Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss This is completely serious - UFO over Seven Seas Lagoon during Wishes in the Vacation Planning forums; Ok....so this is on the up and up and I am not one of those conspiracy theorist, but while watching Wishes from the Poly beach while eating a Dole whip ...
    disneyfun55 is offline C-Ticket Holder

This is completely serious - UFO over Seven Seas Lagoon during Wishes

Ok....so this is on the up and up and I am not one of those conspiracy theorist, but while watching Wishes from the Poly beach while eating a Dole whip (so much fun and highly recommended as they pipe in the music), we saw an object flying that we could not identify over the Seven Seas Lagoon during the tail end of the show.

It was VERY fast and turned on a dime! It had what appeared to be two rows of lights on the bottom, two lights per row. One row was green, the other was red. There was also a white intermittent white flashing light. This is similar to what is used on commercial and private planes, so I do not think that it was otherworldly.

During the final sequences of Wishes, it flew across the sky from the direction of the Grand Floridian towards the Contemporary. It stopped several times, hovered for a moment, and then took off in a different direction. It appeared to be approximately 200-400 feet up. After completely crossing the sky in front of the Poly, almost to the TTC, it reversed course abruptly and flew all the way back to the beach near the wedding pavilion in about 3-4 seconds! It landed on the beach there. We tried to race over there, but had to go around the marina at the Poly and when we finally got there, there was no one on the beach.

We did ask the front desk at the Poly what we might have seen (I was concerned that if guests were flying remote controlled helicopters/planes that their radio signals could interfere with the fireworks show and put cast members in danger), but they were as confused as we were. They thought that they may have been testing the dragon, but that they had not heard anything about a test to be performed. They did say that their manager was looking into the situation, so that tells me that it was probably not a WDW operation. The UFO was also way too fast for an AR drone, it had to be something with a bit more muscle in it. We did hear what we believed to be rotors as it flew back and landed.

Did anyone else out there see this? Does anyone else know what it might have been?

ohiodisneydad is offline Hi, my name is David and I like Beverly.

Re: This is completely serious - UFO over Seven Seas Lagoon during Wishes

Maybe you saw the real Peter Pan...or Tink...or maybe even Bowler Hat Guy and his Time Machine from Meet the Robinsons!!!

I'm a mild conspiracy theorist and I believe in a lot of crypto type things. Anything is possible and I think it's a cool story. Pretty exciting!
    "Life is an occassion. Rise to it."- Mr. Magorium
    "Welcome Home"- Best words you'll ever hear when you check in at a Disney Resort

ohiodisneymom is offline A-Ticket holder

If aliens exist, of course they'll want to visit Disney!!! Interesting story, hope you find out what it was.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Did it play five notes that sounded like boopboop, boop, boop, booooooop?

i-neighborhood Guest

We saw several things year before or so while in MK with various colors, I believe this is either Drone testing or some Disney drones or something, but certainly not any aliens. I know that Drones have become quite sophisticated and you would be surprised at how fast and how controlled they can be. They even have drones that look and mimick small bird movement to helicopters to jets. They even have one now that can record every single movement down to a bugger on the nose within a city simultaneously.