Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mike's 2-Day/6-Park MLK Weekend Solo Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; Nope, the tunes were traditional Christmas tunes. I mean, Bing Crosby and the like....
    Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Mike's 2-Day/6-Park MLK Weekend Solo Trip Report

Nope, the tunes were traditional Christmas tunes. I mean, Bing Crosby and the like.

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Hahaha... year of a million xenophobic nightmares!
    But then, Brazillians really did give themselves a bad name as far as tour groups go.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Yeah, they can be as obnoxious as American tourists. Just more organized.

Quite different, actually.

These tour groups are loud. Yeah, your stupid chant is real endearing. Now shut up. Then, these obnoxious dummies will have one person stand in line so that later on, the other 95 of them can feel entitled to cut in and join their single friend up front. And what's with this inane Lemming mentality, where they feel the need to follow a flag like sheep? How about, "Hey, you're all mature free thinkers. Here are some park maps. Go explore and we'll meet up around lunch time." No. It's much better that 700 of them all get into line in front of me every where I turn. Makes a lot more sense that way. All we need is one amusement park to be built in a rainforest somewhere and we're done with 'em. I'll happily start that petition. Go, Pat, Go.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Nemo is annoying. Then getting out and finally looking at the marine critters and the tanks are dramatically less populated now. Crush did make me laugh, a talented CM and a good group of people. It demonstrates how I've dropped my standards for a good time in Future World.

Your assessment of Test Track is kind of how I am leaning toward only watching the videos. It doesn't surprise me that the screens are whack o already. I understood the story the original told from testing parts to testing durability performance. On the video I am basically just seeing pretty lights, is there a cohesive story element now?

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    But then, Brazilians really did give themselves a bad name as far as tour groups go.
    Nicely stated.

I noted this comment, I am sorry, did she pass recently?

Chemical Bank, just like my grandma, is dead.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post

Nicely stated.
    Exactly! Xenophobia for the win!

Nemo is annoying. Then getting out and finally looking at the marine critters and the tanks are dramatically less populated now. Crush did make me laugh, a talented CM and a good group of people. It demonstrates how I've dropped my standards for a good time in Future World.
    Crush is an amazing piece. The Stitch attraction in DLP was even better. Plus, they were using the whole "rebel spy" idea there long before they thought to incorporate it into Star Tours. I enjoyed the Stitch show and experienced it in English and French. Hey, when in Rome... er, France... Anyway, both Stitch and Crush, along with Monsters, Inc, are all beautifully done. It's just a shame that these are all 2-D screen shows and not true attractions.

Your assessment of Test Track is kind of how I am leaning toward only watching the videos. It doesn't surprise me that the screens are whack o already. I understood the story the original told from testing parts to testing durability performance. On the video I am basically just seeing pretty lights, is there a cohesive story element now?
    Visually great. But a bland concept. The story is about as cohesive as you can imagine a weak story being. It's not like the mighty microscope where you are shrunk down to the size of an atom. So I don't know if the ramp into the ride is supposed to be magically teleporting us into a computer? The old barrier crash test (which again, in this version, is only weakly explained) as opposed to 'hey, we're about to crash you head-on into a wall', completely takes you out of the whole 'sim car' experience. No one bothered to think this one through.

I noted this comment, I am sorry, did she pass recently?
    Chemical Bank, just like my grandma, is dead.
    No, actually. She passed over thirteen years ago. My paternal grandma died this past November, just two months before her 93rd birthday. She lived a good life. Thanks for the kind words & for even asking. Much appreciated

Crush is an amazing piece. The Stitch attraction in DLP was even better. Plus, they were using the whole "rebel spy" idea there long before they thought to incorporate it into Star Tours. I enjoyed the Stitch show and experienced it in English and French. Hey, when in Rome... er, France... Anyway, both Stitch and Crush, along with Monsters, Inc, are all beautifully done. It's just a shame that these are all 2-D screen shows and not true attractions.
    Oddly it was my DS that insisted I go see Crush, I've passed before and I'm glad I did. Wonder how much of my 7 years of French that I never had a real opportunity to use in life would serve me in listening to an attraction in French. Yep, 2D's economical fills in lieu of expensive attractions. Did you do the Belle Mirror thing while in Fantasyland?

Visually great. But a bland concept. The story is about as cohesive as you can imagine a weak story being. It's not like the mighty microscope where you are shrunk down to the size of an atom. So I don't know if the ramp into the ride is supposed to be magically teleporting us into a computer? The old barrier crash test (which again, in this version, is only weakly explained) as opposed to 'hey, we're about to crash you head-on into a wall', completely takes you out of the whole 'sim car' experience. No one bothered to think this one through.

My very first experience with TT was a thrill, I knew little of the attraction even though I waited for years for that attraction to open visit after visit. Where I can form an opinion via video of Mermaid and Belle, I'm having a hard time forming one for TT off the video.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

The old barrier crash test (which again, in this version, is only weakly explained) as opposed to 'hey, we're about to crash you head-on into a wall', completely takes you out of the whole 'sim car' experience. No one bothered to think this one through.
    So, what? Enclose the entire outside portion of the track?

Don't blame me. I didn't come up the Tron-like interior. Blame the Imagineers who forgot that there was something on the other side of the barrier wall. Find a better reason to suddenly thrust out outdoors. The disconnect is way too in-your-face.

Oddly it was my DS that insisted I go see Crush, I've passed before and I'm glad I did. Wonder how much of my 7 years of French that I never had a real opportunity to use in life would serve me in listening to an attraction in French. Yep, 2D's economical fills in lieu of expensive attractions. Did you do the Belle Mirror thing while in Fantasyland?
    I skipped the 'attraction'. I've seen the online video, and if every single 'experience' there is going to be the same exact thing, I have zero reason to ever waste a valuable second of my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Noyz View Post
    Exactly! Xenophobia for the win!
    I would not choose the word xenophobia as my disdain is limited to obnoxious tour groups, I can see why you choose Xenophobia to describe your own view. I have actually been around many European tour groups that have class and on an individual basis I don't hold hatred or fear of foreign people, actually quite the opposite as in my family I am only second generation here so many of my relatives were foreign. We also have some real nice non-US citizens on the sight here. Good people.

I skipped the 'attraction'. I've seen the online video, and if every single 'experience' there is going to be the same exact thing, I have zero reason to ever waste a valuable second of my time there.
    Yeah, I'll do most things once, but it would really depend on how much time I had.

Quote Originally Posted by HG
    I can see why you choose Xenophobia to describe your own view.
    Beautiful effort, there.

My own view is that different cultures celebrate and have fun in different ways. And I don't begrudge them that opportunity.

I've run across far more rude and obnoxious American tourists than foreign. To spotlight tourists from one country is indeed a xenophobic approach. Sorry.

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Obnoxious tour groups aside, be they foreign or domestic, are annoying.

Let's try not to hi-jack the thread and for Pete's sake, everyone play nice!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

Need to find time to update to the remaining parks. Wow, these things take more time than I realized. No wonder I've never done one before, even after my DLP trip a few years back. So many photos, so little time to write it all up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast