHEN HE SEES THIS POST....LOL ***sticks out tongue at BF...lol*** I am taking lots of pictures sweetie hehehe

Oh ...already bought the hook-just have to paint it gold. Any sugesstions on when or how to give it to her(remember she is 2) Was thinking about hiding it in the car b4 we go into MK that day (we have PS at MGM later so we are driving) or maybe in the hotel room for later that night . Dont want to do it next day due to a 2 yrs selectivley short memory. Was going to bring it with me to MK but thot Security would have a fit...hmmm is a plastic hook considered a deadly weapon?...lol

JEDIPRINCESS is offline I'm going back to the World YAHOO
    Hey Melissa (I'm Changing just for you)

I don't know if you remember are not when I first got on the borads I also did a report on the Family Magic Tour. You are so right it so magical at any age I got more of a kick watching my stepdad doing all the stuff with the kids then watching the kids. I'm so glad Disney is sticking with the Peter Pan theme I know when we did it last May we had Peter and Wendy. My oldest DD who has a huge crush on Peter Pan like to have a stroke when he kissed her hand. My Little one got to hold Peter hands walking over to MP and the oldest held Wendy Hand and got to sit next to her. This goes to show that Disney listen to their guest becasue before I booked our tour I heard really bad review becasue the meet and greet characters were Bell or Alice not sayng I wouldn't love a meet and greet with them but just doesn't go with the whole Looking for the hook theme.Another thing about this tour I loved was the expression on everyone faces when you enter MP and they see Peter Pan with your group you feel like such a star. I'm so glad to here your family like this tour it wasn't well know for a while but I think a lot people are hearing about it and starting to take it. My two by the way who are going to be 12 & 8 when we head back down this fall are driving me nuts to do this tour agin so we will be doing it again.

I have picutre of our Tour guide and our tour in my photo gallery if you want to see them. If you took pictures Pat please post.
    Last edited by JEDIPRINCESS; 07-26-2005 at 08:39 AM.

YES I"M GOING BACK AGAIN FOR HALLOWEEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast