Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By HauntedGabe
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Post Magic Kingdom Trip Report 1/21/2013 in the Vacation Planning forums; The best laid plans, well you know what they say. I reviewed WDW 's calender several times over the past several days. Originally, the hours of operation for the Magic ...
    i-neighborhood Guest

Post Magic Kingdom Trip Report 1/21/2013

The best laid plans, well you know what they say. I reviewed WDW's calender several times over the past several days. Originally, the hours of operation for the Magic Kingdom showed it closing at 9 p.m.. Over the weekend the calender was updated showing the Magic Kingdom would be open until 11pm Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, based on this I decided we would take a trip to Orlando. Since I knew the park would be open late, (which is my preferred time to go) I made no hurry and we did other things then my child says, hey, Magic Kingdom is only open to 9. I say, you must be on a fan site, so I look and yes, they changed the time back to 9pm. So, we went from 9pm originally, to 11pm update at the beginning of the weekend, back to 9pm. I had just looked at the calendar the night before or actually early that morning and it said 11pm. Fortunately, I have passes and can go back, but I do think there might have been some dubious intent on Disney's part for changing it and not leaving it at 9 to begin with.

The ride lines were horrible 2 hour wait time for every ride we went except for Philharmagic, Hall of Presidents and Carousel of Progress, everything else 2 hours. So much for off peak.

When I called over the phone to verify the change in time I spoke to several reps including a supervisor presumably, and they basically tried to imply I didn't see what I saw on the calendar (ha ha - see saw) but in any event I did and as they said, hours are subject to change, anyways. thats what I say. Anyways, whatever.

So we made the best of it, had fun.

Btw, according to a cast member, bottled drinks (water, soda...) must be "packed away" before entering the que for the People Mover. Fortunately, I had a back pack, but sometimes I don't carry one and we specifically buy bottled drinks as that has been previously permitted so long as your not actually drinking it on the ride, at least thats what we've been told before and never encountered an issue until last night.But policy changes or misapplied policy, who knows.

Speaking of policy change, the recent fast pass policy change is a bit of a pain. Now you must use the fast past within the time frame stamped, period, or they have a right to refuse the fast pass.

They finally uncovered, at least in part) of the structure they were building adjacent to the Haunted Mansion and Small World. I saw the the tip of what appears to be some thing like a castle tower, but because of our haste, some how we never went in that area, but everywhere around it.

There doing something at the turn styles, perhaps this has to do with their new RFID tracking system.

The second time we road Space Mountain the cast member directed us to the left "for shorter wait", ROTFL, well, it wasn't my first rodeo, but whatever makes her feel better. We enjoyed the "shorter" longer wait.

Pirates of the Caribbean line ques continue construction. I haven't researched what that might be all about, but I'm sure we'll see, assuming I renew our passes.

Now is apparent that its a roller coaster their building in New Fantasy Land, hope it has some thrill to it.

Disappointed still that, yes its been a long time I know, that Mickey Mouse Review was ever moved to another park and I also miss 20,000 leagues under the sea and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Buzz light year could be a little more imaginative, it seems more budget or low budget.

And laugh in and that ride that the monster spits on you, Stitch's Great Escape, I don't care for especially Stitch's Great Escape. Replace this ride at anytime please.

How about a people mover throughout the park. There's an idea.

Splash Mountain still under refurbish and I expect no changes, as there was a lot of speculation that Thunder Mountain's recent closure and refurbish was to include this and that, but that wasn't the case.

Disney still does the best firework show! Still want to ride up front. They can in Cali because its an "attraction". Oh well. Still don't like the new spiel. It's not growing on me.

Its always fun to ride the bumper cars, I know, the speedway cars.

Anyways, thanks to all the cast members who put on their best. Shout out to the ones working the train at @6:30 thank you thank you. Shout out to the roaming manager near pirates of the carribean Shout out to the lady with an accent working inside the theater at the Hall of Presidents. Shout out to the driver on the Jungle Cruise @ 7:40 p.m.

p.s. please excuse my lack of attention to punctuation, grammar...

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Re: Post Magic Kingdom Trip Report 1/21/2013

Wow! I know they extend the park hours during the day and the guests inside often do not know, rolling them back, interesting. I know Disney has had problems keeping up with their calendars current in the past. They seem to master the major things and ooops a lot in the detail clerical items, but generally their is always a ready excuse.

In the arena that my son works they are actually trained and trained extensively on what to say, what not to say.
    For weeks he had a shadow over him most of day for several weeks. And he is one that is generally at his role long before the turnstiles open and he is so not a morning person.

The construction next to Haunted Mansion is the Rapunzel restrooms. The construction of the restrooms is nearing its year long anniversary.

PotC is getting an interactive queue. Yep, some of the fixes to Thunder couldn't be fixed. Wonder if it wasn't enough time or not fixable like the Yeti. A shame.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

i-neighborhood Guest

Last edited by i-neighborhood; 01-23-2013 at 12:47 AM.

Restrooms near Haunted Mansion.
    Last edited by HauntedGabe; 01-23-2013 at 01:11 AM. Reason: whack-0 sight this evening
    i-neighborhood likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

i-neighborhood Guest

Thanks HauntedGabe. I've been wondering what they were constructing there. Rapunzel, never can have enough bathrooms, but they could stand to give you some water pressure.

I empathize with your son, I'm not a morning person either. Hate mornings. Yeah, they were rigid to the point of robotic on the phone so that must have been some training, and they must have wanted to strangle me because in some instances, standard response don't seem acknowledging. But that place certainly does need everyone in sync to operate as smoothly as it does and I know they all work hard, in the many roles that we don't even consider. But in the morning, uggghh, to see all those dears in the headlights coming at you.

I'm trying to keep this in perspective and roll with the flow, since i'm a "frequent flyer" I'm bound to experience some lapse in customer service or experiences, but I've had some good ones. One time a helicopter had landed at Hollywood Studios and we were held up in this ride enclosure forever while they tried to tow this helicopter, literally on the ground, and they were stuck trying to move it around a tight space. When I expressed a concern about it, they said there was no helicopter, no helicopter was ever allowed to land in a Disney Park, but we saw, we saw the managers or big wigs hovering around. That goes back to the training you mentioned probably.

I will be interested to see the interactive queue, hopefully it will be fun, especially if your waiting.

i-neighborhood Guest

Thanks, that's a cool picture HauntedGabe. Even though we made it to the Haunted Mansion, I think yesterday was the first time we never passed through that way, but we were on a mission.

These restrooms are certainly a slow moving project. In April I was eating in Columbia House and I couldn't believe the project was going so slowly. Here we are in later January and I have to laugh that the restrooms could not be completed for the Grand Opening.

Disney seems to attempting to revamp all of their queues to interactive and most new attractions are being built with them. I was surprised they didn't do the new queue for Thunder when it was down so long for the track rehab.
    Disney does puzzle me sometimes. From what I've been told the queue has been fitted with cranks to set the charge for setting off explosives out in the ride area. One person crancks in queue and another guest gets to set the exploses off from the queue. Some of the Queue will see the explosion as will some of the riders. Peter Pan is getting a new queue, that is the reason for the new restroom area as the old restroom in that area will be part of Peter Pan queue. I'm one of the few that wish Disney would have spent the money on bringing PP into the 21st century instead of the queue however there are a lot of PP fans that want it to stay as is.

As for talking to Disney on the phone I don't recommend it. I'd either hit guest relations or visit the lobby of your hotel depending on the issue. Face to face guests have a better edge. Lobbies are great because even when speaking in a normal tone CMs and guests tend to be overheard and Disney likes to keep up perfect appearances.

i-neighborhood Guest

Thats a good suggestion as opposed to the phone, thanks.

Cool, that sounds fun. I know at Busch Gardens River Rapids guest overlooking the ride are able to pay quarters, and can choose from about 5 different water cannons that you can potentially soak riders.

Okay, they're taking out PP restrooms for the queue, I was wondering why they would have restrooms so close to each other. That ride is always a wait so maybe that will make the wait a bit more interesting. I see your point about bringing it up to date, classic vs. current. I've been wondering month after month what was hidden behind the construction wall.

LOL, for the longest time I kept wondering why when passing through that area it would be wet at night along that corridor all the wayto the carousel, duh, someone finally told me it was for the fireworks.

Its that time again to renew our passes. I pay for the water park but have never been, I hate water parks, but I like to be able to go to Downtown Disney, but I'm sure before all is said and one I will break down and take the child to the water park. I almost went to Typhoon Lagoon this past weekend, but talked myself out of it.

My son wants to go to Universal, but i'm passed out right now between BG/SW/AI, WDW & LLF. I won't tell him, but I'm so not groovin on LLF. Twice was more than enough for me, but I will have to endure.

I