Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree2Likes
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Happiest Place on Earth? in the Vacation Planning forums; Did they go into the Emporium and get a "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" t-shirt afterwards?...
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Happiest Place on Earth?

Did they go into the Emporium and get a "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" t-shirt afterwards?

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Yeah, it's expensive enough for the three of us. I can't imagine adding two more tickets and mouths to feed...
    And that growing kid thing was another reason we went from 14-16 day trips to around a week, give or take as they became older. While Disney was never cheap it started to land in the absurd category for our budget. Not saying I didn't get bang for the buck but we still had to come up with the buck. It is why I also ripped them out of school for two weeks in the fall, it wasn't crowded, nearly as hot and far cheaper, plus there was always some type of perk beyond dining tossed in back then. Disney has really outpaced the CPI for a decade despite the low CPI.

As kids hit high school, it was harder to miss that amount of time out of the classrooms and too many teachers to deal with. (I learned to lie and call them out of school instead of admitting vacation less backlash.)

Think this is bad, wait 'till you guys get to experience college tuition, room and board, student fee's and food costs at Universities. In the 12 meal/per week meal plan and a handful of misc credits, lunch and dinner averages out to $12.50 and breakfast $9.00 and they still have to find 9 meals elsewhere. Joy! Joy! My DD's University has doubled in price over the last 10 years. Yep, far less Disney trips for us. One year and one semester to go!
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Did they go into the Emporium and get a "What time is the 3 o'clock parade?" t-shirt afterwards?
    Should have. They were so disappointed.

And a sidebar story to the 3 o'clock parade.

Set up:

Last year during the Leap Year overnight my son and friends were wandering, they came in late evening were staying till it ended and then going to breakfast then off to work their CM roles for morning opening. I stayed up late as he was sending me pictures, updates and I was following some twitter feeds. Now CMs don't enjoy being messed with for the enjoyment of bored, obnoxious guests. There were more guests than they anticipated and lines were long for food venues and remaining open attractions, Disney didn't anticipate this many guests attending, learning curve.

As DS was noting the wear and tear of his fellow working CMs, I saw a twitter feed from a well known owner of a fan website, (not as polished as the owner of this sight or others) who was doing a meet up outside an attraction. He was communicating with his followers in the park. Bored in the middle of the night he sent out the tweet for everyone to keep finding CMs and ask them when the parade was? I sent the tweet to my son and his group.

They found the supervisor of that land and shared the tweet. They stood in the distance as the supervisor approached the twerp to discuss his tweet and shock twerp called off his little obnoxious game. Wonder why some fan sight owners are invited by Disney to participate in Media Events and others are not....It is amazing what some CMs have to put up with.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Who was it? Corless? That seems even below him.
    Last edited by Mo Noyz; 01-15-2013 at 12:54 PM.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Think this is bad, wait 'till you guys get to experience college tuition, room and board, student fee's and food costs at Universities. In the 12 meal/per week meal plan and a handful of misc credits, lunch and dinner averages out to $12.50 and breakfast $9.00 and they still have to find 9 meals elsewhere. Joy! Joy! My DD's University has doubled in price over the last 10 years. Yep, far less Disney trips for us. One year and one semester to go!
    Got this one covered! Much like others, I sacrificed my dream job to take another position somewhere else so my three daughters would have a free college education up to and including Grad School. I didn't want to saddle them with huge amounts of debt. So it's a win/win! College is paid for and we get to vacation at Disney!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234