Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Happiest Place on Earth? in the Vacation Planning forums; Packing is horrible but unloading is the worst. We drive down and stop in Georgia on our trips. My wife insists on taking everything out of the SUV. I always ...
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Happiest Place on Earth?

Packing is horrible but unloading is the worst. We drive down and stop in Georgia on our trips. My wife insists on taking everything out of the SUV. I always argue, and lose said argument, that we should take our valuables out and leave the luggage. I always give in and am the one repacking at 6 in the morning in the Georgia, or depending on if the beach is our first stop, South Carolina heat and humidity.

That's why the return trip home is a 16 to 17 hour marathon. By the time we return home, I am done packing and repacking the car!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

I am on your side ohiodisneydad, take out the valuables, munchies, and a small bag with change of clothes and hygene stuff, and leave everything else in the car.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

When we drove from here we always stopped in Chattanooga. My wife would always pack a small suitcase just for that stop and we would leave everything else in the car.

Not quite sure why anyone would choose to do differently. Different strokes, I suppose...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

I leave things in a car trunk yet I don't leave things in the SUV or Truck (has lock box). We fly. I had all the road trips I could handle when I was growing up. Not pleasant car memories. By the time we would devote 2 days down and 2 days back up and hotels mathematically it is cheaper for us to work those 4 days and fly.

Dear Lord I can't tell you how many times when I was small my Dad got lost in Chattanooga. It was a blessing when my Sis and I started to read maps and navigate.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

All this driving nonsense sounds like a nightmare. One fifty-pound suitcase, a carry-on, and a 2-hour flight. Done.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Having lots of experience with the driving part you'll get no argument from me.

prickle is offline Fastpass Holder

We usually drive the 13hr trip, but this April we will be flying. My son gets to march down Main Street with his high school band. I am so excited about seeing him march by. We always see bands marching by and fantasize how cool it would be to march down Main Street, and now he gets to. 92 days! Although he will be riding a bus while we fly. hahahahahahahahahahah

We've flown one time. It was just the wife and I. It was so nice to leave Ohio and after four hours with a lay over to be in Florida. No way could I afford to fly five of us down.
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

The price is the real rub, isn't it? My wife got the three of us a pretty good deal several months before we went. Paid a hair over $1K, non-stop, round trip. The sticker shock somewhat subsides when a hair over three hours later we're checking in at the Hilton across the street from DTD.

Only a little, though, I must admit.

But, these hineys simply have one too many road miles on them at this point. If we can't afford to fly, we can't afford to go.

double post

I feel ya on the miles thing. Our kids are still young but with the oldest two now considered "adult" by Disney standards, driving is still so much cheaper since their tickets cost more.

It is nice though to hit Orlando and not be so tired that I only want to nap.

Yeah, it's expensive enough for the three of us. I can't imagine adding two more tickets and mouths to feed...

I can loan two of them to you if you ever want to experience the sticker shock!

A kind offer to be sure, but I do believe I will...pass!

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by prickle View Post
    We usually drive the 13hr trip, but this April we will be flying. My son gets to march down Main Street with his high school band. I am so excited about seeing him march by. We always see bands marching by and fantasize how cool it would be to march down Main Street, and now he gets to. 92 days! Although he will be riding a bus while we fly. hahahahahahahahahahah
    Funny!

Words of wisdom. Right up until the start time of the parade, keep track of the time when the parade will start. They launched my nieces band group 15 minutes prior to what was thought to be the 3:00pm parade. Parents missed her.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast