Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jbgdst
Trip Reports & Member Reviews Discuss Josh's Pre-Trip Report! in the Vacation Planning forums; I have had this trip booked for a while, I booked everything 180 days in advance, like a true Disney addict would.    I hope you enjoy reading my trip ...
    jbgdst is offline A-Ticket holder

Josh's Pre-Trip Report!

I have had this trip booked for a while, I booked everything 180 days in advance, like a true Disney addict would.    I hope you enjoy reading my trip plans for my trip on August 21st.

On the day I fly down (flight not booked yet), I have a dinner reservation at Sanaa in Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas. I have never been there, so I am very excited about that one! I will be staying in a standard Little Mermaid room in the new(ish) Art of Animation Resort. On the 22nd, I will be going to the Magic Kingdom, where I have a lunch ADR for the Liberty Tree Tavern, where I also have never been. I usually go to Crystal Palace, but I wanted to try something new. On the 23rd, I will be going to Epcot and dining at Le Cellier (for lunch) for the first time! I was never able to get a reservation for Le Cellier before, it was always booked up. On the 24th, I will be going to Disney's Hollywood Studios and dining at Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano, the only restaurant on this trip which I have dined in before. On the 25th, I will be getting on the Disney Dream for a 4 day cruise to Castaway Cay and Nassau.

Overall, I am so excited for this trip and will be sure to update you when I get back.
    "Sometimes it's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

http://www.wonderfullandofdisney.tumblr.com

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Re: Josh's Pre-Trip Report!

Oh man, you should've made the Liberty tree rezzies for dinner. It's a little expensive, but the food is great and the family style service makes it a unique experience.

Great place either way, though. Still one of my all time favorites on property. Though I'm sure some of that has to do with the fact that I've been eating there since the 70's.

jbgdst is offline A-Ticket holder

I liked the lunch menu more than the dinner menu there on glance. I will have to try it for dinner too if the food and service are good.
    "Sometimes it's fun to do the impossible." ~Walt Disney

http://www.wonderfullandofdisney.tumblr.com

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Quote Originally Posted by jbgdst View Post
    I liked the lunch menu more than the dinner menu there on glance. I will have to try it for dinner too if the food and service are good.
    I love their lunch, the Tavern Fried Cheese is excellent, not your typical fried cheese, though they have cut the portion size , my favorite sandwich is the Liberty Boys BLT, it has pork belly bacon, being from the midwest I am a big fan of that, it is really yummy and a side of Freedom pasta salad, lots of fresh veggies. I recommend sharing the pasta salad, it is rich and everyone taking a scoop is plenty. Family has had the Colony grilled chicken salad, but with park touring I usually want more than salad, even with chicken for a meal, but they have said it is great.

If you are doing the dining plan or love dessert, the Toffee Cake, well it is a drool fest. I've enjoyed dinner their also, it is hearty and have some twists on a Thanksgiving meal, it was actually ThanksGiving when I ate there last, it filled the purpose of the day.
    Some people are like Slinkies.

They aren't really good for anything,
    but they still bring a smile to my face when I push them down a flight of stairs.

Friends are Gods way of apologizing to us for our families.

Mo Noyz is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by jbgdst View Post
    Oh, don't get me wrong, lunch there is awesome as well.

I'm just partial to the "thanksgiving dinner every night" thing they've got going on for dinner. No menus, no ordering. You just sit down, and they start bringing you food. Very cool.