Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13 in the Vacation Planning forums; Sorry Guys wasn’t able to report while down in WDW but I hope you enjoy the report. Hopefully I’ll have it complete by tomorrow. Anyway onto the good stuff: Day ...
    DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13

Sorry Guys wasn’t able to report while down in WDW but I hope you enjoy the report. Hopefully I’ll have it complete by tomorrow. Anyway onto the good stuff:

Day 1:

We (Mom, Dad, Sister and I) were up bright and early to catch our 8 am flight to Orlando from Newark, NJ . Let me say I’m sure glad we stayed up by the airport the night before because I’m far from a morning person lol. Getting to the airport was uneventful and the flight down was a smooth as can be. After getting off the plane we headed for DME, I’m very impressed by how smoothly DME runs. After DME scanned our tickets we were on the bus in under 5 minutes and we were off to the world.

We arrived at Saratoga Springs around 12:30 ish and checked in. Our room wasn’t ready but we got our room keys and my dad and sister got their birthday pins. We got a wheelchair from the resort as my mom is still recovering from foot surgery (resorts have a limit number of wheelchairs you can use free of charge for the length of your visit)
    . WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img_0021.jpg WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img_0022.jpg\

We then headed for the bus stop and grabbed a bus to Epcot for lunch and to hit a few rides. Had lunch at Sunshine Seasons which was great but the prices are outrageous even by Disney’s standards. I had the chicken with green beans and mash potatoes and a cinnamon roll... so addicting ! Also during the day and the whole week we ran into many tour groups from various countries and some of them were very rude, not paying attention to where they were walking and leaving their garbage on the tables in Sunshine Seasons and expecting CM to clean up their mess VERY RUDE!
    WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img_0024.jpg
    After lunch we headed to SSE and then MS, rode the “Green” side for the first time (usually ride “Orange”) and must say Disney did a good job of presenting a great ride without the “thrill” aspect. Next came Test Track I would like to tell you that I was impressed but I was far from it! (I’ll post a new thread with my rant on how Disney destroyed TT). Anyway after TT we walked to Mexico and looked around my mom and dad got a drink. After a quick break we headed back to resort since our room was ready.

When we got back to the resort our luggage from DME was in our room and we then called to have our groceries from Garden Grocer delivered to the room (ordered mainly breakfast foods and some snacks). After unpacking me, my sister and dad headed for MK for extra magic hours. Headed right for SM and rode it twice on the left side, disappointing I prefer the right side. Next we rode TTA a family favorite! We then pushed our way through the crowd gathering for wishes to make it to Pecos Bills, my sister and I got a chicken wrap which was good but they used way too much lettuce and my dad had pulled pork sandwich. After dinner we rode POC, BTM and HM before looking around Fantasy Land... very impressed by the expansion which I took pictures, hopefully my sister has some. We finished the night riding Tomorrowland Speedway and SM again and grabbing sundaes from the ice cream shop, very good but so messy lol.

Day Two to Follow!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img_0023.jpg   WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img_0027.jpg  
    Last edited by DisneyFanNJ93; 01-23-2013 at 03:15 PM.
    ’94 WL, ’96 DL, ’99 DL, ’00 OKW, ’01 DL, ’01 GF ‘02 VWL, ’03 DCL Western Magic & CS, ’04 OKW, ’06 Poly
    ’08 BWV, ’09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since ‘00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

DisneyFanNJ93 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13

Day 2:

Started out the day by heading to Typhoon Lagoon for a couple hours. Weather was just into the 80’s so we spent most of the time in the wave pool and the lazy river, a personal favorite of my dads lol. My sister did shark reef and really liked it while I kicked back and worked on my “tan.” After a quick lunch we decided to head back to the resort and sit by the pool before a ressie at Momma Melrose.

We got to DHS at around 5pm, we had around a 5:40 ressie but they were able to seat us early around 5:20, always pays to arrive early! For dinner I had penne pasta with a four cheese sauce and chicken. Apparently I was the only one that liked dinner which is a first this is our 3rd or 4th time dinning here and we usually all like dinner, but we’ll be back.
    WDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img107.jpgWDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img106.jpgWDW Trip Report 1/13/13 - 1/20/13-img105.jpg
    After dinner we rode GMR followed by RNR multiple times... I think 2 or 3 times (personal favorite of mine!). After RNR my dad and mom left so me and my sister stayed for EMH and rode TSM only waited 25 minutes, TSM is a great ride with excellent special effects and gameplay but waiting more then 40 minutes is a stretch. Next we rode ST twice and let me tell you Disney knocked it out of the park with the update, I love how you can ride time after time and almost always get a new experience.

Thats it for Day 2, oh I forgot to mention we were using the TIW card I can’t comment on if it was worth it yet my dad is still punching to numbers but when I find out I will report back.
    ’94 WL, ’96 DL, ’99 DL, ’00 OKW, ’01 DL, ’01 GF ‘02 VWL, ’03 DCL Western Magic & CS, ’04 OKW, ’06 Poly
    ’08 BWV, ’09 BWV & DCL
    DVC Members since ‘00

"Hang on to them hats and glasses! 'Cause this here is the wildest ride in the wilderness!" - Big Thunder Mountain Railroad