Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Mike's 2-Day/6-Park MLK Weekend Solo Trip Report in the Vacation Planning forums; I've only ever done one trip write up. No pics uploaded and it took forever. Keep going though. It's good to see Disney through the eyes of a power vacationer....
    ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: Mike's 2-Day/6-Park MLK Weekend Solo Trip Report

I've only ever done one trip write up. No pics uploaded and it took forever. Keep going though. It's good to see Disney through the eyes of a power vacationer.
    supernova and Evilduckqueen like this.
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

DAY 2 – Sunday January 20 – Park 2 - Hollywood Studios

Walked out of Epcot and headed to my car in the third row of Journey parking lot. I wasn’t sure which park to hit next, but I figured since I was close enough to the Studios, I might as well go there. I never EVER plan these things out in advance. No silly spreadsheets, no stupid color coded index cards. No ADRs, no schedule. Go with the flow.

I pulled into the lot and was immediately directed to the far end of the parking lot. A quick talk with the guy directing traffic and I was allowed to turn right while everyone else went left. I walked over to the park, past the bag check, and into the park. My first stop is usualy Sid Cahuenga's to see what they've got in stock. A long time ago, I picked up some great stuff, including a Robin Hood mobile, which I still have. I also picked up lots of black and white Disney movie stills. Now they're picked clean on Disney-related things, featuring a few posters and lots of autographed pictures. The rest of the store is Hollywood books and autographs, so there is rarely anything for me to buy when I visit. The great thing is that I noticed many of the autographs I have in my collection looked similar to those they are selling as authentic on the walls of Sid's, so I hope that means mine are real too.

I decided I’d visit Star Tours, but needed to get a Fast Pass for the attraction. Since I had some time, I walked around the rest of the park. Toy Story Mania had a crazy wait time and the Fast Passes were gone. I wasn’t impressed by the ride the first time, so I haven’t gone back since. But it’s fun to see what sort of line others are wasting their time standing on to ride it.

Yeah, that's not happening...

I haven’t seen the Streets of America, or whatever they’re calling it these days, in a while without it being lit up for Christmas, so I thought I’d stroll through. I quickly realized why I don’t go there. There isn’t anything to do.

So I should, what, stand under this umbrella for a half hour or so? Outta here.

I remembered there was a meet n’ greet with Lightning McQueen and Mater, and since my nephew is a huge Cars fan, I wanted to get a photo and show him who Uncle Mikie hangs out with on weekends. The line was short. Shorter than Fineas and Ferb. But since I have never watched the show, I didn’t care how long the line was. So, I stood between two trucks that made motor noises but didn't talk.
    Quite the meet n' greet, I tell ya.

It was time for Star Tours, so I used my Fast Pass and took the only ride I’d be on in the entire park. This time, I had the Storm Trooper segment followed by asteroids, then pod racing, then Naboo. Yes those new movies were awful, but these they made for interesting segments on the ride. I quickly got out of the gift shop and noticed that the speeder bike was removed from the area across from the exit. Not sure how long that has been missing.

Take a few minutes out to take in the details and you catch little gems like this one. Bye Captain Rex.

After that, I went over to have lunch at the Commissary. Nice chicken sandwich, soup and chocolate mousse. No ADR's, no problem.

Time to start wrapping this place up. My wife hated the Muppets movie thing so I have now sworn it off until they update it or finally bring in a new show with 3D technology worthy of a Disney park. I already saw the Captain Jack exhibit online, so figuring that it was going to be the same exact thing, I decided to skip it. Instead, I walked through One Man’s Dream exhibit, and since I have never seen the movie, I decided to sit through it. Not a terrible film. But again, it’s a one-and-done thing.

Clever bit.

Next I walked through the Animation area but missed the left turn and kept going straight. No characters of interest (Frozone and Mr. Incredible, two Wreck-it-Ralph characters, and others that I don't remember), so I left and walked around some more.

The last remnants of Roger Rabbit in the park.

There was a parade about to start, so I ran over to the Villains shop (which finally has some villain merchandise back in there and not just Nightmare Before Christmas stuff), and then over to the art shop to check for sketches. I headed back over towards the main gate, walked through the gift shops and out to the exit. 3:05pm… on to Animal Kingdom.

Two and a half hours later... time to head over to Disney's zoo.
    Last edited by supernova; 02-24-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!
    www.autographshowcase.com/disney

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

I always enjoy looking at the last remnants of Roger Rabbit at DHS. I think he should have a home there
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Yep, they kinda killed any reason to visit Streets of America. Did you skip Sunset Blvd.? I love that street.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Quote Originally Posted by HauntedGabe View Post
    Yep, they kinda killed any reason to visit Streets of America. Did you skip Sunset Blvd.? I love that street.
    I walked around to see the scenery, but without lights, it's just apartment buildings. I get that at work every day.
    Please visit my new DISNEY AUTOGRAPH website to check out my autograph collection!

Really Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiodisneydad View Post
    I always enjoy looking at the last remnants of Roger Rabbit at DHS. I think he should have a home there
    I remember they had the old dip machine busting through the brick wall, along with a few other props. Somewhere in a box, I have photos with Roger, though it was from Tomorrowland. Back when Disney used to throw springs on top of characters' heads and make them part of the 'futuristic' world of Tomorrowland. I think I also have a photo of Goofy dressed the same way. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    First off, a special thank you to everyone on here who followed my adventures on Facebook over MLK weekend. And if you're not already my Facebook Friend, why not? What's wrong with you? Feel free to add me by searching for the email address michaelscalice@ gmail.com (be sure to put them together... kept them spaced in case it wouldn't let me post the link) and I'll happily add you. Always great for the Disney community to stick together.

FYI-Transformers is clipping along since your trip, they have the music playing around the construction sight.

Evilduckqueen likes this.

but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Thanks for sharing! The were construction walls around a good portion of the middle of the park near the lagoon area. Lots of pictures in frames of different Transformers. This ride is sure to NOT be a silly lame dark ride. Can't wait!

Yep, I'm excited too!

They are ramping up for Transformers. The Gift Shop opened yesterday and today, well here is another autograph and photo in your future.

https://twitter.com/Attractions/stat...634114/photo/1

DAY 2 – Sunday January 20 – Park 3 – Animal Kingdom

So far so good. Not even 3:30 and I was already ½ way through all four parks. The entrance to the lot wasn't very busy at that hour, and a few illegal turns and wrong-way-down-a-one-way-lane's allowed me to park right up front in the Unicorn section. I walked over to the park, dodging trams and cutting across lawns.

Crossdresser Crossing

There isn’t much to do at Animal Kingdom, so I usually find myself just walking the trails.
    Ha. Miniature tree.

I decided skip Camp Minnie Mickey and just walk towards the back of the park.

The parade wasn't for another 45 minutes at least, and already these fools are lining up.

I tried the Safari ride but the wait time was ridiculous. So I figured I’d just keep walking.

Well officer, the guy who stole my purse was about three feet tall, dark hair, full beard...

I’m not a roller coaster person, so I skipped Everest. I got a Fast Pass for Dinosaur and kept exploring.

Oddly enough, these guys had more motion that the actual Yeti.

I walked over to Flame Tree and just sat on the deck for a while, relaxed, and read my book.

I like Captain Solo right where he is...

After Dinosaur, I started walking back towards the front of the park and avoided the awful jungle parade.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

One ride, a bit of leisure time, and I was pretty much done with Animal Kingdom. Didn’t get to ride much, but eh, I’ll be back in December. At this point, it was approaching 4:30 and I still had one more park to visit. On to the fourth and final park of the day.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Last edited by supernova; 03-08-2013 at 02:35 PM.

My only question is...why would you wait in line for the awful AK parade?

Could be worse, they could have been waiting for the Jingle Christmas Parade.

Yeti, motion, heeheehee
    supernova likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    DAY 2 – Sunday January 20 – Park 3 – Animal Kingdom

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

One ride, a bit of leisure time, and I was pretty much done with Animal Kingdom. Didn’t get to ride much, but eh, I’ll be back in December. At this point, it was approaching 4:30 and I still had one more park to visit. On to the fourth and final park of the day.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post of the year! I could actually feel your terror.
    supernova likes this.

Sure hope they are given a new t-shirt everyday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast